Freescale Semiconductor DESIGN Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got the interview opportunity at a convention. The interviewer was not from my own area. She was very nice and polite. Mostly went through my resume and was looking to see if I have experienced related to the position.

Interview Questions

• Both behavioral (to see if I am motivated enough) and questions about my past experiences mentioned on my resume   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Freescale Semiconductor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the job posting. I was contacted by the hiring manager through e-mail and he set up a time for phone interview. Phone interview was less than 30 minutes long. He came back saying he would like to bring me for onsite interview. Onsite interview was from 9 AM - 2 PM including a 1-hour lunch break. Interview was cool. I appreciate the way interviewers handled each round. My hiring manager initially gave me an overview about the team and scope of the role for which I was being interviewed. I did not feel like the interview was particularly tough, but I enjoyed the rounds.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked me to draw state machines to detect a particular pattern. I was not really prepared for it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was completely happy with the offer considering the work, team, city and money.

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Full day interview, without any job-wise challenging questions The interview atmosphere is kept mysterious, which prevents to interact in any ways with current employees and takes away a chance to sense the atmosphere within the group itself

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

hired through recommendation by a friend who was working there from last two years. first mcq's based on analog electronics and then a interview . your approach should to find the solution but not the correct answer(I mean how u think)

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in August 2014.

Interview

It was campus placement process. Written test followed by interview rounds. Written test had questions from cmos, state machines, analog, digital. Test was a difficult one. Interview was based on designing machine. Questions related to state machines, mealy machines, moore machines. Are mealy moore inter-convertible? What is Cache memory? Why is it used? Why is it faster than normal memory? If it's faster then why don't we replace ram by cache. Asked about one or two projects from my cv.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to design the machine that delivers a toy when a coin is inserted.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Noida (India)).

Interview

1 written test (subjective) - includes questions related to both analog and digital (cmos specifically) 2 technical interviews - includes knowledge in microprocessors and cmos circuits .Also STA concepts really imp. 1 HR round.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult Question - Why not TI or Qualcomm and why freescale ? :P   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Written, followed by tech interview & hr

Negotiation

On campus. So no negotiation.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Noida (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

i am from university of delhi . the freescale semiconductor private limited came to the campus for recruitment. they took technical paper the tech paper consists of 15 ques subjective the questions from analog and digital after shortlisting they took three interview round first two were technical after that there was hr round.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

For design engineer they ask the digital electronics thoroughly. one can refer to previous year papers , as question were repeated during my time. interview will be cool and will mostly consists question from your resume and projects. but Also be aware of company's development in the field you are applying for..i wanst.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

presentation followed by a technical written exam which was subjective in nature followed by two technical interviews

Interview Questions

• things were inline with the technical nature of exam and interview   Answer Question