Freescale Semiconductor

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – I received a call and had three people interview me for the first round which was fairly easy. They asked me questions about C and Perl which were all basic questions. The second round was a couple of days later with five people interviewing me. They asked me questions pertaining to optimization and web interfacing. I did decently well got rejected.

Interview Question – It was not very difficult. I thought the interview process was easy.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consisted three rounds. The questions were mostly on networking concepts and academic projects.

Interview Question – About the wireless concepts   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very fair

Interview Question – What can you contribute   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just more questions

Intern
East Kilbride, Scotland (UK)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Quick phone interview followed by an on site technical internview.

Interview Question – Why is C a good language to use for embedded systems   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation; intern salary was fixed

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2012.

Interview Details – Screening of Resume and then a telephonic interview.

Interview Question – what would the result be if you try to access the address pointed to by the last node of a linked list?   View Answer

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was at lab and got a phone call after about two weeks I sent my resume to an alumni who worked there. They were the alumni and his manager, and they said they want to interview with me about my intern application in his group. They were looking for thermal modeling and simulation. So, I was asked what software I was familiar with, to what application I used the software for, and what courses I took about heat transfer. It was very sudden and I did not have time to prepare at all. I did my best to answer those questions based on my recall. The conversation was very technical orientated but not difficult. About another two weeks, they emailed me that I was offered the intern position. Then there were just routine and typical paper works. I would say the company paid interns pretty good at that time. And I learned a lot in that summer. That is my first career experience.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was familiar with a software which is common in circuit design but not related to CFD. I feel they were very interested in if I knew it.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Freescale Semiconductor

Worked for Freescale Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Freescale Semiconductor Intern interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Freescale Semiconductor employees and interview candidates.