Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.8

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in July 2015.

Interview

It was casual but strange. I was suppose to meet with 3 people on the team. Ended up talking to just the associate, who doesn't make the hiring decision so I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything else you would like to talk about that we haven't talked about?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

A lot of behavior questions and some most popular consulting company's interview questions. Be sure to prepare for a lot behavior questions before the interview. Also keep clear logic when you answer the consulting case questions.

Interview Questions

• For example, how many papers are in the current office?   Answer Question

Multifamily Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Freddie Mac (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone call from Freddie Mac hiring manager. Get right into the conversation and talk basics about yourself and your background (academics and work). No questions were hard. He/She will explain about the job after you describe yourself briefly. And ask couple questions about your work experiences checking if they are a good fit for the position. After about 20 minutes, the interviewer will let you know of the next timeline

Pricing Valuation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site. Very professional and easy-going. Seems like they genuinely were looking for a right fit for their team. On-site was with 3 of the people in the team followed by a quick tour.

Interview Questions

• Know your basics. Understand what they do and what they offer. Swaps, swaptions, options etc etc.   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Panel interview with senior managers. The format was formal and questions were technical.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviews were held for some of the positions applied. Sometimes rejection response was received, sometimes none. Interview was on 1-o-1 and went on fairly in a professional manner. Background of the position was explained to me and I was asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have supervisory experience?   1 Answer

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by two in person interviews. There a was a long delay in follow up initially because of team changes but once the processed started it was relatively average wait and follow up time.

Pricing and Valuation Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process included 4 rounds of interview and I got to meet my peer, immediate boss and the VP of the group. It was a diverse set of questions ranging from behavioral to technical questions related to fixed income and secondary mortgage market. In general, the interview experience was pleasant and I got to hear the decision timely.

Interview Questions

• What is your reason to move to Freddie Mac? What is duration and convexity? How do you measure interest rate risk?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was multiple rounds, the first being a phone interview. They asked pretty generic questions like why Freddie Mac and gave a brief overview of the program. After the initial interview, a couple weeks passed and there was a follow up interview with more behavioral types of questions. Finally, there's a third round known as "Freddie Day" where you go to the campus and meet other recruits as well as current people in the program.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got the first interview through a referral by an employee of the company. The first interview was over the phone, mainly behavioral questions (Why did you choose your major? Why do you want to work at Freddie Mac? What did you do in a group situation where people were not motivated?). After that, they invited me to an on-site "Freddie Day" in their McLean, VA office. At Freddie Day, we had two 30 minute interviews (each for different roles within the analyst position). Again, depending on the role they were behavioral, some questions related to the actual role (i.e. Project Manager: What is agile?). During Freddie Day they also gave a campus tour, had the CIO, CEO, IT Officers, currently Technology Analysts, and the director of the program speak and answer questions.