Freddie Mac

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was all behavioral. It may be a good idea to Prepare a list of experiences you can pull from.

Interview Question – "Name a time you where faced with a problem and how you handled it"   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was a 6 person panel, lasted for 6 hours. If you are well prepared, it is not grilling.

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – Had a 45 minute phone interview. Got accepted to next round which was called "freddie day". There were about 20 candidates there. We split into 2 groups. One group interviewed first while the other took a tour of the campus and then they switched off. I interviewed with two people for 45 minutes each. They asked behavioral questions and then digressed into questions about where specifically I want to work within finance. I wasn't really sure what to answer.

Interview Question – An interviewer asked me about the presidential campaign and how each candidate would affect the mortgage market. This question threw me off guard.   View Answer

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – After applying through my school's career website I got an on campus interview. This was pretty simple just looking for fit (why Freddie? what do you know about Freddie Mac? etc. ). I was then asked to come to Freddie Day that next week. Campus tour, talking with analysts, 2 interviews, etc. Interviews were mainly about fit as well just behavioral questions and making sure you did your homework. HR got back to us within a week so overall it was a quick process.

Interview Question – What do you think Freddie Mac will look like coming out of conservatorship?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation. Salary was fair and benefits were better than most companies.

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was given an offer as an intern, and for the internship process, I only interviewed for 30 minutes.

Interview Question – How will the future of GAAP accounting look?   Answer Question

McLean, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1st phone interview was about half hour, talked to manager of department and was asked about past experieneces within finance and accounting, as well as IT work and past education. Invited to Freddie Day, somewhat disorganized, people come in from all around the US for it. three one-on-one interviews and a bunch of presentations and tours. Not very exciting place.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about your experience with auditing and how would you go about finding help if you were unsure of an answer on the job.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in July 2008.

Interview Details – Had an in-person interview from a recruiter. They just mentioned that they were looking for big 4 experience, even though obviously I never worked at any of those firms. It made no sense to bring me in for an interview if that was the case. They asked me some pointless questions and that was it. The recruiter was not even dressed professionally.

Interview Question – Why should you get the job   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Freddie Mac

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Freddie Mac Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Freddie Mac employees and interview candidates.