Freddie Mac

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.8

Finance Rotation Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2014.

First round phone interview second round at the headquarters in their DC office. The second round of interviews consisted of an accounting case study and two 45 minute interviews. We were also given a tour of the campus and a chance to ask analysts questions

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2012.

Questions on previous job experience. Not much looking for job-specific skills but an attitude willing to learn about Freddie's business model and operations. The recruiter was open about some of the challenges faced by the company, and explained that the company seeks candidates who understand the regulatory environment under which they operate and are willing to take the challenge.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you resolved a difficult situation, with limited resources available to you?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2014.

Applied through college recruiting. Had a phone call with their staff about basic situational and behavior questions. Tell us about a time you led. Tell us about a time when you faced a hard situation and what did you do. Use the STAR method for every question Was invited to Mclean, VA for an onsite interview at Freddie Day

Finance/Accounting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Applied through university career website. Got contacted for a phone interview. Recruiter was hospitable, asked mainly behavioral/fit questions. Asked why my major/minor and why the company/position. Research a little bit about the mortgage markets and focus on "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to take an unpopular stance on a situation   View Answer

Finance Rotation Analyst Interview

The recruiter was very personable - the conversation flowed quite nicely and we even chatted about some outside stuff. Wasn't too difficult. She essentially asked me why I chose the classes and activities that I chose, followed by four or five behavioral questions. Those weren't anything out of the ordinary. Just your typical "tell me about a time in which you..."

Interview Questions
    • What are the job descriptions of some of the other places to which you are applying?   View Answer

Product Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2013.

I got a phone call on to come in for an interview in a week. Went in for the interview the next week and got an offer three days later. The recruiters were very helpful through out the whole process. T

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral questions. Basically what did you do in a specific situation,   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

I interviewed with multiple people in the same day. I interviewed first with some now co-workers, I interviewed with the director and then senior director. After the interviews they all got together and collectively decided I was the person for the position based on my management experience.

Interview Questions
    Back and forth on current salary and percentage of increase

Internal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Applied online via Freddie Mac website. I got a reply from a recruiter 2 weeks later. She scheduled me for a phone interview - mostly behavioral questions. Invited to the headquarter, i had interviews with 3 groups within the team. Behavioral & fit questions as well. It's been a week, no reply yet. But based on past comments, that's likely a no.

Economist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

After a couple of phone interviews, on-site one day interviews with almost all the members of the department. They usually ask applicants with PhD to give a presentation and everybody in the department attends.

Financial Rotation Analyst Interview

On campus interview followed by interviews at Freddie. I had 3 interviews at Freddie which had mostly typical behavioral questions. One of the interviewers was technical and questions were tougher. Make sure you know what the actual rotations are in financial rotation programs, whether at Freddie or another company. Usually not a lot of finance the way you learn about it in college. It’s more so accounting and financial analytics (volume increased in this x type of asset because there was more demand from z type of investors). Excel, VBA, SQL and/SAS skills are extremely useful. Best way to add value as an analyst.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of option does a mortgage have?   View Answer