Freddie Mac

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2010.

Interview Details – The process was reasonable and typical. The position was never defined properly, and I spent most of my time at FM trying to drum-up work. Part of the problem may have been that a project I was hired to support was cancelled almost immediately after I was hired.

Negotiation Details – Not too bad. I got more than money than I perhaps thought I would get. The position description was vague from the beginning, and after I started I realized FM didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing either. Not a particularly auspicious start (or finish).

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
McLean, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very confusing. Was not clear who would be the supervisor. Very rushed and haphazard.

Interview Question – Don't recall questions as being too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation as the position was a consultant position.

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through University recruiting and had a phone interview a few days later. I was invited to "Freddie Day" the following day, all expenses paid. Freddie Mac put candidates in a hotel and had us come down for an introduction/networking in the evening. The following day, there was a presentation, 2 panels consisting of current Technology Analysts and leaders of the company. There was a facility tour followed by 2 interviews. Overall, the process was fairly easy. During the interview just be yourself and talk about leadership. Was given an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavioral with a few technical questions to judge familiarly, nothing too in depth.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. Starting salary around market with a bit more considering the high cost of living in Northern Virginia.

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
McLean, VA

Interview Details – The first round was a phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral and afterwards the interviewer asked about field preferences. The second round was conducted at the Freddie office and was broken up into two 30 minute interviews. One technical and one behavioral. The questions were fairly easy and straightforward.

Interview Question – Name the most difficult coding project you have worked on and list some lines of code from the assignment.   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Compliance Manager
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks. It did not take too long to get through. The first round of interviews was a telephonic interview. The next was an in person interview. They flew me in from out of town. It consisted of 4 interviews with multiple people.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate, but they stood firm.

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2014.

Interview Details – Overall easy process. Applied through a University Portal. Had a phone interview, then was invited to Freddie day. Had two One on one interviews. Additionally had a follow up interview a few days later where they asked me more behavioral questions. Offered the job a day later. Typical behavioral interviews. Know a little bit about how Freddie Mac operates as well. Focus on what makes you great and talk about innovation. You will be fine.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to lead a team.   Answer Question

Operational Risk Senior Interview

Operational Risk Senior
McLean, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in July 2010.

Interview Details – Easy questions including why you want to work a Freddie Mac

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on college recruiting site in Jan 2013 and was contacted a couple weeks later I was contacted to setup a phone interview. I did the phone interview and was contacted the same day and was asked to attend "Freddie Day" in McLean, VA. Freddie Day is two-day event that takes place. If you are more than 50 miles away they provide transportation and hotel accommodations. The first night there we did a lot of networking with current employees who are in Tech. Analyst Program and directors from different departments in Freddie Mac. The next day was guided tour of buildings and then interviews. There were two 45 minute interviews. Some candidates had 1 person conducting interview the others had 2 people asking questions. Majority of questions were behavioral, but there were some technical questions. I was contacted 2 days after the interviews and was given an offer.

Interview Question – What about Freddie Mac makes you want to work here? ; What characteristics do you think are important when describing a leader?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were done I was content with the offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and was contacted by a Freddie Mac recruiter. I first had a phone interview with group managers and senior analyst, then I had an onsite group interview with both group managers and all senior analyst. The time between my phone interview and onsite interview was almost 2 months. I was offered the position the same day.

Interview Question – The interview was straight forward, it was not very difficult. They asked the standard interview questions. Tell me about yourself, tell me your experience writing requirements, give me an example of a system requirement and a business requirement, how do you work in a group environment, can you work independently as well, how do you handle a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very negotiable

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2013.

Interview Details – Freddie Day. First round interview was a phone interview. Second round was at Freddie Day.

Interview Question – stock questions found here on glassdoor   Answer Question

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!