Freddie Mac

Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.8

Internal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Applied online via Freddie Mac website. I got a reply from a recruiter 2 weeks later. She scheduled me for a phone interview - mostly behavioral questions. Invited to the headquarter, i had interviews with 3 groups within the team. Behavioral & fit questions as well. It's been a week, no reply yet. But based on past comments, that's likely a no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

I applied for the position on college recruiting site in Jan 2013 and was contacted a couple weeks later I was contacted to setup a phone interview. I did the phone interview and was contacted the same day and was asked to attend "Freddie Day" in McLean, VA. Freddie Day is two-day event that takes place. If you are more than 50 miles away they provide transportation and hotel accommodations. The first night there we did a lot of networking with current employees who are in Tech. Analyst Program and directors from different departments in Freddie Mac. The next day was guided tour of buildings and then interviews. There were two 45 minute interviews. Some candidates had 1 person conducting interview the others had 2 people asking questions. Majority of questions were behavioral, but there were some technical questions. I was contacted 2 days after the interviews and was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What about Freddie Mac makes you want to work here? ; What characteristics do you think are important when describing a leader?   Answer Question
    No negotiations were done I was content with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2014.

Overall easy process. Applied through a University Portal. Had a phone interview, then was invited to Freddie day. Had two One on one interviews. Additionally had a follow up interview a few days later where they asked me more behavioral questions. Offered the job a day later. Typical behavioral interviews. Know a little bit about how Freddie Mac operates as well. Focus on what makes you great and talk about innovation. You will be fine.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2014.

Applied through University recruiting and had a phone interview a few days later. I was invited to "Freddie Day" the following day, all expenses paid. Freddie Mac put candidates in a hotel and had us come down for an introduction/networking in the evening. The following day, there was a presentation, 2 panels consisting of current Technology Analysts and leaders of the company. There was a facility tour followed by 2 interviews. Overall, the process was fairly easy. During the interview just be yourself and talk about leadership. Was given an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral with a few technical questions to judge familiarly, nothing too in depth.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. Starting salary around market with a bit more considering the high cost of living in Northern Virginia.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

The first round was a phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral and afterwards the interviewer asked about field preferences. The second round was conducted at the Freddie office and was broken up into two 30 minute interviews. One technical and one behavioral. The questions were fairly easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Name the most difficult coding project you have worked on and list some lines of code from the assignment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2013.

First had a phone interview which lasted half an hour, they asked some low ball information systems questions. A few weeks later they invited me to Freddie Day, it was 8:30am to 2pm. They had a panel with a few people in the analyst program, a speaker, tour of the campus and then two 45 minute interviews. They asked each candidate the same questions regardless of whether you were interested in software development or business development. Also all of the interviews took place in a large room with all of the other candidates simultaneously, it was a bit uncomfortable and loud. The questions were a mix of behavioral/situational questions and extremely technical.

Didn't negotiate

Finance Rotation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac.

Love to ask questions about Freddie Mac's business. To be successful you need to be current on the financial markets, know the what Freddie Mac is all about and be somewhat enjoyable to talk too. Like any standard interview, expect to be asked questions about yourself.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Product Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2013.

I got a phone call on to come in for an interview in a week. Went in for the interview the next week and got an offer three days later. The recruiters were very helpful through out the whole process. T

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral questions. Basically what did you do in a specific situation,   Answer Question

Marketing Program Management Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in May 2013.

Horrible interviewing process! I was there for over three hours and met with five different individuals separately. Two were late to their assigned time and everyone asked the same general shoot-from-the-hip questions. I felt like they could have made the whole process easier by having one or two group interviews. I left feeling like each of them thought they had such important schedules they couldn't work together.

Settlement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in May 2013.

Agency contacted me, interviewed with them, then a phone interview with 2 freddie mac managers followed by one in person interview.

N/A