Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.8

Finance/Accounting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Applied through university career website. Got contacted for a phone interview. Recruiter was hospitable, asked mainly behavioral/fit questions. Asked why my major/minor and why the company/position. Research a little bit about the mortgage markets and focus on "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to take an unpopular stance on a situation   View Answer

Finance Rotation Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2014.

The recruiter was very personable - the conversation flowed quite nicely and we even chatted about some outside stuff. Wasn't too difficult. She essentially asked me why I chose the classes and activities that I chose, followed by four or five behavioral questions. Those weren't anything out of the ordinary. Just your typical "tell me about a time in which you..."

Interview Questions
    • What are the job descriptions of some of the other places to which you are applying?   View Answer

Product Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2013.

I got a phone call on to come in for an interview in a week. Went in for the interview the next week and got an offer three days later. The recruiters were very helpful through out the whole process. T

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral questions. Basically what did you do in a specific situation,   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

I interviewed with multiple people in the same day. I interviewed first with some now co-workers, I interviewed with the director and then senior director. After the interviews they all got together and collectively decided I was the person for the position based on my management experience.

Interview Questions
    Back and forth on current salary and percentage of increase

Internal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Applied online via Freddie Mac website. I got a reply from a recruiter 2 weeks later. She scheduled me for a phone interview - mostly behavioral questions. Invited to the headquarter, i had interviews with 3 groups within the team. Behavioral & fit questions as well. It's been a week, no reply yet. But based on past comments, that's likely a no.

Economist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

After a couple of phone interviews, on-site one day interviews with almost all the members of the department. They usually ask applicants with PhD to give a presentation and everybody in the department attends.

Financial Rotation Analyst Interview

On campus interview followed by interviews at Freddie. I had 3 interviews at Freddie which had mostly typical behavioral questions. One of the interviewers was technical and questions were tougher. Make sure you know what the actual rotations are in financial rotation programs, whether at Freddie or another company. Usually not a lot of finance the way you learn about it in college. It’s more so accounting and financial analytics (volume increased in this x type of asset because there was more demand from z type of investors). Excel, VBA, SQL and/SAS skills are extremely useful. Best way to add value as an analyst.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of option does a mortgage have?   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2010.

The process was reasonable and typical. The position was never defined properly, and I spent most of my time at FM trying to drum-up work. Part of the problem may have been that a project I was hired to support was cancelled almost immediately after I was hired.

Not too bad. I got more than money than I perhaps thought I would get. The position description was vague from the beginning, and after I started I realized FM didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing either. Not a particularly auspicious start (or finish).

Multi-Family Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2014.

Recruiters worked fast and efficiently to schedule my interview. The company also paid for my Amtrak ticket from San Diego to their LA office. They got back to me the next week as to whether I got the position or not. Everyone I interacted with was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't get asked any specific questions. They just described the position to me and asked if I would be okay with the job duties.   Answer Question

Project Management Senior Interview

Hiring is mostly by applying for jobs via the online portal. There is a campus recruitment for college hire that is a 2 year rotational program. The hiring for International candidates is more cumbersome due to the visa considerations.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to shift from one group to another.   Answer Question