Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screening scheduled for a few weeks later. The hr person didn't call on time on the day scheduled so after an hour of waiting I called her and the screening was rescheduled for the next day. The next day she called three hours late. By the time I talked to her I was rather annoyed and might not have sounded as interested in the job, even though I really was.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold in April 2015.

Interview

Got an email to set up a phone interview. Was put on speaker phone with 2 woman from that mine. Didn't seem interested in interviewing me, I think they had other things to do. Told me I would get an email the next week and I never heard back. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What leadership experience do you have? What is your GPA? Talk about a time you were a leader of a group. Talk about a time you had a bad group experience and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

IT Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied to on-line posting and heard back in a week that they wanted to do a phone screen (i.e. I had won the "job lottery"). After phone screen with recruiter, was scheduled to come in for an interview. Met with two groups of 2 people, as scheduled on my interview itinerary, my prospective boss among them. In general, the interview discussions were quite casual. I had spent the day before preparing to answer any questions about the job description and my qualifications (a good exercise in any case!) but really didn't need to use any of the information to answer any of the questions. Was supposed to meet with IT Sr. Director but apparently there was some "emergency" that called him away; got some vaguely favorable "he's heard from the people you talked to, so it's probably not necessary anyway." Also, did not get to meet again with the Sr. HR person who met me upon arrival; he sent a much more junior person who didn't have any insight into the way forward on their hiring process. It all ended pretty suddenly (and early) with me being escorted to the elevator and sent down to the ground floor exit. Then after 6 weeks of waiting, I got a rejection letter via email.

Interview Questions

• What were your responsibilities in your last position?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold.

Interview

Phone interview with two technical members, I applied through their website and did not get a response until a month after I had submitted an application, I applied to several locations. The time with which they may respond varies by place and postition. Overall I got the opportunity to interview at half the places I applied, and the questions asked did not differ much.

Laborer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (El Paso, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and within 1 1/2 weeks I received a phone call to schedule interview which was 2 days later. The lady in HR was very nice and helpful. One thing I will say is pay attention to the signs leading up to the building, i.e. speed limits. They will ask you what the sign said to see if you are observant.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to leave my current, they asked why I wanted to work for them. Pretty typical questions. However, I was interviewed by 4 people.   Answer Question

Metallurgist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deming, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Deming, NM) in January 2015.

Interview

Very long, dealt with HR for 3 months before the on site interview Oddly, only about 3 technical questions which I hit out of the ball park. There seemed to be no point in further questions. The rest (about 6 hours long) dealt with supervisory skills and attitudes to see how I would be a fit in the organization.

Interview Questions

• 1) Here are yesterdays assays. What does this tell you? 2) Name me a book you read recently. Who was the author? 3) Here are graphs of pump performance in a circuit. What do you think is wrong with the pump? 4) Think of your most hated boss. What did you admire about him? 5) Think of your best boss. What did you dislike about him?   1 Answer

Metallurgist Interview

Interview

it was a 30 minutes telephonic interview with questions on safety awareness, leadership skills and about the company. they describe their work and ask u why u want to work for them

Senior Health & Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morenci, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Morenci, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was amazing and the interviewees were very thorough to making sure that you knew what you claimed you knew. I was very impressed and didn't feel like I was being drilled, It was a very comfortable pleasant interview that was based in my skills and knowing my job.

Interview Questions

• They asked what some acronyms stood foor? Such as ANSI, MSHA, OSHA   1 Answer

Metallurgical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online for intern position. Got call from HR after 10 days of application to fix interview date. It was 30 min phone interview by three senior technical employee. I herd back positive response from them a week after interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview started with basic question about me followed by technical question about metallurgical filed more focused towards mineral processing.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold.

Interview

Applied online and got a call after 3 weeks for scheduling an interview. The interview was on phone and there was one manager taking the interview. It lasted for about 30 minutes. Only Phone Interview no onsite!

Interview Questions

• Not really.....Tell me something about yourself? Tell me about the company?   Answer Question