Frederick's of Hollywood Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Frederick's of Hollywood (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was read off of a piece of paper. Stock questions, "What recent experience did you have with great customer service", "What bad customer service experience did you have?", "Name a time that you delivered excellent customer service to someone".

Interview Questions

• All questions were expected, nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Frederick's of Hollywood (Citrus Heights, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process was quick! I had three interviews within about 2 weeks. I was asked about previous experience, leadership skills, surprisingly wasn't asked about history of the company. I was first interviewed by assistant store manager, then store manager, then district manager. I thought i had a foot in the door until i never got a call back, which is why I'm neutral, i find it very unprofessional to leave someone guessing, even if it's bad news, nobody wants to be left waiting for an answer.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses (and strengths) in this position?   1 Answer

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Frederick's of Hollywood in July 2014.

Interview

Had one interview with store manager and 2 days later had a phone interview with district manager. did a background check and got the job started the last 2 weeks of july.

Interview Questions

• Just asked if knew about conversion and could meet sales goals   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was quick and easy

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Frederick's of Hollywood in July 2014.

Interview

I was walking around Barton creek mall looking for a job, when I saw their "Now Hiring" flyer on the window I walked in and asked for an application. She girl there happily gave me one and said the manager liked it when girls left resumes so I left mine along with the application. A few days later I got a call back for an interview. We scheduled our interview, and when i came in for it I shopped around the store while she was in the back. Once she came out I thought she would take me to the back, but we went around the corner to the Starbucks by Nordstrom and we sat down at the tables for an interview. The atmosphere was casual but I was pretty dressed up. She asked me about myself and my experience, I didn't really have much retail experience but a lot of other work experience and talked about it along with my major in fashion design. She asked the typical retail questions about customer service, a time I worked with a team, times I was under pressure, why I wanted to work there, why I would be a good fit, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Frederick's of Hollywood   1 Answer

Negotiation

she called me and offered me a start pay of $8.50 because of my experience, so there wasn't much negotiation since it was more than I expected

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Univ of Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Frederick's of Hollywood (Univ of Tampa, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

It was very simple with some question and answer with store manager. It only took about 20 minutes for the interview. It took about two weeks for a hear back, bit only because I called the store. When I called about the application, the manager told me that she lost it and had only just recently found it. It then took her a while to send my application to the head of HR of the district.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Frederick's of Hollywood (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2012.

Interview

You will have a face to face interview with a marketing manager and then 2 phone interviews with the regional and vice president. With mine, the regional complained that she was driving and didn't really have time. They make you feel like an inconvience right off the bat. I second guessed if this was worth it from the first interaction.

Interview Questions

• They are not original. They have three pages of questions that they are required to ask you. Be prepared for your interview to take forever because they are reading from these pages.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They are not competitive, there are NO raises or bonuses. If you try and get more money than they offer they will move on to the next canidate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Frederick's of Hollywood in February 2011.

Interview

It's was pretty easy and laid back. Store manager asked me about theft, what I would do in certain situations, if I knew about shrinkage, my personality and experiences I've had in other jobs. Even if you don't know a lot about loss prevention, most of it is common sense. Then we did a "role play" I walked around the store to familiarize myself with what they had and acted as if she was a regular customer.

Interview Questions

• It was a vending machine question. What would you do if you got back extra food or extra money.... Believe this was to show what kid of person you are and if you steal from the company... Even if its petty.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Based off of my retail experience