Freedom Mortgage

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.7

IT-Job Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Freedom Mortgage.

They ask scenarios, technical questions and where you live that way they can use it against you. Some of the questions are irrelevant to the position

Loan Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freedom Mortgage in March 2014.

I was told they have a great platform and that new leadership was going to push their entry into the retail arena successfully. They talked about how even though they failed before in setting up a retail presence in Texas, they were going to be successful this time. Boy was I a dupe to believe them.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really have one from them. In our business you can either produce or you can't... it is really me interviewing them.   Answer Question
    I had to prove my production and previous income, but after that it was fairly uncomplicated.

Junior Processor Interview

Interview

No, negotiation.

Senior DE Mortgage Underwriter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Freedom Mortgage.

Typical interview over the phone

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Freedom Mortgage.

Phone call then 2 in person interviews

Interview Questions

While negotating the details was informed they found someone for less money. Never heard of someone recinding an offer.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

interviewed at Freedom Mortgage in April 2013.

a phone interview then a face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • interview went ok, the basic interview questions were answered   Answer Question

Closing Recovery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Freedom Mortgage in January 2013.

Structured by pphone and live interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see with this company that benefits you versus your present employer.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Freedom Mortgage.

After submitting my resume, I did two phone interviews followed by an in person interview with the person who would be my manager and one other exec. After one more phone conversation, got an offer. During the interview itself, it was tough to get a feel for the culture of the company but was able to see the offices, layout, etc.

Interview Questions
    About two rounds of negotiations. No hardball tactics on either side. I'd have liked more but can't complain.

Junior Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freedom Mortgage in July 2012.

The hiring manager did not ask too much about my past work experience or any technical questions. She mostly asked simple questions such as where I lived and if I was willing to put in overtime during busy season (end of every month). Not much preparation goes into the hiring process, which highlights the lack of legitimacy at this company.

Interview Questions
    The salary was not negotiable. I was offered 30k/year with 1.5x pay over 40 hours/week, but I thought that was low. I attempted to raise the offer by leveraging my education and experience, but they did not budge at all.