Freddie Mac

114 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst - Intern Interview

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – Met them at a career fair at my university, and got a phone call two months after to set up a phone interview. They responded very quickly after the phone interview, with an offer

Interview Question – Nothing hard; some basics of Linux and OO, also what is a router, and a bunch of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an intern position, so I could not negotiate anything

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – After applying through my school's career website I got an on campus interview. This was pretty simple just looking for fit (why Freddie? what do you know about Freddie Mac? etc. ). I was then asked to come to Freddie Day that next week. Campus tour, talking with analysts, 2 interviews, etc. Interviews were mainly about fit as well just behavioral questions and making sure you did your homework. HR got back to us within a week so overall it was a quick process.

Interview Question – What do you think Freddie Mac will look like coming out of conservatorship?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation. Salary was fair and benefits were better than most companies.

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – was pretty basic. phone interview with basic behavioral questions.and then a week later I was notified that I was invited to the final interviews and participated Freddie Day.

Interview Question – what is Freddie's business model   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was given an offer as an intern, and for the internship process, I only interviewed for 30 minutes.

Interview Question – How will the future of GAAP accounting look?   Answer Question

Product Management Senior Interview

McLean, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews and 1 all day interview.

Interview Question – There were a lot of situational interview questions   Answer Question

Market Research Interview

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2012.

Interview Details – They e-mailed me asking for a time to set up the phone screening. The phone interview was super easy and short. They asked the basic questions like "Why do you want to leave?"

After that, they brought me in for an interview with what was supposed to be with three people but turned out one of them couldn't make it.

Interview Question – Questions were easy- asked about experience   Answer Question

Director Interview

McLean, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2011.

Interview Details – Three level of interviews: Peers, Supervisor and Manager

Interview Question – Given the uncerntainty of GSE, what your plan to join us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is reasonable process and the recruiter is really professional and helpful

McLean, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1st phone interview was about half hour, talked to manager of department and was asked about past experieneces within finance and accounting, as well as IT work and past education. Invited to Freddie Day, somewhat disorganized, people come in from all around the US for it. three one-on-one interviews and a bunch of presentations and tours. Not very exciting place.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about your experience with auditing and how would you go about finding help if you were unsure of an answer on the job.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2012.

Interview Details – a lot of questions that see how well you can speak on the phone

Interview Questions

Tech Change Management Manager Interview

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2012.

Interview Details – Process was fairly simple, I was contacted by FM recruiter spoke with him about my background in Change Management. I was emailed that hiring would like to interview as well within 2 days days after speaking with Recruiter. Phone interview with hiring manager lasted maybe 15 - 20 minutes, asked questions like.. What is Change Management? Please describe ITIL framework. Hiring manager was Release Manager and has a different perspective on what the Change Manager, Mngr should do. I asked if role role was Technical and was advised No. No mention at that time looking for someone that is currently manager. I have been a Lead within CM, but not Manager. My management was not within change management. Since interview was so short, I knew I would not be invited for inperson interview.

To my surprise, I was contacted about 3 weeks later that FM wanted to interview me in person. Flight was set up fairly quickly by HR for the next week. Email was sent to ask me if times worked for me. They didn't really but I didn't complain. Flight arriving at 11:30PM at night when interview is at 9:30 AM next morning. OK fine. Departing 6:30 PM when interview was over at 11:30. OK fine.

Arrived in VA around midnight, took Taxi to hotel which is about 20 - 30 ride from airport. Dulles and Ronald Reagan are of close proximity.

Interview Day. There is shuttle from Hilton hotel that will take you to Freddie Mac, which is 5 min away. You could walk, if you know where you are going but would take you a little bit. Not recommended.

Scheduled for 3 interviews. Hiring Manager, Peer, and Director. Fairly simple questions.
1. What would you do if a change was not approved and implemented anyway?
2. How would you build relationships within the organization?
3. Do you have any Remedy experience? They could have asked me that on phone interview and not wasted money to fly me out since that is somethign specific that you are looking for. Key note, not technical but Remedy experience is preferred, but not stated on jd.
4. Why do you want to relocate?

I was not impressed by how process was handled as they could have asked better questions from phone interview in order to select candidate for role. Role has been open for quite sometime, Oct I believe it was stated. They are looking for a needle in haystack so, please be aware. If you have Change request experience.

Have not heard anything thus far, but was contacted by a 3rd party vendor for the role just this week.. Funny huh

Interview Question – How would you build relationships within the organization?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Freddie Mac