Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.8

Associate Analyst Interview

Phone interview followed by an on-site interview. Composed of 5 interviews back to back.

Interview Questions
    • What is a DCR and LTV? Not too many techincal questions.   Answer Question

Settlement Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Mostly behavioral questions; Motgage systemes you have used in the past

Interview Questions
    • How many loans have you managed within your pipeline at a given time   Answer Question
    The salary was pretty much set as I went through an agency

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Initial contact was made by the recruiter that spend a few minutes to give more details on position and salary information.
    Had one interview that that was around 30 minutes. Process was pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • Only difficult questions were about the mortgage industry that aren't taught in school or regular discussed in other documents   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate a higher salary.

Senior Analyst Interview

Hiring and Interview Process was very smooth and quick. I applied through the Washington Post website, the HR person got in touch with me within a week and the interview process was very smooth and an offer was made within three weeks of my initial Resume submission.

Externship Interview

No interview, just applied online during the winter. Heard back a couple of months later by email, asking if I was still able to attend. Everything was done through HR, and the HR staff was very friendly and helpful. They even paid for everything. I would definitely recommend all college freshmen/sophomores to apply.

Interview Questions
    • Which job function are you most interested in being placed - Corporate Finance, Audit, ERM   Answer Question

Internal Audit Analyst Interview

Flew me into DC for the interview - interviewed by several different people. They explained the rotational program very well. Left feeling confident and heard back within a week with an offer.

Project Management Senior Interview

Hiring is mostly by applying for jobs via the online portal. There is a campus recruitment for college hire that is a 2 year rotational program. The hiring for International candidates is more cumbersome due to the visa considerations.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to shift from one group to another.   Answer Question

Investment and Capital Markets - Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Very straight forward and enjoyable. On campus interview was simple and short. Received a phone call a few days/weeks later and Discussed future opportunities on the phone.

It was a pleasant experience.

Clearance/Transaction Processing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Phone interview then site visit to a final round of interview. Two different interviews at the site. First with two managers and second with the director (hire decision maker)

Interview Questions
    • Minimal technical questions. Only one was describing an interest rate swap   Answer Question

Tech Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in January 2012.

Guy was eating McDonald and was 20 minutes late. Thus, only had 10 minutes to interview. Said Freddie Mac was a small company (1 tril in assets lol)

Question asked
    What do you know Freddie Mac?
    What position do you want?

him - "If you have any questions please email them to me, I don't have a business card; but, here is a ubs flash drive "
    me - ok...

Emailed me saying he turned in my packet and to contact him if I didn't hear back with in a week...

Contacted him with in a week...didn't hear nothing back!

Most unprofessional interview I ever been through, really says a lot about your company when the interviewer brags about how good bonuses use to be and once the government gets out they will be just as good.

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!