Freddie Mac Intern Interview Questions

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2011.

I had a 30 minute one on one interview that consisted mainly of me describing my previous work and education experience. There were no technical questions, but I was asked some questions about how Freddie Mac works and what they do. I thought the interview went very well especially since I previously completed an externship with Freddie Mac. I sent a thank you not to my interviewer, and have heard absolutely nothing since. No emails to tell me that I was not selected no phone calls, zero contact.

Interview Questions
  • Do you understand what it is that Freddie Mac does and if so could you please give a brief overview?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Freddie Mac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2011.

Regular phone interview. They asked me some behavioral questions, as well as technical questions. I was applying for an IT position, so they asked questions about programming in general. If you could not answer the questions, then the job is not probably for you.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2010.

There was a short personality interview given on-campus. There were some technical questions that were pretty straight-forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2009.

Short (1/2-1 hr) behavioral phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac in May 2009.

Initial phone interview with HR, where all questions were behavioral or based on resume. Second round interview was a 2:1 conference call, also with just behavioral and resume based questions. After passing second round, you get placed in a department and they present you with an official offer. You must then take a drug test and complete a background check.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, compensation and job placement was chosen by the company. Pay is great for a summer internship, especially for the level of work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2009.

The interview proces begins with a phone screening from a recruiter in human resources and then after asking basic questions of "Why Freddie Mac" and a brief background check, you are evaluated by the department you applied for on another interview.
    As an intern candidate, I then received a second phone interview from the group I was supposed to be working with during the summer and they ran through a 25-minute behavioral interview with me leaving 5 minutes for questions.
    After the completion of a phone interview, an offer was extended 5 business days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time of change. How did you use someone else's criticism to change yourself?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2012.

I got an email from a recruiter asking for my best times to arrange a phone interview. I had an interview with 2 employees from Freddie Mac. They asked me about myself, what I knew about Freddie Mac and the position followed by behavioral/situational interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2011.

HR Phone screen/interview followed by a 1:1 interview consisting of mostly resume-based questions and a few technical questions.

Questions were similar to these:
    -Describe XYZ on resume and elaborate on what you did
    -What is your experience with XYZ technology
    -Describe leadership roles in your projects
    etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project in which you had a leadership position.   Answer Question
    Intern position, did not negotiate salary.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in May 2011.

The person who hired me was the head of department. He asked me few questions about my resume and classes I have taken. The processes was calm and I got the offer in the end.

Interview Questions
    • What did you learn in your C++ class? Do you know *bla*?   View Answer
    • You took this class.What are the assumptions for BS model?   View Answer
    I was very happy to accepted their terms and did not negotiate at all

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2010.

I met a recruiter at a networking event and we chatted. The next day they called to offer an interview on campus that day. The interview was about half an hour and consisted of many "what would you do if..." questions and give me an instance when you... questions. I did not receive an offer because I was still a freshman but they told me that was the only thing wrong with me. They encouraged me to try again next year.

Interview Questions
    • Give an instance of when a person on your team was not acting appropriately and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!