Freddie Mac

Average Difficulty
122 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2014.

Interview Details – Overall easy process. Applied through a University Portal. Had a phone interview, then was invited to Freddie day. Had two One on one interviews. Additionally had a follow up interview a few days later where they asked me more behavioral questions. Offered the job a day later. Typical behavioral interviews. Know a little bit about how Freddie Mac operates as well. Focus on what makes you great and talk about innovation. You will be fine.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to lead a team.   Answer Question

Operational Risk Senior Interview

Operational Risk Senior
McLean, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in July 2010.

Interview Details – Easy questions including why you want to work a Freddie Mac

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on college recruiting site in Jan 2013 and was contacted a couple weeks later I was contacted to setup a phone interview. I did the phone interview and was contacted the same day and was asked to attend "Freddie Day" in McLean, VA. Freddie Day is two-day event that takes place. If you are more than 50 miles away they provide transportation and hotel accommodations. The first night there we did a lot of networking with current employees who are in Tech. Analyst Program and directors from different departments in Freddie Mac. The next day was guided tour of buildings and then interviews. There were two 45 minute interviews. Some candidates had 1 person conducting interview the others had 2 people asking questions. Majority of questions were behavioral, but there were some technical questions. I was contacted 2 days after the interviews and was given an offer.

Interview Question – What about Freddie Mac makes you want to work here? ; What characteristics do you think are important when describing a leader?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were done I was content with the offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and was contacted by a Freddie Mac recruiter. I first had a phone interview with group managers and senior analyst, then I had an onsite group interview with both group managers and all senior analyst. The time between my phone interview and onsite interview was almost 2 months. I was offered the position the same day.

Interview Question – The interview was straight forward, it was not very difficult. They asked the standard interview questions. Tell me about yourself, tell me your experience writing requirements, give me an example of a system requirement and a business requirement, how do you work in a group environment, can you work independently as well, how do you handle a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very negotiable

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2013.

Interview Details – Freddie Day. First round interview was a phone interview. Second round was at Freddie Day.

Interview Question – stock questions found here on glassdoor   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2013.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview which lasted half an hour, they asked some low ball information systems questions. A few weeks later they invited me to Freddie Day, it was 8:30am to 2pm. They had a panel with a few people in the analyst program, a speaker, tour of the campus and then two 45 minute interviews. They asked each candidate the same questions regardless of whether you were interested in software development or business development. Also all of the interviews took place in a large room with all of the other candidates simultaneously, it was a bit uncomfortable and loud. The questions were a mix of behavioral/situational questions and extremely technical.

Interview Question – Name two operating systems you are familiar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Associate Analyst Interview

Associate Analyst

Interviewed at Freddie Mac

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by an on-site interview. Composed of 5 interviews back to back.

Interview Question – What is a DCR and LTV? Not too many techincal questions.   Answer Question

Change Management Interview

Change Management
Reston, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – First Interview: Phone screening with the Release Manager
Second Interview: Physical interview with the Release Manager and a Configuration Manager

The Release Manager, who was technical, was extremely rude and clearly lacked the people skills necessary for Change Management. He seemed almost annoyed that he had to conduct the interview and demanded that you answer questions in a discrete Q&A manner, as oppose to a normal conversation, which provides context to your responses.

The way he conducted the interview was as if he was auditing/interrogating you like you made an unauthorized change. The RM was completely unprofessional and clearly shows the culture/operating environment at Freddie.

Interview Question – The RM will ask you in detail on how your generate drift/unauthorized change reports. Some change managers create these reports, others are consumers of it. It seems that the RM wants you to be able to create these reports from auto-discovery.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in January 2012.

Interview Details – There was no words i could decribe how horible this interview was...they kept me wating for almost 20 minutes past late the time the told me to show up...even then they didn't offer me glass of water ( it had been a hot day outside up words of 90 degrees plus!)and they once i got to the face- to -face they didnt even ask question,, pretty much rejected me right on the spot! Stay far away from the company if y want to be apprecated..i work at Rite aid now and beleive it or not the treatment so much better then some these other "office type suit rut low down desk joker job"

Interview Question – They ask me ' why should Freddie mac hire you" like they didnt have a clue why im showing up!! its not ROCKET SCIENCE   Answer Question

Settlement Specialist Interview

Settlement Specialist
McLean, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in May 2013.

Interview Details – Agency contacted me, interviewed with them, then a phone interview with 2 freddie mac managers followed by one in person interview.

Interview Question – Do you have a pulse?   Answer Question