Freelancer

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.8

Freelance Writer and Editor Interview

I work via the Guru.com web site. This is a paid site. You join as a freelancer of any type, from writer to data input to artist, etc. You must pay a fee for any job you do get. Jobs are bid on with the employer deciding who gets the job.

Interview Questions
    • None. There is no interview process. But you must write up a professional page about yourself and a resume.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. This is a fixed fee to join and you fix your own prices after that.

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freelancer in April 2012.

Recruiter found my resume posted. I have worked with this recruiter before. Recruiter emailed me and said hiring mangaer wants to interview you today in 3 hours. I had a good interview. Second interview is pending.

Interview Questions
    • He asked if I had experience wiht HP Asset Management.   View Answer
    I did not disucss salary in first interview. We discussed tasks, match potential, company project I would be working on .

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Freelancer in February 2012.

the process took about a few months since February, 2012 and still on the process

still processing the documentations

Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Freelancer in December 2009.

Beware of the lies management will tell you during interview. Know that they say they pay for 60% of your insurance, the truth is 40%.

Interview Questions
    • Can you keep quite about recalls and the fact that you may need to tell a customer that parts are available, when in realty we don't know?   View Answer
    There were no negotiations, the owner said "Take it, or leave it. We have many potential employees waiting to work here."

Web Developer Interview

General simple questions, about data structures and algorithms, like what is dictionary or a how to do binary sort.Basic data base design, a simple example with three table and two foreign keys. Some basic technical questions for my previous experience working with programming languages such as HTML, CSS, PHP, MYSQL, Javascript, jQuery.
        Contributions to open source communities, and more specific questions about my interests. Furthermore, what is my biggest advantage and disadvantage on my personality. How I would be a benefit to the team.

Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freelancer in September 2014.

A good chance to meet to people.You have to be in fluent in both English and Chinese, be easygoing. Show your confidence, be professional and be prepared about the basic information on each case. Better to choose something that interest you. Remember to wear formal dress. Don't be later for the interview. Last but not the least is to enjoy!

Interview Questions
    • When the speaker quotes from some books, so read more please.   Answer Question
    nothing

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Freelancer in September 2013.

Requirement Gathering and Documentations and Wireframes modelling

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freelancer.

Very thorough technical test - To get selected you will need to have very good knowledge in whatever specific area you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • What will the output of this code be.   View Answer
    • On the paper provided, write a function that does... (some behaviour)   View Answer
    They will use every tiny technical test mistakes to haggle you down. They will try to push it down as low as they possibly can so stick to your guns. The job is very demanding so you should demand a high pay - If they don't fold, just walk away.

Software Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Freelancer in August 2013.

Hire freelancers on freelance sites

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Freelancer.

One of the longest interviews I've had. Very in-depth and technical interview process. Very disappointed, however, that even after investing time in attending a number of interviews, they do not contact you to say yes or no.