Free People Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Free People.

Interview

Group Interview. Easy and exciting. The manager was so nice and really interested in what everyone had to say! Most of the questions that were asked revolved specifically around Free People and why YOU want to work for them. You should know about FP if you want a job there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Free People

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The initial interview is in a group setting with a round of questions. if the interviewer believes you would be a good candidate, they invite you back for a second interview with the store manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Free People.

Interview

There were walk-in, group interviews weekly, so I went twice. I have learned it varies on the interviewer, if he/she is feeling it or not. My first interview was standard and nothing was very expected, other than fill out an application and leave your resume. Never heard from that one. The second interview consisted of a compilation of their clothes and showcasing your style and received a rejection postcard. Insulting, but better than nothing. It is a little difficult being in a group interview to shine through, so make sure you fight your way for a chance to speak.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Free People.

Interview

Went in for a group interview. Took in your sense of style for the interview as well. Each girl was wearing a full Free People outfit. Mostly asked just behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a conflict with another co-worker in the presence of a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The overall process went very well and was incredibly smooth. I went into the store and asked if they were hiring, and the manager told me to come in the next week for an open interview. I showed up with basic knowledge of the company and prepped to answer basic questions. There were no curve balls for the most part and the associate who interviewed me was very helpful and easy to talk to. I wasn't 18 at the time (even though I would have started in the position after my birthday), so they told me to just re apply then.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses and how do you think that they relate to this position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Free People in April 2014.

Interview

Whilst shopping in the store, the sales manager approached me and asked if I was interested in coming in the following week for an interview. Pleased that I was even considered, I showed up the next week. It was a group interview which I did not expect at all. The interview process was rather lengthy in the sense that there was a second, individual interview after the group one.

Interview Questions

• The question wasn't difficult, but rather creative. I was asked how I would convince a customer to buy an item that he/she might not have been initially looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Free People (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied and a couple months later heard back. I was invited to an open interview and they asked me to tell them about myself, what was some good customer service I experienced, what my availability was like, etc. It was pretty quick and I was interviewed with one other girl.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few days. I was asked to take a survey online. A couple of days later I got an email requesting that I come to a group interview.
    The interview was with one other girl, it was very short, only 20 minutes or so and consisted of the basic questions like what is the free people girl like, have you had any experience in retail, what hours can you work, what do you get your fashion inspiration from..

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Free People.

Interview

Bring a copy of your resume to the interview
    My interview was one on one
    Questions:
    Tell me about yourself?
    What is your major?
    How can you contribute to Free People?
    What is a Free People girl?
    What is your strength and weakness?

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Open interview