Freddie Mac Interview Questions

2.8

Change Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

First Interview: Phone screening with the Release Manager
    Second Interview: Physical interview with the Release Manager and a Configuration Manager

The Release Manager, who was technical, was extremely rude and clearly lacked the people skills necessary for Change Management. He seemed almost annoyed that he had to conduct the interview and demanded that you answer questions in a discrete Q&A manner, as oppose to a normal conversation, which provides context to your responses.

The way he conducted the interview was as if he was auditing/interrogating you like you made an unauthorized change. The RM was completely unprofessional and clearly shows the culture/operating environment at Freddie.

Interview Questions
    • The RM will ask you in detail on how your generate drift/unauthorized change reports. Some change managers create these reports, others are consumers of it. It seems that the RM wants you to be able to create these reports from auto-discovery.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2013.

First had a phone interview which lasted half an hour, they asked some low ball information systems questions. A few weeks later they invited me to Freddie Day, it was 8:30am to 2pm. They had a panel with a few people in the analyst program, a speaker, tour of the campus and then two 45 minute interviews. They asked each candidate the same questions regardless of whether you were interested in software development or business development. Also all of the interviews took place in a large room with all of the other candidates simultaneously, it was a bit uncomfortable and loud. The questions were a mix of behavioral/situational questions and extremely technical.

Didn't negotiate

Administrative Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Slow process. From first delayed response from application, to telephone interview, to hire, several weeks to months..Intimidating panel interview, and not only one, but at least two interviews. Would be nice to be notified that they went with someone else or another way.

Interview Questions
    • Asking psychological questions, which is off-putting and nerve wracking, not knowing what they are really looking for.   View Answer

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interviewed process took 4 months was worth the wait

Interview Questions
    • Repetitive interview question with several managers more interested in personality than skills.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was quick and agreeable

Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

I was already a consultant when I applied for a full-time employee position. Had to go through the same process as any external hire, applying online, getting contacted by recruiter, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were tailored to the role since I already had experience working with the company and they knew my qualifications.   Answer Question
    Recruiter was very helpful in letting me know how far I could negotiate. Freddie Mac is generous in terms of pay and benefits, so make sure you ask for what you believe you deserve.

IT Analyst Rotation Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2013.

Got interview through Campus Job Fair. Was contacted about a week after the job fair for a first round phone interview, then about a week and a half after that, got offer for second round interview at Freddie Mac office . Seems like a friendly work environment and good rotation program

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you realized there needed to be a change, and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    Still in interview process

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2013.

The first interview was all behavioral. It may be a good idea to Prepare a list of experiences you can pull from.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time you where faced with a problem and how you handled it"   Answer Question

Internal Audit Analyst Interview

Flew me into DC for the interview - interviewed by several different people. They explained the rotational program very well. Left feeling confident and heard back within a week with an offer.

Finance Rotation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Love to ask questions about Freddie Mac's business. To be successful you need to be current on the financial markets, know the what Freddie Mac is all about and be somewhat enjoyable to talk too. Like any standard interview, expect to be asked questions about yourself.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Product Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2013.

I got a phone call on to come in for an interview in a week. Went in for the interview the next week and got an offer three days later. The recruiters were very helpful through out the whole process. T

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral questions. Basically what did you do in a specific situation,   Answer Question