Freddie Mac Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.9

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2012.

They e-mailed me asking for a time to set up the phone screening. The phone interview was super easy and short. They asked the basic questions like "Why do you want to leave?"

After that, they brought me in for an interview with what was supposed to be with three people but turned out one of them couldn't make it.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2011.

Three level of interviews: Peers, Supervisor and Manager

Interview Questions
    • Given the uncerntainty of GSE, what your plan to join us?   View Answer
    It is reasonable process and the recruiter is really professional and helpful

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2012.

1st phone interview was about half hour, talked to manager of department and was asked about past experieneces within finance and accounting, as well as IT work and past education. Invited to Freddie Day, somewhat disorganized, people come in from all around the US for it. three one-on-one interviews and a bunch of presentations and tours. Not very exciting place.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about your experience with auditing and how would you go about finding help if you were unsure of an answer on the job.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2012.

a lot of questions that see how well you can speak on the phone

Tech Change Management Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2012.

Process was fairly simple, I was contacted by FM recruiter spoke with him about my background in Change Management. I was emailed that hiring would like to interview as well within 2 days days after speaking with Recruiter. Phone interview with hiring manager lasted maybe 15 - 20 minutes, asked questions like.. What is Change Management? Please describe ITIL framework. Hiring manager was Release Manager and has a different perspective on what the Change Manager, Mngr should do. I asked if role role was Technical and was advised No. No mention at that time looking for someone that is currently manager. I have been a Lead within CM, but not Manager. My management was not within change management. Since interview was so short, I knew I would not be invited for inperson interview.

To my surprise, I was contacted about 3 weeks later that FM wanted to interview me in person. Flight was set up fairly quickly by HR for the next week. Email was sent to ask me if times worked for me. They didn't really but I didn't complain. Flight arriving at 11:30PM at night when interview is at 9:30 AM next morning. OK fine. Departing 6:30 PM when interview was over at 11:30. OK fine.

Arrived in VA around midnight, took Taxi to hotel which is about 20 - 30 ride from airport. Dulles and Ronald Reagan are of close proximity.

Interview Day. There is shuttle from Hilton hotel that will take you to Freddie Mac, which is 5 min away. You could walk, if you know where you are going but would take you a little bit. Not recommended.

Scheduled for 3 interviews. Hiring Manager, Peer, and Director. Fairly simple questions.
    1. What would you do if a change was not approved and implemented anyway?
    2. How would you build relationships within the organization?
    3. Do you have any Remedy experience? They could have asked me that on phone interview and not wasted money to fly me out since that is somethign specific that you are looking for. Key note, not technical but Remedy experience is preferred, but not stated on jd.
    4. Why do you want to relocate?

I was not impressed by how process was handled as they could have asked better questions from phone interview in order to select candidate for role. Role has been open for quite sometime, Oct I believe it was stated. They are looking for a needle in haystack so, please be aware. If you have Change request experience.

Have not heard anything thus far, but was contacted by a 3rd party vendor for the role just this week.. Funny huh

Interview Questions
    • How would you build relationships within the organization?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2010.

There was a short personality interview given on-campus. There were some technical questions that were pretty straight-forward.

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2010.

First interview was at my college campus. Pretty standard behavioral questions. After I got through the first interview, they invited me on site second round interview. Included two rounders, each with 2 people. It was in a large room with multiple interviews occuring at the same time. They asked you to describe Freddie Mac's business, and then drilled you with behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    flat rate for all college hires

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Freddie Mac in March 2012.

The interview process took exactlky 48 hours. It started with phone interview where my previous experience and technical skills were tested. Next had a written test, real tough one. Here a lot of SQL queries were asked and unix commands were also tested.

Interview Questions
    • if data coming from two different table say teradata and oracle...how would you compare the differences in same table (say employee) coming form teradat and Oracle.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2011.

I had a campus interview with the financial engineering department. The interview was technical. Many bond questions. Another phone interview was arranged with a guy from a different department. The interview was more like him explaining about his department. I have never heard back from then afterwards.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2011.

I had a 30 minute one on one interview that consisted mainly of me describing my previous work and education experience. There were no technical questions, but I was asked some questions about how Freddie Mac works and what they do. I thought the interview went very well especially since I previously completed an externship with Freddie Mac. I sent a thank you not to my interviewer, and have heard absolutely nothing since. No emails to tell me that I was not selected no phone calls, zero contact.

Interview Questions
    • Do you understand what it is that Freddie Mac does and if so could you please give a brief overview?   Answer Question