Freddie Mac

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Change Management Manager Interview

Tech Change Management Manager
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2012.

Interview Details – Process was fairly simple, I was contacted by FM recruiter spoke with him about my background in Change Management. I was emailed that hiring would like to interview as well within 2 days days after speaking with Recruiter. Phone interview with hiring manager lasted maybe 15 - 20 minutes, asked questions like.. What is Change Management? Please describe ITIL framework. Hiring manager was Release Manager and has a different perspective on what the Change Manager, Mngr should do. I asked if role role was Technical and was advised No. No mention at that time looking for someone that is currently manager. I have been a Lead within CM, but not Manager. My management was not within change management. Since interview was so short, I knew I would not be invited for inperson interview.

To my surprise, I was contacted about 3 weeks later that FM wanted to interview me in person. Flight was set up fairly quickly by HR for the next week. Email was sent to ask me if times worked for me. They didn't really but I didn't complain. Flight arriving at 11:30PM at night when interview is at 9:30 AM next morning. OK fine. Departing 6:30 PM when interview was over at 11:30. OK fine.

Arrived in VA around midnight, took Taxi to hotel which is about 20 - 30 ride from airport. Dulles and Ronald Reagan are of close proximity.

Interview Day. There is shuttle from Hilton hotel that will take you to Freddie Mac, which is 5 min away. You could walk, if you know where you are going but would take you a little bit. Not recommended.

Scheduled for 3 interviews. Hiring Manager, Peer, and Director. Fairly simple questions.
1. What would you do if a change was not approved and implemented anyway?
2. How would you build relationships within the organization?
3. Do you have any Remedy experience? They could have asked me that on phone interview and not wasted money to fly me out since that is somethign specific that you are looking for. Key note, not technical but Remedy experience is preferred, but not stated on jd.
4. Why do you want to relocate?

I was not impressed by how process was handled as they could have asked better questions from phone interview in order to select candidate for role. Role has been open for quite sometime, Oct I believe it was stated. They are looking for a needle in haystack so, please be aware. If you have Change request experience.

Have not heard anything thus far, but was contacted by a 3rd party vendor for the role just this week.. Funny huh

Interview Question – How would you build relationships within the organization?   Answer Question

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!