Freddie Mac

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Control Auditor Interview

Internal Control Auditor
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2011.

Interview Details – Three round interview, two telephone interviews by seniors and HR, final round on site with managers and head of the department, the interviewers are all very friendly.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions, behavioral and past experiences   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was a 6 person panel, lasted for 6 hours. If you are well prepared, it is not grilling.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2010.

Interview Details – Being an ex-GSE (from Fannie or Ginnie Mae) significantly improves chances for being hired. But certainly prior mortgage expirience is required. The interview process is usually a phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview. Often number of interviewers are no greater than 3 people. They look for personality and cultural match more than just the skills in resume

Interview Question – how would you manage office politics and transparency with managent   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Test Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process took 48 hrs. The telephonic interview lasted 20-25 mins with some basic questions in sql and unix.The F2F was scheduled the day after where questions related tomy previous projects were asked and some generalquestions from SQL. This lasted about 25- 30 mins. Then had a written test for 1 hr. Really tough one. Standard questions from UNIX and SQL. Totally 25 questions(14 in sql+ 11 in Unix).

Interview Question – complex Sql queries   Answer Question

Analyst - Intern Interview

Analyst - Intern
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – Met them at a career fair at my university, and got a phone call two months after to set up a phone interview. They responded very quickly after the phone interview, with an offer

Interview Question – Nothing hard; some basics of Linux and OO, also what is a router, and a bunch of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an intern position, so I could not negotiate anything

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – After applying through my school's career website I got an on campus interview. This was pretty simple just looking for fit (why Freddie? what do you know about Freddie Mac? etc. ). I was then asked to come to Freddie Day that next week. Campus tour, talking with analysts, 2 interviews, etc. Interviews were mainly about fit as well just behavioral questions and making sure you did your homework. HR got back to us within a week so overall it was a quick process.

Interview Question – What do you think Freddie Mac will look like coming out of conservatorship?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation. Salary was fair and benefits were better than most companies.

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Finance Rotation Program
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details – was pretty basic. phone interview with basic behavioral questions.and then a week later I was notified that I was invited to the final interviews and participated Freddie Day.

Interview Question – what is Freddie's business model   Answer Question

Product Management Senior Interview

Product Management Senior
McLean, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews and 1 all day interview.

Interview Question – There were a lot of situational interview questions   Answer Question

Market Research Interview

Market Research
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2012.

Interview Details – They e-mailed me asking for a time to set up the phone screening. The phone interview was super easy and short. They asked the basic questions like "Why do you want to leave?"

After that, they brought me in for an interview with what was supposed to be with three people but turned out one of them couldn't make it.

Interview Question – Questions were easy- asked about experience   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
McLean, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2011.

Interview Details – Three level of interviews: Peers, Supervisor and Manager

Interview Question – Given the uncerntainty of GSE, what your plan to join us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is reasonable process and the recruiter is really professional and helpful

Interviews for Top Jobs at Freddie Mac