Free the Slaves Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Free the Slaves

Interim Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Free the Slaves in November 2010.

Recruited through recruiter with telephone and in-person interviews, plus credit check. Recruiter handled initial phase of salary negotiations and setting up interviews, then handled internally. Met with senior leadership/founders--great experience. Very professional, warm and courteous. Enjoyed meeting other staff--all talented, smart, interesting people. Casual but hard-working environment, great dedication to the mission and cause, and savvy professionals. A joy to work with the staff and outgoing senior management.

Interview Questions
    Did not need to do this much, only on hours and location, and did all of this via email. Very, very courteous and professional--that was the outgoing leader's style.

Fundraising and Development Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Free the Slaves in March 2010.

I submitted a resume and cover letter and was called to schedule a phone interview within two weeks. I interviewed with two staff members, who mostly asked general questions about why I wanted to work at Free the Slaves, what interested me about fundraising and development specifically, and how my background would contribute to their culture. If you're passionate about ending modern slavery (and who couldn't be?) and you can communicate that clearly, it should go over very well.

Interview Questions