Freescale Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in August 2014.

It is a phone interview. I was interviewed by the engineer in the group. We talked about my background and the projects I have accomplished. And then she asked me some problem solving question.

Interview Questions
    • What are TCP and UDP? What are the differences between them?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Tech Interview

Look, the interview is the least predictable tool for future perfomance. It ranks dead last. 1000's of studies have been done to prove this simple fact. The people at Freescale are clueless to this knowledge. If you are a BS'r, all you need is a good script to lie about your qualifications. You will get hired.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask a question that has no answer. They want to make you squirm a bit. Be honest, have them repeat the question several times, but do not answer. Just say I do not understand the question therefore I will not proceed to give an answer for a solution to a problem I do not understand. Which of course is the correct answer.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in April 2014.

I applied online for the job posting. I was contacted by the hiring manager through e-mail and he set up a time for phone interview. Phone interview was less than 30 minutes long. He came back saying he would like to bring me for onsite interview. Onsite interview was from 9 AM - 2 PM including a 1-hour lunch break. Interview was cool. I appreciate the way interviewers handled each round. My hiring manager initially gave me an overview about the team and scope of the role for which I was being interviewed. I did not feel like the interview was particularly tough, but I enjoyed the rounds.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked me to draw state machines to detect a particular pattern. I was not really prepared for it.   Answer Question
    I was completely happy with the offer considering the work, team, city and money.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in April 2014.

took long to get interviewed in person. great team and experience. each company has ups and downs. phone interview was straight forward. They will not make you an offer immediately as expected.

MEMS Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

The process took three weeks. There where two rounds. Phone interview was straightforward. Onsite demanded us to do most of the talking and were judged by that. There were 7 one on one interviews. It was very exhaustive but a learning experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were not many difficult questions. They ask from the resume and then mostly HR questions.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Full day interview broken into 30 minute interviews with various team members. Most disciplines were represented including senior management. Focus was on how to business was won in previous role. Customer relationships and general industry knowledge. Team was very open on the interview process and the skills they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions relating to Freescale product specific information.   Answer Question

Product/Test Engineer Interview

interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in March 2014.

Applied through their website. Received a call back after about 2 months. Email conversation to setup a technical phone interview then a site interview followed. Site interview included a tour of their facility (which is very nice, by the way) and about six interviews with direct managers, team members, and members from related teams.

Interview Questions
    • None. All were fair game CE and process engineering questions.   Answer Question

Product Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in April 2010.

Recruiter conacts me via email and have a brief phone screening. The hiring manager conducted phone interview with me. An on-site interview was conducted 2 weeks later with 3 manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to improve supply chain efficiency?   View Answer
    Little room for negotiation

Intern Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in February 2014.

It was a phone interview

Manager asked about the projects and work experience
    Asked few questions related to computer architecture, FPGA
    Manager was interested to call me on site. My visa status didnt allow me to work on internship, so was declined

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Get a phone interview after career fair. Ask about my motivation, some background checks on device driver programming and algorithm. No detail technical question asked. Then some behavior questions about what is your next 5 year plan.

Worked for Freescale Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!