Freddie Mac

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.8

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Initial contact was made by the recruiter that spend a few minutes to give more details on position and salary information.
    Had one interview that that was around 30 minutes. Process was pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • Only difficult questions were about the mortgage industry that aren't taught in school or regular discussed in other documents   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate a higher salary.

IT Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2014.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a couple of days later (beginning of the week). He wanted my availability for a phone interview that week. I immediately provided my availability. Friday came and went, but I hadn't heard back.

I emailed the recruiter to see if they were still interested in speaking to me. He said yes and to provide availability for the following week. Got the interview set up.

Spoke to 2 individuals that are peers to this position. Basic interview about my background and my experience. They did ask if I had experience in a particular area, that was not mentioned anywhere in my resume.

Contacted the recruiter after the interview (as requested by him) and left a VM. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything, so I guess I'm out of the running. Would have expected a "thanks but no thanks" email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

I applied for the position on college recruiting site in Jan 2013 and was contacted a couple weeks later I was contacted to setup a phone interview. I did the phone interview and was contacted the same day and was asked to attend "Freddie Day" in McLean, VA. Freddie Day is two-day event that takes place. If you are more than 50 miles away they provide transportation and hotel accommodations. The first night there we did a lot of networking with current employees who are in Tech. Analyst Program and directors from different departments in Freddie Mac. The next day was guided tour of buildings and then interviews. There were two 45 minute interviews. Some candidates had 1 person conducting interview the others had 2 people asking questions. Majority of questions were behavioral, but there were some technical questions. I was contacted 2 days after the interviews and was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What about Freddie Mac makes you want to work here? ; What characteristics do you think are important when describing a leader?   Answer Question
    No negotiations were done I was content with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2014.

Overall easy process. Applied through a University Portal. Had a phone interview, then was invited to Freddie day. Had two One on one interviews. Additionally had a follow up interview a few days later where they asked me more behavioral questions. Offered the job a day later. Typical behavioral interviews. Know a little bit about how Freddie Mac operates as well. Focus on what makes you great and talk about innovation. You will be fine.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2014.

Applied through University recruiting and had a phone interview a few days later. I was invited to "Freddie Day" the following day, all expenses paid. Freddie Mac put candidates in a hotel and had us come down for an introduction/networking in the evening. The following day, there was a presentation, 2 panels consisting of current Technology Analysts and leaders of the company. There was a facility tour followed by 2 interviews. Overall, the process was fairly easy. During the interview just be yourself and talk about leadership. Was given an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral with a few technical questions to judge familiarly, nothing too in depth.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. Starting salary around market with a bit more considering the high cost of living in Northern Virginia.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The first round was a phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral and afterwards the interviewer asked about field preferences. The second round was conducted at the Freddie office and was broken up into two 30 minute interviews. One technical and one behavioral. The questions were fairly easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Name the most difficult coding project you have worked on and list some lines of code from the assignment.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Phone interview followed by an on-site interview. Composed of 5 interviews back to back.

Interview Questions
    • What is a DCR and LTV? Not too many techincal questions.   Answer Question

Change Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

First Interview: Phone screening with the Release Manager
    Second Interview: Physical interview with the Release Manager and a Configuration Manager

The Release Manager, who was technical, was extremely rude and clearly lacked the people skills necessary for Change Management. He seemed almost annoyed that he had to conduct the interview and demanded that you answer questions in a discrete Q&A manner, as oppose to a normal conversation, which provides context to your responses.

The way he conducted the interview was as if he was auditing/interrogating you like you made an unauthorized change. The RM was completely unprofessional and clearly shows the culture/operating environment at Freddie.

Interview Questions
    • The RM will ask you in detail on how your generate drift/unauthorized change reports. Some change managers create these reports, others are consumers of it. It seems that the RM wants you to be able to create these reports from auto-discovery.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2013.

First had a phone interview which lasted half an hour, they asked some low ball information systems questions. A few weeks later they invited me to Freddie Day, it was 8:30am to 2pm. They had a panel with a few people in the analyst program, a speaker, tour of the campus and then two 45 minute interviews. They asked each candidate the same questions regardless of whether you were interested in software development or business development. Also all of the interviews took place in a large room with all of the other candidates simultaneously, it was a bit uncomfortable and loud. The questions were a mix of behavioral/situational questions and extremely technical.

Didn't negotiate

Administrative Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Slow process. From first delayed response from application, to telephone interview, to hire, several weeks to months..Intimidating panel interview, and not only one, but at least two interviews. Would be nice to be notified that they went with someone else or another way.

Interview Questions
    • Asking psychological questions, which is off-putting and nerve wracking, not knowing what they are really looking for.   View Answer