Freddie Mac Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.9

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Applied online via Freddie Mac website. I got a reply from a recruiter 2 weeks later. She scheduled me for a phone interview - mostly behavioral questions. Invited to the headquarter, i had interviews with 3 groups within the team. Behavioral & fit questions as well. It's been a week, no reply yet. But based on past comments, that's likely a no.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2010.

The process was reasonable and typical. The position was never defined properly, and I spent most of my time at FM trying to drum-up work. Part of the problem may have been that a project I was hired to support was cancelled almost immediately after I was hired.

Not too bad. I got more than money than I perhaps thought I would get. The position description was vague from the beginning, and after I started I realized FM didn't really know what I was supposed to be doing either. Not a particularly auspicious start (or finish).

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2011.

Very confusing. Was not clear who would be the supervisor. Very rushed and haphazard.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation as the position was a consultant position.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2014.

Applied through University recruiting and had a phone interview a few days later. I was invited to "Freddie Day" the following day, all expenses paid. Freddie Mac put candidates in a hotel and had us come down for an introduction/networking in the evening. The following day, there was a presentation, 2 panels consisting of current Technology Analysts and leaders of the company. There was a facility tour followed by 2 interviews. Overall, the process was fairly easy. During the interview just be yourself and talk about leadership. Was given an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral with a few technical questions to judge familiarly, nothing too in depth.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. Starting salary around market with a bit more considering the high cost of living in Northern Virginia.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The first round was a phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral and afterwards the interviewer asked about field preferences. The second round was conducted at the Freddie office and was broken up into two 30 minute interviews. One technical and one behavioral. The questions were fairly easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Name the most difficult coding project you have worked on and list some lines of code from the assignment.   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2010.

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks. It did not take too long to get through. The first round of interviews was a telephonic interview. The next was an in person interview. They flew me in from out of town. It consisted of 4 interviews with multiple people.

Interview Questions
    Tried to negotiate, but they stood firm.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2014.

Overall easy process. Applied through a University Portal. Had a phone interview, then was invited to Freddie day. Had two One on one interviews. Additionally had a follow up interview a few days later where they asked me more behavioral questions. Offered the job a day later. Typical behavioral interviews. Know a little bit about how Freddie Mac operates as well. Focus on what makes you great and talk about innovation. You will be fine.

Operational Risk Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in July 2010.

Easy questions including why you want to work a Freddie Mac

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

I applied for the position on college recruiting site in Jan 2013 and was contacted a couple weeks later I was contacted to setup a phone interview. I did the phone interview and was contacted the same day and was asked to attend "Freddie Day" in McLean, VA. Freddie Day is two-day event that takes place. If you are more than 50 miles away they provide transportation and hotel accommodations. The first night there we did a lot of networking with current employees who are in Tech. Analyst Program and directors from different departments in Freddie Mac. The next day was guided tour of buildings and then interviews. There were two 45 minute interviews. Some candidates had 1 person conducting interview the others had 2 people asking questions. Majority of questions were behavioral, but there were some technical questions. I was contacted 2 days after the interviews and was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What about Freddie Mac makes you want to work here? ; What characteristics do you think are important when describing a leader?   Answer Question
    No negotiations were done I was content with the offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2012.

I applied on-line and was contacted by a Freddie Mac recruiter. I first had a phone interview with group managers and senior analyst, then I had an onsite group interview with both group managers and all senior analyst. The time between my phone interview and onsite interview was almost 2 months. I was offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was straight forward, it was not very difficult. They asked the standard interview questions. Tell me about yourself, tell me your experience writing requirements, give me an example of a system requirement and a business requirement, how do you work in a group environment, can you work independently as well, how do you handle a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    Not very negotiable

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!