Freddie Mac Interview Questions in McLean, VA

Updated May 29, 2015

2.8

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviews were held for some of the positions applied. Sometimes rejection response was received, sometimes none. Interview was on 1-o-1 and went on fairly in a professional manner. Background of the position was explained to me and I was asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have supervisory experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got the first interview through a referral by an employee of the company.

The first interview was over the phone, mainly behavioral questions (Why did you choose your major? Why do you want to work at Freddie Mac? What did you do in a group situation where people were not motivated?). After that, they invited me to an on-site "Freddie Day" in their McLean, VA office.

At Freddie Day, we had two 30 minute interviews (each for different roles within the analyst position). Again, depending on the role they were behavioral, some questions related to the actual role (i.e. Project Manager: What is agile?). During Freddie Day they also gave a campus tour, had the CIO, CEO, IT Officers, currently Technology Analysts, and the director of the program speak and answer questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Overall, great interview process. I applied through a university portal and was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Then, a couple days after the phone interview I was invited to attend "Freddie Day" - a 6 hour event with office tour, panel presentations, and 2 interviews. The interviews were pretty standard, but highly depend on the type of position you are applying for within the Technology Analyst role. I specified that I was interested in Project Manager and Business Analyst, so I did not have many technical questions and the ones I had were expected. Questions were mostly behavioral. Very helpful if you have a project to talk about and if you are able to discuss any challenges you encountered and how you solved them, teamwork skills, and leadership - answer in STAR method and you're golden. Also - during the interview, it's important to show that you are passionate about what Freddie Mac does and how your skills will align with the position. Know Freddie Mac's business!! Overall, very smooth interview process. Although it was intimidating at first, I quickly learned that everyone is very laid-back and truly wants to get to know you as a person and whether or not you fit into the company.

Interview Questions

• What is an activity diagram?
      Business requirements vs. system requirements
      Time you encountered a challenging issue within a team project and how you resolved it

Answer Question

Internal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied online via Freddie Mac website. I got a reply from a recruiter 2 weeks later. She scheduled me for a phone interview - mostly behavioral questions. Invited to the headquarter, i had interviews with 3 groups within the team. Behavioral & fit questions as well. It's been a week, no reply yet. But based on past comments, that's likely a no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied for the position on college recruiting site in Jan 2013 and was contacted a couple weeks later I was contacted to setup a phone interview. I did the phone interview and was contacted the same day and was asked to attend "Freddie Day" in McLean, VA. Freddie Day is two-day event that takes place. If you are more than 50 miles away they provide transportation and hotel accommodations. The first night there we did a lot of networking with current employees who are in Tech. Analyst Program and directors from different departments in Freddie Mac. The next day was guided tour of buildings and then interviews. There were two 45 minute interviews. Some candidates had 1 person conducting interview the others had 2 people asking questions. Majority of questions were behavioral, but there were some technical questions. I was contacted 2 days after the interviews and was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What about Freddie Mac makes you want to work here? ; What characteristics do you think are important when describing a leader?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were done I was content with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Overall easy process. Applied through a University Portal. Had a phone interview, then was invited to Freddie day. Had two One on one interviews. Additionally had a follow up interview a few days later where they asked me more behavioral questions. Offered the job a day later. Typical behavioral interviews. Know a little bit about how Freddie Mac operates as well. Focus on what makes you great and talk about innovation. You will be fine.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through University recruiting and had a phone interview a few days later. I was invited to "Freddie Day" the following day, all expenses paid. Freddie Mac put candidates in a hotel and had us come down for an introduction/networking in the evening. The following day, there was a presentation, 2 panels consisting of current Technology Analysts and leaders of the company. There was a facility tour followed by 2 interviews. Overall, the process was fairly easy. During the interview just be yourself and talk about leadership. Was given an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral with a few technical questions to judge familiarly, nothing too in depth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Starting salary around market with a bit more considering the high cost of living in Northern Virginia.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral and afterwards the interviewer asked about field preferences. The second round was conducted at the Freddie office and was broken up into two 30 minute interviews. One technical and one behavioral. The questions were fairly easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Name the most difficult coding project you have worked on and list some lines of code from the assignment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

First had a phone interview which lasted half an hour, they asked some low ball information systems questions. A few weeks later they invited me to Freddie Day, it was 8:30am to 2pm. They had a panel with a few people in the analyst program, a speaker, tour of the campus and then two 45 minute interviews. They asked each candidate the same questions regardless of whether you were interested in software development or business development. Also all of the interviews took place in a large room with all of the other candidates simultaneously, it was a bit uncomfortable and loud. The questions were a mix of behavioral/situational questions and extremely technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Finance Rotation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA).

Interview

Love to ask questions about Freddie Mac's business. To be successful you need to be current on the financial markets, know the what Freddie Mac is all about and be somewhat enjoyable to talk too. Like any standard interview, expect to be asked questions about yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.