Freddie Mac

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

After applying through my school's career website I got an on campus interview. This was pretty simple just looking for fit (why Freddie? what do you know about Freddie Mac? etc. ). I was then asked to come to Freddie Day that next week. Campus tour, talking with analysts, 2 interviews, etc. Interviews were mainly about fit as well just behavioral questions and making sure you did your homework. HR got back to us within a week so overall it was a quick process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think Freddie Mac will look like coming out of conservatorship?   Answer Question
    Little to no negotiation. Salary was fair and benefits were better than most companies.

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

was pretty basic. phone interview with basic behavioral questions.and then a week later I was notified that I was invited to the final interviews and participated Freddie Day.

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2012.

The whole process took 48 hrs. The telephonic interview lasted 20-25 mins with some basic questions in sql and unix.The F2F was scheduled the day after where questions related tomy previous projects were asked and some generalquestions from SQL. This lasted about 25- 30 mins. Then had a written test for 1 hr. Really tough one. Standard questions from UNIX and SQL. Totally 25 questions(14 in sql+ 11 in Unix).

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2012.

I applied on-line and was contacted by a Freddie Mac recruiter. I first had a phone interview with group managers and senior analyst, then I had an onsite group interview with both group managers and all senior analyst. The time between my phone interview and onsite interview was almost 2 months. I was offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was straight forward, it was not very difficult. They asked the standard interview questions. Tell me about yourself, tell me your experience writing requirements, give me an example of a system requirement and a business requirement, how do you work in a group environment, can you work independently as well, how do you handle a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    Not very negotiable

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2012.

Questions on previous job experience. Not much looking for job-specific skills but an attitude willing to learn about Freddie's business model and operations. The recruiter was open about some of the challenges faced by the company, and explained that the company seeks candidates who understand the regulatory environment under which they operate and are willing to take the challenge.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you resolved a difficult situation, with limited resources available to you?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2012.

Long interview process, but detailed and worth the effort.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions I found difficult or unexpected   Answer Question
    Base your expected salary on your experience and they will negotiate with you.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2012.

They e-mailed me asking for a time to set up the phone screening. The phone interview was super easy and short. They asked the basic questions like "Why do you want to leave?"

After that, they brought me in for an interview with what was supposed to be with three people but turned out one of them couldn't make it.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2012.

a lot of questions that see how well you can speak on the phone

Tech Change Management Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2012.

Process was fairly simple, I was contacted by FM recruiter spoke with him about my background in Change Management. I was emailed that hiring would like to interview as well within 2 days days after speaking with Recruiter. Phone interview with hiring manager lasted maybe 15 - 20 minutes, asked questions like.. What is Change Management? Please describe ITIL framework. Hiring manager was Release Manager and has a different perspective on what the Change Manager, Mngr should do. I asked if role role was Technical and was advised No. No mention at that time looking for someone that is currently manager. I have been a Lead within CM, but not Manager. My management was not within change management. Since interview was so short, I knew I would not be invited for inperson interview.

To my surprise, I was contacted about 3 weeks later that FM wanted to interview me in person. Flight was set up fairly quickly by HR for the next week. Email was sent to ask me if times worked for me. They didn't really but I didn't complain. Flight arriving at 11:30PM at night when interview is at 9:30 AM next morning. OK fine. Departing 6:30 PM when interview was over at 11:30. OK fine.

Arrived in VA around midnight, took Taxi to hotel which is about 20 - 30 ride from airport. Dulles and Ronald Reagan are of close proximity.

Interview Day. There is shuttle from Hilton hotel that will take you to Freddie Mac, which is 5 min away. You could walk, if you know where you are going but would take you a little bit. Not recommended.

Scheduled for 3 interviews. Hiring Manager, Peer, and Director. Fairly simple questions.
    1. What would you do if a change was not approved and implemented anyway?
    2. How would you build relationships within the organization?
    3. Do you have any Remedy experience? They could have asked me that on phone interview and not wasted money to fly me out since that is somethign specific that you are looking for. Key note, not technical but Remedy experience is preferred, but not stated on jd.
    4. Why do you want to relocate?

I was not impressed by how process was handled as they could have asked better questions from phone interview in order to select candidate for role. Role has been open for quite sometime, Oct I believe it was stated. They are looking for a needle in haystack so, please be aware. If you have Change request experience.

Have not heard anything thus far, but was contacted by a 3rd party vendor for the role just this week.. Funny huh

Interview Questions
    • How would you build relationships within the organization?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2012.

1st phone interview was about half hour, talked to manager of department and was asked about past experieneces within finance and accounting, as well as IT work and past education. Invited to Freddie Day, somewhat disorganized, people come in from all around the US for it. three one-on-one interviews and a bunch of presentations and tours. Not very exciting place.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about your experience with auditing and how would you go about finding help if you were unsure of an answer on the job.   Answer Question