Freddie Mac Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2011.

I had a 30 minute one on one interview that consisted mainly of me describing my previous work and education experience. There were no technical questions, but I was asked some questions about how Freddie Mac works and what they do. I thought the interview went very well especially since I previously completed an externship with Freddie Mac. I sent a thank you not to my interviewer, and have heard absolutely nothing since. No emails to tell me that I was not selected no phone calls, zero contact.

Interview Questions
  • Do you understand what it is that Freddie Mac does and if so could you please give a brief overview?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Freddie Mac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2011.

Regular phone interview. They asked me some behavioral questions, as well as technical questions. I was applying for an IT position, so they asked questions about programming in general. If you could not answer the questions, then the job is not probably for you.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2010.

There was a short personality interview given on-campus. There were some technical questions that were pretty straight-forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2009.

Short (1/2-1 hr) behavioral phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac in May 2009.

Initial phone interview with HR, where all questions were behavioral or based on resume. Second round interview was a 2:1 conference call, also with just behavioral and resume based questions. After passing second round, you get placed in a department and they present you with an official offer. You must then take a drug test and complete a background check.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, compensation and job placement was chosen by the company. Pay is great for a summer internship, especially for the level of work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2009.

The interview proces begins with a phone screening from a recruiter in human resources and then after asking basic questions of "Why Freddie Mac" and a brief background check, you are evaluated by the department you applied for on another interview.
    As an intern candidate, I then received a second phone interview from the group I was supposed to be working with during the summer and they ran through a 25-minute behavioral interview with me leaving 5 minutes for questions.
    After the completion of a phone interview, an offer was extended 5 business days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time of change. How did you use someone else's criticism to change yourself?   Answer Question

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!