Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.8

Financial Rotation Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus interview followed by interviews at Freddie. I had 3 interviews at Freddie which had mostly typical behavioral questions. One of the interviewers was technical and questions were tougher. Make sure you know what the actual rotations are in financial rotation programs, whether at Freddie or another company. Usually not a lot of finance the way you learn about it in college. It’s more so accounting and financial analytics (volume increased in this x type of asset because there was more demand from z type of investors). Excel, VBA, SQL and/SAS skills are extremely useful. Best way to add value as an analyst.

Interview Questions

• What kind of option does a mortgage have?   1 Answer

Project Management Senior Interview

Interview

Hiring is mostly by applying for jobs via the online portal. There is a campus recruitment for college hire that is a 2 year rotational program. The hiring for International candidates is more cumbersome due to the visa considerations.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to shift from one group to another.   Answer Question

Multi-Family Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiters worked fast and efficiently to schedule my interview. The company also paid for my Amtrak ticket from San Diego to their LA office. They got back to me the next week as to whether I got the position or not. Everyone I interacted with was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get asked any specific questions. They just described the position to me and asked if I would be okay with the job duties.   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

The interview process was quick. The HR person coordinated scheduling for an in person interview with the hiring manager and a team member. The interviews were conducted professionally with questions focused on the technical requirements of the job. Overall, the hiring and interview process was quick and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• The difficult questions were regarding the technical requirements of the job.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial contact was made by the recruiter that spend a few minutes to give more details on position and salary information.
    Had one interview that that was around 30 minutes. Process was pretty easy

Interview Questions

• Only difficult questions were about the mortgage industry that aren't taught in school or regular discussed in other documents   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate a higher salary.

IT Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a couple of days later (beginning of the week). He wanted my availability for a phone interview that week. I immediately provided my availability. Friday came and went, but I hadn't heard back.

I emailed the recruiter to see if they were still interested in speaking to me. He said yes and to provide availability for the following week. Got the interview set up.

Spoke to 2 individuals that are peers to this position. Basic interview about my background and my experience. They did ask if I had experience in a particular area, that was not mentioned anywhere in my resume.

Contacted the recruiter after the interview (as requested by him) and left a VM. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything, so I guess I'm out of the running. Would have expected a "thanks but no thanks" email.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied for the position on college recruiting site in Jan 2013 and was contacted a couple weeks later I was contacted to setup a phone interview. I did the phone interview and was contacted the same day and was asked to attend "Freddie Day" in McLean, VA. Freddie Day is two-day event that takes place. If you are more than 50 miles away they provide transportation and hotel accommodations. The first night there we did a lot of networking with current employees who are in Tech. Analyst Program and directors from different departments in Freddie Mac. The next day was guided tour of buildings and then interviews. There were two 45 minute interviews. Some candidates had 1 person conducting interview the others had 2 people asking questions. Majority of questions were behavioral, but there were some technical questions. I was contacted 2 days after the interviews and was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What about Freddie Mac makes you want to work here? ; What characteristics do you think are important when describing a leader?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were done I was content with the offer.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Overall easy process. Applied through a University Portal. Had a phone interview, then was invited to Freddie day. Had two One on one interviews. Additionally had a follow up interview a few days later where they asked me more behavioral questions. Offered the job a day later. Typical behavioral interviews. Know a little bit about how Freddie Mac operates as well. Focus on what makes you great and talk about innovation. You will be fine.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through University recruiting and had a phone interview a few days later. I was invited to "Freddie Day" the following day, all expenses paid. Freddie Mac put candidates in a hotel and had us come down for an introduction/networking in the evening. The following day, there was a presentation, 2 panels consisting of current Technology Analysts and leaders of the company. There was a facility tour followed by 2 interviews. Overall, the process was fairly easy. During the interview just be yourself and talk about leadership. Was given an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral with a few technical questions to judge familiarly, nothing too in depth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Starting salary around market with a bit more considering the high cost of living in Northern Virginia.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral and afterwards the interviewer asked about field preferences. The second round was conducted at the Freddie office and was broken up into two 30 minute interviews. One technical and one behavioral. The questions were fairly easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Name the most difficult coding project you have worked on and list some lines of code from the assignment.   Answer Question