Free Country

Very Easy Interview

ECommerce and Marketing Interview

ECommerce and Marketing
New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Free Country in April 2012.

Interview Details – Both FC owners met with me on 2 different occasions regarding the available position within a weeks time period. From there I was asked for references by FC. After a week, I checked in with FC because I had not heard anything back regarding the position or my reference checks. I was told that they would get back to me a week or so later because one of the owners was on vacation. When the owner returned a week later, I was offered the position. The compensation was no where near my recent or required compensation as mentioned in my interview. Details on vacation, personal time; health/retirement benefits, and additional company benefits were very vague. Overall package was unimpressive for director level position. I was given an employee standards book, but it did not include specific information on benefits, etc. Upon negotiation and my counteroffer, the owner who would become my future boss, became upset that I was inquiring about the offer package in more detail, did not seem open to negotiation. I was told "you are being too "nit picky". A counteroffer from FC was presented, yet the majority of the items and concerns in my counteroffer were disregarded, and the base compensation was still way below my expectations.

Interview Question – None-average interview questions. More 1:1 than formal   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Poor compensation, benefits and vacation, management, no HR person/staff.

Worked for Free Country? Contribute to the Community!