Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in July 2015.

Interview

It was casual but strange. I was suppose to meet with 3 people on the team. Ended up talking to just the associate, who doesn't make the hiring decision so I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything else you would like to talk about that we haven't talked about?   Answer Question

Pricing Valuation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site. Very professional and easy-going. Seems like they genuinely were looking for a right fit for their team. On-site was with 3 of the people in the team followed by a quick tour.

Interview Questions

• Know your basics. Understand what they do and what they offer. Swaps, swaptions, options etc etc.   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Panel interview with senior managers. The format was formal and questions were technical.

Quality Assurance Analyst Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

First phone screen with Recruiter and then Personal 45 minutes with Hiring manager First phone screen with Recruiter and then Personal 45 minutes with Hiring manager First phone screen with Recruiter and then Personal 45 minutes with Hiring manager

Interview Questions

• general experience related, Job description related specific QA questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was good enough for the level with benefits and overtime package

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

A lot of behavior questions and some most popular consulting company's interview questions. Be sure to prepare for a lot behavior questions before the interview. Also keep clear logic when you answer the consulting case questions.

Interview Questions

• For example, how many papers are in the current office?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got the first interview through a referral by an employee of the company. The first interview was over the phone, mainly behavioral questions (Why did you choose your major? Why do you want to work at Freddie Mac? What did you do in a group situation where people were not motivated?). After that, they invited me to an on-site "Freddie Day" in their McLean, VA office. At Freddie Day, we had two 30 minute interviews (each for different roles within the analyst position). Again, depending on the role they were behavioral, some questions related to the actual role (i.e. Project Manager: What is agile?). During Freddie Day they also gave a campus tour, had the CIO, CEO, IT Officers, currently Technology Analysts, and the director of the program speak and answer questions.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Overall, great interview process. I applied through a university portal and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Then, a couple days after the phone interview I was invited to attend "Freddie Day" - a 6 hour event with office tour, panel presentations, and 2 interviews. The interviews were pretty standard, but highly depend on the type of position you are applying for within the Technology Analyst role. I specified that I was interested in Project Manager and Business Analyst, so I did not have many technical questions and the ones I had were expected. Questions were mostly behavioral. Very helpful if you have a project to talk about and if you are able to discuss any challenges you encountered and how you solved them, teamwork skills, and leadership - answer in STAR method and you're golden. Also - during the interview, it's important to show that you are passionate about what Freddie Mac does and how your skills will align with the position. Know Freddie Mac's business!! Overall, very smooth interview process. Although it was intimidating at first, I quickly learned that everyone is very laid-back and truly wants to get to know you as a person and whether or not you fit into the company.

Interview Questions

• What is an activity diagram? Business requirements vs. system requirements Time you encountered a challenging issue within a team project and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Development Senior Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn and she setup an initial phone screen. Then I was called to meet the same folks in person. Interviews were skills and experience based.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2014.

Interview

First round phone interview second round at the headquarters in their DC office. The second round of interviews consisted of an accounting case study and two 45 minute interviews. We were also given a tour of the campus and a chance to ask analysts questions

Finance/Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Applied through university career website. Got contacted for a phone interview. Recruiter was hospitable, asked mainly behavioral/fit questions. Asked why my major/minor and why the company/position. Research a little bit about the mortgage markets and focus on "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to take an unpopular stance on a situation   1 Answer