Freddie Mac

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2010.

Interview Details – There was a short personality interview given on-campus. There were some technical questions that were pretty straight-forward.

Interview Question – What is a router?   View Answers (2)

McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2011.

Interview Details – I had a 30 minute one on one interview that consisted mainly of me describing my previous work and education experience. There were no technical questions, but I was asked some questions about how Freddie Mac works and what they do. I thought the interview went very well especially since I previously completed an externship with Freddie Mac. I sent a thank you not to my interviewer, and have heard absolutely nothing since. No emails to tell me that I was not selected no phone calls, zero contact.

Interview Question – Do you understand what it is that Freddie Mac does and if so could you please give a brief overview?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

McLean, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2011.

Interview Details – Regular phone interview. They asked me some behavioral questions, as well as technical questions. I was applying for an IT position, so they asked questions about programming in general. If you could not answer the questions, then the job is not probably for you.

Interview Question – What would you do in a situation like this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2009.

Interview Details – Short (1/2-1 hr) behavioral phone interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time....   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac in May 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR, where all questions were behavioral or based on resume. Second round interview was a 2:1 conference call, also with just behavioral and resume based questions. After passing second round, you get placed in a department and they present you with an official offer. You must then take a drug test and complete a background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, compensation and job placement was chosen by the company. Pay is great for a summer internship, especially for the level of work.

McLean, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview proces begins with a phone screening from a recruiter in human resources and then after asking basic questions of "Why Freddie Mac" and a brief background check, you are evaluated by the department you applied for on another interview.
As an intern candidate, I then received a second phone interview from the group I was supposed to be working with during the summer and they ran through a 25-minute behavioral interview with me leaving 5 minutes for questions.
After the completion of a phone interview, an offer was extended 5 business days later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time of change. How did you use someone else's criticism to change yourself?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2012.

Interview Details – I got an email from a recruiter asking for my best times to arrange a phone interview. I had an interview with 2 employees from Freddie Mac. They asked me about myself, what I knew about Freddie Mac and the position followed by behavioral/situational interview questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2011.

Interview Details – HR Phone screen/interview followed by a 1:1 interview consisting of mostly resume-based questions and a few technical questions.

Questions were similar to these:
-Describe XYZ on resume and elaborate on what you did
-What is your experience with XYZ technology
-Describe leadership roles in your projects
etc.

Interview Question – Describe a project in which you had a leadership position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Intern position, did not negotiate salary.

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview with Freddie recruiter. Simple questions i.e. "When have you worked on a group project when one member wasn't carrying there weight and what did you do about it?"

Interview Question – Various group work questions.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in May 2011.

Interview Details – The person who hired me was the head of department. He asked me few questions about my resume and classes I have taken. The processes was calm and I got the offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn in your C++ class? Do you know *bla*?   View Answer
  • You took this class.What are the assumptions for BS model?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was very happy to accepted their terms and did not negotiate at all

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!