FreeCause Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.6

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FreeCause in February 2011.

A few former co-workers worked for the company. They had mentioned the great atmosphere and recommended I look into working with them again. I wasn't quite ready to make a leap. A few months later, I posted my resume on Monster to get some feelers out. Between the HR department and one of my former co-workers, they found my resume. I had a phone interview and was moved on to the next phase. I interviewed with about 4 employees (including the CEO and VP of Operations). The interview took a few hours. A few days passed and I received an email indicating interest.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about a relatively new idea in testing that I had never heard about. It was frightening to not know what this new idea was, but it was also frightening to hear what it was...a bad idea!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at FreeCause in June 2011.

I applied for the position online, and was contacted by a representative from HR to schedule a phone interview. For the first part of the interview, I spoke with the rep from HR about the company structure, background (they were recently acquired by a large Japanese company). There were no questions - it was an informational discussion.

I then talked with a development manager, and we discussed their technology platforms, my work history, and career goals. The phone screen was more of a basic technical screen, but seemed to be more of a test to see if I could fulfill a particular role opening up in the company and to make sure I would fit in with the company culture.

After the phone screen I received a rather difficult development exercise that took about a week to complete (working on it casually while still working full time). The exercise touched on advanced OOP PHP, database, and web services concepts.

Upon acceptance of my exercise, I set up an in-person interview. The in-person interview is a rotating panel. Several employees come in individually to ask questions. Most ask you to create small functions and algorithms to solve particular problems. Many questions were more about my work history, and to see if I would fit in. There were ample opportunities to ask questions about the company and the culture, and the employees were very forthcoming with answers. Afterwards I took a tour of their office, which was pretty new. They have a ton of free drinks, snacks, and have catered lunch every week. Sold!

Interview Questions
    • Programming questions involving tree traversal, SQL query optimization, and PHP OOP concepts.   View Answer
    They accepted my initial salary offer without negotiation, and were very reasonable when it comes to salary.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at FreeCause in June 2011.

Interview process was very informational, detailed and well structured. I talked with 4 individuals throughout the process and after my talks I had a strong understanding of the role, challenges and opportunities. Was able to get a good feel for the culture and was provided all the necessary benefit and compensation information needed to make an educated decision. The process moved quickly and I was very pleased with the constant communication from the company during the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to provide a plan of action if I were to join the company. While not expected it was a great resource for wrapping my head around the steps I would take should I join the organization. Highly effective.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was handled respectfully. I was able to get a clear understanding from company what the entire compensation (salary, bonus, benefit) package was, and I was able to compare it with current compensation. After comparing both compensation packages, I was able to negotiate on certain items to my satisfaction. Overall a very good negotiation process that I was pleased with.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FreeCause in October 2012.

I was contacted through LinkedIn and the company seemed very interested in me. That said, after failing to call me for the first phone interview, I needed to prompt them to reschedule. Shortly before the second, they requested a reschedule for the next day, which I agreed to, but I never heard from them for the second interview. After having been forgotten twice for phone interviews, I chose not to follow up again.

Interview Questions
    • There were no interview questions as I was never called for my scheduled interviews.   Answer Question

Online Marketing Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at FreeCause in September 2012.

The interview was extremely unprofessional. I spoke with the director of HR who was late for our call. She rushed through the interview and sounded as if she did not want to talk at all. The interview was less than ten minutes. In the end, she asked if I could come in to the office and we set a date. She told me she would email me with a time that works best. Ultimately, she never got back to me and completely blew me off. At a professional level, if she was not satisfied in me as a candidate, she should have come out and said that in the phone interview rather than wasting my time. I have never dealt with anything like this on the professional level, especially from the Director of HR.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult questions because the entire phone interview took 9 minutes   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at FreeCause in June 2011.

Interview was very smooth, both over phone and one on on. People were very communicative and open to explain company culture. There were some challenging questions, but very reasonable and nothing too difficult. Communication with company was very smooth, between emails and phone calls with HR to employees. Interviews were casual as well, conversational and not too demanding.

Interview Questions
    • What are three of your strengths and three of your weaknesses and how could these affect your work?   Answer Question

Worked for FreeCause? Contribute to the Community!