Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2013.

Interview

The first interview was all behavioral. It may be a good idea to Prepare a list of experiences you can pull from.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you where faced with a problem and how you handled it"   Answer Question

Finance Rotation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Love to ask questions about Freddie Mac's business. To be successful you need to be current on the financial markets, know the what Freddie Mac is all about and be somewhat enjoyable to talk too. Like any standard interview, expect to be asked questions about yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Internal Audit Analyst Interview

Interview

Flew me into DC for the interview - interviewed by several different people. They explained the rotational program very well. Left feeling confident and heard back within a week with an offer.

Product Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

I got a phone call on to come in for an interview in a week. Went in for the interview the next week and got an offer three days later. The recruiters were very helpful through out the whole process. T

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral questions. Basically what did you do in a specific situation,   Answer Question

Product Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Freddie Mac (Tysons Corner, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Behavioral Interview. Interview with 6 different employees for 30 minutes each. Wasn't very difficult but they based a lot of the decision making on your experiences that relates to the position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Got a call from HR. Typical HR screening and filling-out form and was told a manager from the team will call. Routine questions and was then brought-in onsite. Meet with rest of the team and couple of interviews with director and vp.

Interview Questions

• Questions about subject matter and few technical questions that I had difficulty addressing, but not too bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was not way out of the ball-park, but below what I had expected. So, I did suggest my concerns and got a call back from HR in a day - they accepted my request.

Settlement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions; Motgage systemes you have used in the past

Interview Questions

• How many loans have you managed within your pipeline at a given time   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was pretty much set as I went through an agency

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Oppose to the traditional "we would like to meet with you", the recruiter will call and ask you a few questions over the phone. After the phone interview, they would send you a few questions to answer and return to them. Those answers will determine your next step in the process.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were behavioral which I was not prepared for. I guess the little experience that I had totally out weigh the fact that I just graduated from school, therefore I didn't encountered a lot of the situations to apply how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Phone interview then site visit to a final round of interview. Two different interviews at the site. First with two managers and second with the director (hire decision maker)

Interview Questions

• Minimal technical questions. Only one was describing an interest rate swap   Answer Question

REO Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Recieved email and phone call from a recruiter who asked just a few questions about my background and resume. I was then invited to a face to face interview with the management team(took place about 2 weeks later). The interview lasted about an hour. I was impressed that we started on time. In the past I've interviewed with other companies and had to wait in the lobby 30 mins to an hour AFTER my scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember a particular unexpected question. I do remember being asked the same question differently by two of the managers. Overall there were questions such as "Give an example of how you handled change" or "Have you ever had to lead a project, if so take us through the process".   Answer Question