Freddie Mac Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2013.

The first interview was all behavioral. It may be a good idea to Prepare a list of experiences you can pull from.

Interview Questions
  • "Name a time you where faced with a problem and how you handled it"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Freddie Mac

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2009.

Interview was a 6 person panel, lasted for 6 hours. If you are well prepared, it is not grilling.

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Had a 45 minute phone interview. Got accepted to next round which was called "freddie day". There were about 20 candidates there. We split into 2 groups. One group interviewed first while the other took a tour of the campus and then they switched off. I interviewed with two people for 45 minutes each. They asked behavioral questions and then digressed into questions about where specifically I want to work within finance. I wasn't really sure what to answer.

Interview Questions
    • An interviewer asked me about the presidential campaign and how each candidate would affect the mortgage market. This question threw me off guard.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

After applying through my school's career website I got an on campus interview. This was pretty simple just looking for fit (why Freddie? what do you know about Freddie Mac? etc. ). I was then asked to come to Freddie Day that next week. Campus tour, talking with analysts, 2 interviews, etc. Interviews were mainly about fit as well just behavioral questions and making sure you did your homework. HR got back to us within a week so overall it was a quick process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think Freddie Mac will look like coming out of conservatorship?   Answer Question
    Little to no negotiation. Salary was fair and benefits were better than most companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2011.

I was given an offer as an intern, and for the internship process, I only interviewed for 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2012.

1st phone interview was about half hour, talked to manager of department and was asked about past experieneces within finance and accounting, as well as IT work and past education. Invited to Freddie Day, somewhat disorganized, people come in from all around the US for it. three one-on-one interviews and a bunch of presentations and tours. Not very exciting place.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about your experience with auditing and how would you go about finding help if you were unsure of an answer on the job.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in July 2008.

Had an in-person interview from a recruiter. They just mentioned that they were looking for big 4 experience, even though obviously I never worked at any of those firms. It made no sense to bring me in for an interview if that was the case. They asked me some pointless questions and that was it. The recruiter was not even dressed professionally.

Interview Questions

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!