Freddie Mac Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2013.

Freddie Day. First round interview was a phone interview. Second round was at Freddie Day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2013.

First had a phone interview which lasted half an hour, they asked some low ball information systems questions. A few weeks later they invited me to Freddie Day, it was 8:30am to 2pm. They had a panel with a few people in the analyst program, a speaker, tour of the campus and then two 45 minute interviews. They asked each candidate the same questions regardless of whether you were interested in software development or business development. Also all of the interviews took place in a large room with all of the other candidates simultaneously, it was a bit uncomfortable and loud. The questions were a mix of behavioral/situational questions and extremely technical.

Didn't negotiate

Change Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

First Interview: Phone screening with the Release Manager
    Second Interview: Physical interview with the Release Manager and a Configuration Manager

The Release Manager, who was technical, was extremely rude and clearly lacked the people skills necessary for Change Management. He seemed almost annoyed that he had to conduct the interview and demanded that you answer questions in a discrete Q&A manner, as oppose to a normal conversation, which provides context to your responses.

The way he conducted the interview was as if he was auditing/interrogating you like you made an unauthorized change. The RM was completely unprofessional and clearly shows the culture/operating environment at Freddie.

Interview Questions
    • The RM will ask you in detail on how your generate drift/unauthorized change reports. Some change managers create these reports, others are consumers of it. It seems that the RM wants you to be able to create these reports from auto-discovery.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in January 2012.

There was no words i could decribe how horible this interview was...they kept me wating for almost 20 minutes past late the time the told me to show up...even then they didn't offer me glass of water ( it had been a hot day outside up words of 90 degrees plus!)and they once i got to the face- to -face they didnt even ask question,, pretty much rejected me right on the spot! Stay far away from the company if y want to be apprecated..i work at Rite aid now and beleive it or not the treatment so much better then some these other "office type suit rut low down desk joker job"

Interview Questions
    • They ask me ' why should Freddie mac hire you" like they didnt have a clue why im showing up!! its not ROCKET SCIENCE   Answer Question

Settlement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in May 2013.

Agency contacted me, interviewed with them, then a phone interview with 2 freddie mac managers followed by one in person interview.

N/A

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2011.

Phone interview, 3 in house inteviews in 1 day

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire your, why are you not working at the big 4   View Answer
    Accepted the offer, offer included a moving bonus of 5K if you are further than 50 miles away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2011.

Two phone interviews followed by a on-site interview that consist of 3-4 interviewers questioning you with a technology analyst present. One interview is technical, the other two are more or less to see whether you fit within the organization. They fly you to VA if you live out of state. All candidates are setup in a nearby hotel. The process for the on-site interview lasts 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are pretty straight forward, answer in STAR method and you'll be fine   Answer Question
    No real negotiations, they start all new technology analyst at the same rate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2012.

Long interview process, but detailed and worth the effort.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions I found difficult or unexpected   Answer Question
    Base your expected salary on your experience and they will negotiate with you.

Finance Rotation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Love to ask questions about Freddie Mac's business. To be successful you need to be current on the financial markets, know the what Freddie Mac is all about and be somewhat enjoyable to talk too. Like any standard interview, expect to be asked questions about yourself.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2011.

The hiring process for contractors is submission of non-compete + last 4 of social and birth date. If you have prior freddie mac exp then you need a clearance based on your previous manager recommendation or notes in the system related to your work expirience. Then a phone interview followed by face to face. then drug test if selected and a complete background check

Interview Questions
    • many of the job descriptions do not match the actual need for the position so when you walk in ask them to tell you more about the job rather than assuming that the job description provided is accurate. this will cause a lot of the misunderstanding to be resolved. often times the job descriptions are set by the procurement team and not by the actual business group, hence the mismatch   Answer Question
    Freddie often asks for a discount on the initially provided rate which could be upto 7 or 8 % of initially advertised rate. this happens when there are many candidates for the job posted and the skillset required is general