Freddie Mac

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Freddie Mac in December 2010.

Interview Details – Typical process. Having internal referral to use when HR was not responding about status was critical.

Interview Question – What books are you currently reading?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Only slightly. Know your market value and the value of the market, then ask for that. If you are on-target, you look like a "hireable" candidate right away.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2009.

Interview Details – My resume was pulled from a job board and a consulting firm contacted me to fill a PM position. The consulting firm (unbeknown to me) was early in the process of trying to obtain the contract they wanted. The 30 minute "interview" was not actually an interview, but the consulting firm's attempt to get the business, by implying they already "represented" me. The interview was a "face presentation" and not a discussion about the proposed project or the opportunity. It was the consulting firm's sales pitch on showing they can get the necessary talent, even before the funding was officially obtained. However, that was not how they presented the interview to me. I did not get a call back on the position, and did not feel comfortable about the meeting actually being a sales call and not a true interview. Not once was I asked about my experience or capabilities, but my paper resume was pushed to the hiring manager.

Interview Question – No questions were asked about the role...so what do you do????   View Answer

Project Manager Senior Interview

Project Manager Senior

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2010.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview by the HR Manager. I then had another phone interview a week later with the Hiring Manager, who then called me in for a 1:1 in-person interview. The interview went well with generic questions about project management - How would you resolve conflicts? How would you ensure communication? How would you manage Risks? etc. After the interview was over, the manager went on to provide feedback on my interview and asked if I had any questions. I asked him a couple of basic questions and left.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Freddie Mac

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Freddie Mac Senior Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Freddie Mac employees and interview candidates.