Free People

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Free People.

Interview Details – Went in for a group interview. Took in your sense of style for the interview as well. Each girl was wearing a full Free People outfit. Mostly asked just behavioral questions.

Interview Question – How did you resolve a conflict with another co-worker in the presence of a customer?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Free People in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied and a couple months later heard back. I was invited to an open interview and they asked me to tell them about myself, what was some good customer service I experienced, what my availability was like, etc. It was pretty quick and I was interviewed with one other girl.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Free People?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Free People

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back within a few days. I was asked to take a survey online. A couple of days later I got an email requesting that I come to a group interview.
The interview was with one other girl, it was very short, only 20 minutes or so and consisted of the basic questions like what is the free people girl like, have you had any experience in retail, what hours can you work, what do you get your fashion inspiration from..

Interview Question – If you were an animal what would you be   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Free People in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and it took a little more than a week to hear back. It was a fairly laid back interview, which asked mostly expected questions:

Tell me about yourself.
Why do you want to work at Free People?
How can you contribute to Free People?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Have you worked in sales before?
What constitutes good customer service in your mind?

Interview Question – Which Free People girl are you?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Free People in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had to call and email them multiple times to get interviews and follow up and ultimately the job. I think it ended up being a total of three interviews (two solo, one group). If you want a job with them you really have to push and not take no response as an answer. The whole interview process took a few months.

Negotiation Details – I felt there was no room for negotiation, but this definitely could be different for others.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Free People.

Interview Details – Bring a copy of your resume to the interview
My interview was one on one
Questions:
Tell me about yourself?
What is your major?
How can you contribute to Free People?
What is a Free People girl?
What is your strength and weakness?

Interview Question – What is a Free People girl?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Free People in August 2011.

Interview Details – I found an application online for a new store opening so I applied and got a call about three weeks later from the District Manager. We had a phone interview and she basically asked what my personal style was, what I liked about Free People, why I wanted to work for the store and what my availability was. The interview lasted about 10 minutes and I was hired immediately after.

Interview Question – The usual interview questions, nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Interviewed at Free People

Interview Details – Open interview

Interview Question – An experience with customer service   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Free People in November 2010.

Interview Details – Simple questions, why do you want to work for the company, do you have experience?
What are your hobbies? etc. Then they give you a customer senario, where you have to make an outfit in 2 minutes.

Interview Question – Which free people girl do you think you are and why/how?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had to pass an online survey.

Torrance, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Free People in October 2012.

Interview Details – I came in and asked if they were hiring and the sales associate said they were "accepting applications" but were not hiring. So I filled out an application, and turned it in with my resume. About a day or two later I got a call asking for me to come in for open interviews the next morning at 10am. When I arrived, it was 10am and the store is supposed to be open at 10am. I called to let them know I was there and the person who answered was very rude saying "You're just gonna have to wait!" BAD SIGN ALREADY. When inside, we were told to look for an outfit for a person transferring from Summer to Fall. The manager interviewing us was very uninterested and just had NO personality at all. She didn't write anything down and just focused on caressing her pregnant belly. From the start of the interview I no longer had any interest in working there because I knew that I wouldn't enjoy working for her.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Free People

Worked for Free People? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Free People Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Free People employees and interview candidates.