Freddie Mac Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.9

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2011.

I got the interview through career services. Freddie Mac emailed me asking to sign up for an interview. The first part was easy just behavioral and about experience. The second part was all technical questions. They had a list of technical questions if you said you were experienced with a coding language they made you write it on the write board in the interview room. It was very intimidating.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2011.

Very confusing. Was not clear who would be the supervisor. Very rushed and haphazard.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation as the position was a consultant position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2011.

I had a 30 minute one on one interview that consisted mainly of me describing my previous work and education experience. There were no technical questions, but I was asked some questions about how Freddie Mac works and what they do. I thought the interview went very well especially since I previously completed an externship with Freddie Mac. I sent a thank you not to my interviewer, and have heard absolutely nothing since. No emails to tell me that I was not selected no phone calls, zero contact.

Interview Questions
    • Do you understand what it is that Freddie Mac does and if so could you please give a brief overview?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freddie Mac in September 2011.

I was an internal candidate. The process for externals is significantly different; but on the whole I would commend my company for their ability to identify, harness, and promote internal talent.

Interview Questions
    • The company generally employs and promotes a behavioral interviewing style. I am a firm believer in this style, as it can tease out details about a candidate's style and persona that a resume or more traditional interview are unlikely to reveal.   Answer Question
    N/A

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Freddie Mac in August 2011.

Three level of interviews: Peers, Supervisor and Manager

Interview Questions
    • Given the uncerntainty of GSE, what your plan to join us?   View Answer
    It is reasonable process and the recruiter is really professional and helpful

Pricing/Costing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2011.

People who work there are very nice. However, the interaction between the team and HR was very unsmooth and I had to wait for a long time to hear back. I did a phone interview with a hiring manager, and was invited to the on-site interview. I met 7 people in the costing team, 30 mins for each person, and went to a lunch with the hiring manager for the last. I got a call back from HR on the next day that I was invited to the next round. The next interview was with pricing team members and I had to have another phone interview with a person who couldn't be there on the interview day. This whole process took about a month or two but I just found out that I was not selected for the position.

Product Management Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2011.

I had 2 phone interviews and 1 all day interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2011.

The hiring process for contractors is submission of non-compete + last 4 of social and birth date. If you have prior freddie mac exp then you need a clearance based on your previous manager recommendation or notes in the system related to your work expirience. Then a phone interview followed by face to face. then drug test if selected and a complete background check

Interview Questions
    • many of the job descriptions do not match the actual need for the position so when you walk in ask them to tell you more about the job rather than assuming that the job description provided is accurate. this will cause a lot of the misunderstanding to be resolved. often times the job descriptions are set by the procurement team and not by the actual business group, hence the mismatch   Answer Question
    Freddie often asks for a discount on the initially provided rate which could be upto 7 or 8 % of initially advertised rate. this happens when there are many candidates for the job posted and the skillset required is general

Internal Control Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2011.

Three round interview, two telephone interviews by seniors and HR, final round on site with managers and head of the department, the interviewers are all very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, behavioral and past experiences   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2011.

Received an email from HR Rep regarding a job that I applied to, in order to set up phone interview. Commnication was very good at the beggining. During phone interview it was going well until I was asked about a term that from my previous industry we didn't use. I asked the recruiter to explain the term, because there may be a good chance that in my former industry we call it something different. Response was "I don't know what it means, they just told me to ask you about it." At this point I realized I was doomed. I was informed that I would hear something by the start of the next week. After the call, I did some research on the term how Freddie Mac uses it, compared to my former industry and as a result I sent an email to the HR Rep explaining my findings as well as a thank you. The email was recieved and read (thanks to the return receipt), but no response.
    Now its the day of when I should be hearing back from HR Rep, but no call or email. I wait till the next day and send an email to inquire, once again my email is opened but no response. A week later, I get a automated message stating the position has been filled. Very unprofessional way for a HR Rep to handle a potential employee. I can handle the rejection, its just that as "job seekers" I guess that we put to much trust into the professionalism of others.