Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.8

Planner I Interview

Applied online, of course after several application not selected. Finally got an email notification with a phone number in order to setup an interview. Received a call the day and on the time scheduled. The Interview went 55 minutes instead of the 30 scheduled. Finally has been told that the hiring manager would called me back for an Interview related to the Department I would be assigned as workplace. Finally 20 days after the pre screen interview I have been called for another online interview with the hiring manager. We found an agreement with them for the September, 22.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold.

Had a screening phone interview. Then a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager a few weeks later. Interview went well, but I was not offered a position. Most of the question were simple such as: what is your favorite class? Why did you choose your major? What is a challenge you have faced in engineering? Talk about a time when you worked in a group.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold in May 2014.

My hiring process for the internship consisted of an application and phone interview. I did not have a face to face interview for the internship, but that is understandable as I was from out of state and travel is expensive.

Interview Questions
    • I was not expecting the safety question. As an HR person safety was not my first focus prior to working at Freeport.   Answer Question

Industrial Hygiene Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morenci, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morenci, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold.

Phone interview with department manager and would-be supervisor. Was given a conference call number and pin and called in for the interview. The Interview was mostly standard interview questions about my resume and education and then technical questions and lasted about 30 minutes. I don't recall any behavioral questions. Received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for intern salary but housing provided at discounted rate.

Senior Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Valley, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Valley, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold in March 2014.

Recieved only a phone screening. Was then told that I would be passed to the hiring manager on site but never heard anything back. I waited for over a month without being notified either way so I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the task of rolling out a policy or change that you do not agree with?   Answer Question

MIS Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold.

Video interview - easy interview , mainly behavoiral questions

Interview Questions
    • How would you work if you are stuck in some problem.   View Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold.

These folks move fast, then slow, then fast again. I have interviewed with them more than once and not once have they stayed within their self imposed deadlines for contacting me back.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Safford, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Safford, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold in February 2014.

Phone screening

Interview Questions
    • What is your desired salary? How did you over come when you conflict with your co-workers?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold.

More behavorial question and some technical

MIS Communications Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold.

2 Video Interviews, 1st interview was about 35 mins, and 2nd interview was 4 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time when you had to be a part of a team?   Answer Question