Freelancer

Very Difficult Interview

Owner Interview

Owner
Beachwood, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Freelancer in December 2009.

Interview Details – Beware of the lies management will tell you during interview. Know that they say they pay for 60% of your insurance, the truth is 40%.

Interview Question – Can you keep quite about recalls and the fact that you may need to tell a customer that parts are available, when in realty we don't know?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations, the owner said "Take it, or leave it. We have many potential employees waiting to work here."

Freelance Writer and Editor Interview

Freelance Writer and Editor

Interviewed at Freelancer

Interview Details – I work via the Guru.com web site. This is a paid site. You join as a freelancer of any type, from writer to data input to artist, etc. You must pay a fee for any job you do get. Jobs are bid on with the employer deciding who gets the job.

Interview Question – None. There is no interview process. But you must write up a professional page about yourself and a resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. This is a fixed fee to join and you fix your own prices after that.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Buffalo, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Freelancer in February 2012.

Interview Details – the process took about a few months since February, 2012 and still on the process

Interview Question – experienced and capable of handling the machines.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – still processing the documentations

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Asset Management Analyst
Los Gatos, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freelancer in April 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter found my resume posted. I have worked with this recruiter before. Recruiter emailed me and said hiring mangaer wants to interview you today in 3 hours. I had a good interview. Second interview is pending.

Interview Question – He asked if I had experience wiht HP Asset Management.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not disucss salary in first interview. We discussed tasks, match potential, company project I would be working on .

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Ahmedabad (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Freelancer in September 2013.

Interview Details – Requirement Gathering and Documentations and Wireframes modelling

Interview Question – To Understand Non Technical client   Answer Question

Software Test Manager Interview

Software Test Manager
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Freelancer in August 2013.

Interview Details – Hire freelancers on freelance sites

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Freelancer.

Interview Details – Very thorough technical test - To get selected you will need to have very good knowledge in whatever specific area you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What will the output of this code be.   View Answer
  • On the paper provided, write a function that does... (some behaviour)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will use every tiny technical test mistakes to haggle you down. They will try to push it down as low as they possibly can so stick to your guns. The job is very demanding so you should demand a high pay - If they don't fold, just walk away.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Freelancer.

Interview Details – One of the longest interviews I've had. Very in-depth and technical interview process. Very disappointed, however, that even after investing time in attending a number of interviews, they do not contact you to say yes or no.

Interview Question – There were many...   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Freelance Graphic Designer Interview

Freelance Graphic Designer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Freelancer in November 2012.

Interview Details – Multitalented Professional Artist Working from Home. Work Experience in the fields of Visual Merchandising, Animation and Various forms and mediums of Graphic Arts. Otherwise, Please feel free to contact me further work with me.

Interview Question – "Please, Tell Us about your past working experience." > This is a indirect big question one has to answer politely. :)) in a inter'view'.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Freelancer in January 2010.

Interview Details – There is a clear hiring and interview process on that employment. At first people post a job on the web site to find a better and cheaper contractor . I usually bid on the web development job. Then they choose from a bunch of contractors like me. They make a short list. Than call for an interview. When they find the right guy. They hire. Here I always prefer to present me as a confident and well understood person and make my lower possible price to win the job.

Interview Question – What, if you leave the job on mid way?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Freelancer? Contribute to the Community!