Freescale Semiconductor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in July 2011.

Phone interview by the hiring manager was followed by a scheduled 9-5 on-site interview with all group members, uppre management and a few others in different groups but same discipline. Initially met my the manager and escorted around my manager or office administrator. Different people had different styloes of questioning, there was no fixed format. Questions rarely pertained to the resume or skill set I presented, but were rather more oriented to job description. Hardly had time for any questions of my own. Lunch with manager on-site was casual and comfortable.

Interview Questions
Do negotiate, it should not negatively affect the offer. I had to produce documentaion for whatever I claimed, my previous salary, bonus, stocks etc however. Negotiations are handled by HR so there was no hesitation on my part with regards to dealing with my Manager.