Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.8

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2015.

I got the first interview through a referral by an employee of the company.

The first interview was over the phone, mainly behavioral questions (Why did you choose your major? Why do you want to work at Freddie Mac? What did you do in a group situation where people were not motivated?). After that, they invited me to an on-site "Freddie Day" in their McLean, VA office.

At Freddie Day, we had two 30 minute interviews (each for different roles within the analyst position). Again, depending on the role they were behavioral, some questions related to the actual role (i.e. Project Manager: What is agile?). During Freddie Day they also gave a campus tour, had the CIO, CEO, IT Officers, currently Technology Analysts, and the director of the program speak and answer questions.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2015.

Overall, great interview process. I applied through a university portal and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Then, a couple days after the phone interview I was invited to attend "Freddie Day" - a 6 hour event with office tour, panel presentations, and 2 interviews. The interviews were pretty standard, but highly depend on the type of position you are applying for within the Technology Analyst role. I specified that I was interested in Project Manager and Business Analyst, so I did not have many technical questions and the ones I had were expected. Questions were mostly behavioral. Very helpful if you have a project to talk about and if you are able to discuss any challenges you encountered and how you solved them, teamwork skills, and leadership - answer in STAR method and you're golden. Also - during the interview, it's important to show that you are passionate about what Freddie Mac does and how your skills will align with the position. Know Freddie Mac's business!! Overall, very smooth interview process. Although it was intimidating at first, I quickly learned that everyone is very laid-back and truly wants to get to know you as a person and whether or not you fit into the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is an activity diagram?
      Business requirements vs. system requirements
      Time you encountered a challenging issue within a team project and how you resolved it

Answer Question

Marketing Program Management Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in May 2013.

Horrible interviewing process! I was there for over three hours and met with five different individuals separately. Two were late to their assigned time and everyone asked the same general shoot-from-the-hip questions. I felt like they could have made the whole process easier by having one or two group interviews. I left feeling like each of them thought they had such important schedules they couldn't work together.

Development Senior Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn and she setup an initial phone screen. Then I was called to meet the same folks in person. Interviews were skills and experience based.

Finance Rotation Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2014.

First round phone interview second round at the headquarters in their DC office. The second round of interviews consisted of an accounting case study and two 45 minute interviews. We were also given a tour of the campus and a chance to ask analysts questions

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2012.

Questions on previous job experience. Not much looking for job-specific skills but an attitude willing to learn about Freddie's business model and operations. The recruiter was open about some of the challenges faced by the company, and explained that the company seeks candidates who understand the regulatory environment under which they operate and are willing to take the challenge.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you resolved a difficult situation, with limited resources available to you?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2014.

Applied through college recruiting. Had a phone call with their staff about basic situational and behavior questions. Tell us about a time you led. Tell us about a time when you faced a hard situation and what did you do. Use the STAR method for every question Was invited to Mclean, VA for an onsite interview at Freddie Day

Finance/Accounting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Applied through university career website. Got contacted for a phone interview. Recruiter was hospitable, asked mainly behavioral/fit questions. Asked why my major/minor and why the company/position. Research a little bit about the mortgage markets and focus on "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to take an unpopular stance on a situation   View Answer

Finance Rotation Analyst Interview

The recruiter was very personable - the conversation flowed quite nicely and we even chatted about some outside stuff. Wasn't too difficult. She essentially asked me why I chose the classes and activities that I chose, followed by four or five behavioral questions. Those weren't anything out of the ordinary. Just your typical "tell me about a time in which you..."

Interview Questions
    • What are the job descriptions of some of the other places to which you are applying?   View Answer

Product Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2013.

I got a phone call on to come in for an interview in a week. Went in for the interview the next week and got an offer three days later. The recruiters were very helpful through out the whole process. T

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral questions. Basically what did you do in a specific situation,   Answer Question