Freelancers Union

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied online - interviewed at Freelancers Union in February 2013.

Interview Details – Emailed application, received a phone call a few days later to setup a phone interview - very basic phone interview with the HR rep. Received a call a few days later to schedule another phone interview, this time with a team member. This went well and a few days later I received a call for an in-person interview. After scheduling I had to ask the HR rep for details regarding whom I would speak with, what to expect, etc.

For the in-person interview I met the HR rep and sat at one of the cafe-style tables in the general meeting space, which was very loud as various teams were meeting all around. She explained the process (meet with 2 team members, then maybe 2 more, and fill out an application). I spoke with two Program Managers who were fairly young and energetic. We had a good conversation about the work, my background, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

For the second interview I met with the woman I spoke with on my 2nd phone interview, as well as the head of the Program Management division. She wasn't so friendly and, I could tell, was trying to "grill" me. I probably didn't answer some of her questions to her liking - I know I bombed one in particular - and I didn't end up getting the job.

HOWEVER, I was never notified after this interview experience. I immediately emailed Thank You's to every person I met with, scanned and emailed an article about projects similar to the one I was interviewing about within 5 days, and eventually called the HR rep about a week after my interview(s). NEVER HEARD A WORD. Talk about disrespectful.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation when a team member and a vendor began to quarrel?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freelancers Union in January 2012.

Interview Details – I've sent my resume via LinkedIn. Corporate recruiter contacted me via e-mail. Next I had phone interview with recruiter. After passing that I had another interview with Senior Business Analyst. I got very good review so I was asked for in-person interview. First in-person interview was with two other Senior Business Analysts, following interview with Project Manager. Up to this point everything was OK, PM has a open/anything-goes/not-prepared interviewing style asking non-relevant questions and formulating opinions based on that. This was the end of ride for me. Overall: all the people I spoke/met are not on time, making me excessively wait.

Interview Question – Standard questions: tell me about yourself, etc.   Answer Question

Information Architect Interview

Information Architect

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Freelancers Union in February 2011.

Interview Details – Freelancers Union moved very fast. Began with HR rep phone screen; was pulled in for in-person HR interview two days later, then a day of interviews (one-on-ones with three different directors) the next day, and a group interview with team colleagues two days later. Freelancers Union went from first contact to offer letter in one calendar week.

Interview Question – Describe how you would redesign an electronic voting machine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Named my upper limit and was immediately accepted.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Freelancers Union? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Freelancers Union interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Freelancers Union employees and interview candidates.