Freddie Mac

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.8

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Oppose to the traditional "we would like to meet with you", the recruiter will call and ask you a few questions over the phone. After the phone interview, they would send you a few questions to answer and return to them. Those answers will determine your next step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions were behavioral which I was not prepared for. I guess the little experience that I had totally out weigh the fact that I just graduated from school, therefore I didn't encountered a lot of the situations to apply how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

Clearance/Transaction Processing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Phone interview then site visit to a final round of interview. Two different interviews at the site. First with two managers and second with the director (hire decision maker)

Interview Questions
    • Minimal technical questions. Only one was describing an interest rate swap   Answer Question

REO Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Recieved email and phone call from a recruiter who asked just a few questions about my background and resume. I was then invited to a face to face interview with the management team(took place about 2 weeks later). The interview lasted about an hour. I was impressed that we started on time. In the past I've interviewed with other companies and had to wait in the lobby 30 mins to an hour AFTER my scheduled time.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember a particular unexpected question. I do remember being asked the same question differently by two of the managers. Overall there were questions such as "Give an example of how you handled change" or "Have you ever had to lead a project, if so take us through the process".   Answer Question

Settlement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in May 2013.

Agency contacted me, interviewed with them, then a phone interview with 2 freddie mac managers followed by one in person interview.

N/A

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Very tough, detailed and exhausting. I interviewed with four different people in one marathon interview.

2 rounds back and fourth

Human Resources/Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2013.

The recruiters were top notch. They maintained communication throughout the process. They were calling, emailing, and double checking repeatedly. The information provided about the process, directions to the facility, and ancillary materials were exceptional.

The interview was a behavioral-based one -- which is fairly standard. And, there was a job sampling requirement.

During the one-on-one with the hiring manager, there was a definitive explanation about not expecting to grow immediately. And, there was disclosure as to why others had left because of a perception that there was no upward mobility.

Typically, a company will sugarcoat this topic by saying you can progress in the company by pursuing any available job postings. But, it seemed the manager was truly trying to assert the territory, so you would have to look elsewhere if you wanted to grow.

Interview Questions
    • Really, none of the questions were particularly hard. They were very standard behaviorally-based questions. Tell me about how you would do this... etc.   Answer Question

The offer was very attractive in terms of base compensation. But, the company is in conservatorship, so you do have to realize that changes will be coming to the overall composition of the company. And, time will only tell how the changes are implmented (e.g. staff reductions, relocation, consolidation).

However, the major hurdle for me was the impression given by the hiring manager on personal growth and career development. It created a nagging feeling that just could not be overcome.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2013.

Freddie Day. First round interview was a phone interview. Second round was at Freddie Day.

Investment and Capital Markets - Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Very straight forward and enjoyable. On campus interview was simple and short. Received a phone call a few days/weeks later and Discussed future opportunities on the phone.

It was a pleasant experience.

Financial Analyst Interview

Had a 45 minute phone interview. Got accepted to next round which was called "freddie day". There were about 20 candidates there. We split into 2 groups. One group interviewed first while the other took a tour of the campus and then they switched off. I interviewed with two people for 45 minutes each. They asked behavioral questions and then digressed into questions about where specifically I want to work within finance. I wasn't really sure what to answer.

Interview Questions
    • An interviewer asked me about the presidential campaign and how each candidate would affect the mortgage market. This question threw me off guard.   View Answer

Analyst - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Met them at a career fair at my university, and got a phone call two months after to set up a phone interview. They responded very quickly after the phone interview, with an offer

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard; some basics of Linux and OO, also what is a router, and a bunch of behavioral questions   Answer Question
    It was an intern position, so I could not negotiate anything