Freddie Mac

Relevance Date Difficulty

Change Management Interview

Change Management
Reston, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – First Interview: Phone screening with the Release Manager
Second Interview: Physical interview with the Release Manager and a Configuration Manager

The Release Manager, who was technical, was extremely rude and clearly lacked the people skills necessary for Change Management. He seemed almost annoyed that he had to conduct the interview and demanded that you answer questions in a discrete Q&A manner, as oppose to a normal conversation, which provides context to your responses.

The way he conducted the interview was as if he was auditing/interrogating you like you made an unauthorized change. The RM was completely unprofessional and clearly shows the culture/operating environment at Freddie.

Interview Question – The RM will ask you in detail on how your generate drift/unauthorized change reports. Some change managers create these reports, others are consumers of it. It seems that the RM wants you to be able to create these reports from auto-discovery.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in January 2012.

Interview Details – There was no words i could decribe how horible this interview was...they kept me wating for almost 20 minutes past late the time the told me to show up...even then they didn't offer me glass of water ( it had been a hot day outside up words of 90 degrees plus!)and they once i got to the face- to -face they didnt even ask question,, pretty much rejected me right on the spot! Stay far away from the company if y want to be apprecated..i work at Rite aid now and beleive it or not the treatment so much better then some these other "office type suit rut low down desk joker job"

Interview Question – They ask me ' why should Freddie mac hire you" like they didnt have a clue why im showing up!! its not ROCKET SCIENCE   Answer Question

Settlement Specialist Interview

Settlement Specialist
McLean, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in May 2013.

Interview Details – Agency contacted me, interviewed with them, then a phone interview with 2 freddie mac managers followed by one in person interview.

Interview Question – Do you have a pulse?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 3 in house inteviews in 1 day

Interview Question – Why should we hire your, why are you not working at the big 4   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Accepted the offer, offer included a moving bonus of 5K if you are further than 50 miles away.

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2011.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews followed by a on-site interview that consist of 3-4 interviewers questioning you with a technology analyst present. One interview is technical, the other two are more or less to see whether you fit within the organization. They fly you to VA if you live out of state. All candidates are setup in a nearby hotel. The process for the on-site interview lasts 2 days.

Interview Question – Questions are pretty straight forward, answer in STAR method and you'll be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiations, they start all new technology analyst at the same rate.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
McLean, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2012.

Interview Details – Long interview process, but detailed and worth the effort.

Interview Question – There were no questions I found difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base your expected salary on your experience and they will negotiate with you.

Finance Rotation Analyst Interview

Finance Rotation Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – Love to ask questions about Freddie Mac's business. To be successful you need to be current on the financial markets, know the what Freddie Mac is all about and be somewhat enjoyable to talk too. Like any standard interview, expect to be asked questions about yourself.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process for contractors is submission of non-compete + last 4 of social and birth date. If you have prior freddie mac exp then you need a clearance based on your previous manager recommendation or notes in the system related to your work expirience. Then a phone interview followed by face to face. then drug test if selected and a complete background check

Interview Question – many of the job descriptions do not match the actual need for the position so when you walk in ask them to tell you more about the job rather than assuming that the job description provided is accurate. this will cause a lot of the misunderstanding to be resolved. often times the job descriptions are set by the procurement team and not by the actual business group, hence the mismatch   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Freddie often asks for a discount on the initially provided rate which could be upto 7 or 8 % of initially advertised rate. this happens when there are many candidates for the job posted and the skillset required is general

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was flown in along with many other students from other colleges around the nation. They gave us an overview of the company and a tour of the buildings. Afterward, we had 2 interviews, each with a new hire and an experiences employee. One of the interviews, the experienced employee asked most of the questions, and during the second interview, the new hire asked most of the questions. The new hires were supposed to be there in order for us to ask them questions about their experiences and what it is like being a new hire, but he was asking most of the questions and didn't seem prepared.

Very Difficult Interview

Quant Analyst Interview

Quant Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2009.

Interview Details – talk to lots of people from different areas. Ask many tech problems. have lunch with team members. It is a whole day long interview.

Interview Question – talk about your thesis   Answer Question