Free the Slaves

Relevance Date Difficulty

Interim Chief Operating Officer Interview

Interim Chief Operating Officer
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Free the Slaves in November 2010.

Interview Details – Recruited through recruiter with telephone and in-person interviews, plus credit check. Recruiter handled initial phase of salary negotiations and setting up interviews, then handled internally. Met with senior leadership/founders--great experience. Very professional, warm and courteous. Enjoyed meeting other staff--all talented, smart, interesting people. Casual but hard-working environment, great dedication to the mission and cause, and savvy professionals. A joy to work with the staff and outgoing senior management.

Interview Question – Can I trust you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not need to do this much, only on hours and location, and did all of this via email. Very, very courteous and professional--that was the outgoing leader's style.

Very Easy Interview

Fundraising and Development Interview

Fundraising and Development

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Free the Slaves in March 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume and cover letter and was called to schedule a phone interview within two weeks. I interviewed with two staff members, who mostly asked general questions about why I wanted to work at Free the Slaves, what interested me about fundraising and development specifically, and how my background would contribute to their culture. If you're passionate about ending modern slavery (and who couldn't be?) and you can communicate that clearly, it should go over very well.

Interview Question – What is your vision for ending modern slavery?   Answer Question

Worked for Free the Slaves? Contribute to the Community!