Freescale Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

Interviewed at school with manager. Took about 2 weeks for a response. Then onsite technical interview with team members. Overall, RF and IC fundamentals. Nothing too bad if you've learned it

Interview Questions

• Mostly RF and IC topics. Smith charts, impedance matching, etc   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got the interview opportunity at a convention. The interviewer was not from my own area. She was very nice and polite. Mostly went through my resume and was looking to see if I have experienced related to the position.

Interview Questions

• Both behavioral (to see if I am motivated enough) and questions about my past experiences mentioned on my resume   1 Answer

RFIC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

First got a phone interview from the hiring manager asking about general information like work and research experience, and PhD graduation plan. Then scheduled an on-site interview with HR. The one day technical interview includes a research presentation with Q&A session, then seven individual meetings with engineers and managers including a phone interview with a manager from other site. Lunch with the team.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I found them at a convention, they almost turned me away by giving me the old apply online scheme, and then I blurted out my experience related to the position and they signed me up for an interview. They seem to want people that demonstrate interest in their company and have an idea of what they want to do with Freescale.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your Resume.   1 Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview

whole day interview, multiple people ask questions, typically very easy questions with most of focus on the resume only. whole day interview, multiple people ask questions, typically very easy questions with most of focus on the resume only. whole day interview, multiple people ask questions, typically very easy questions with most of focus on the resume only.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in February 2015.

Interview

i applied online and then got an email from the hiring manager for the phone interview. Like the normal phone screen interview, first the hiring manager talked about himself a little bit and about the position. Then he ask me what do i do in my current job. What's the challenge part of my current job. i think the interview questions are standard ones. Then one week later, i got an reject email.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

good experience in this interview. But they did not offer enough money. I have good experience in semiconductors. sure to lend something better in the future. I am interested in a company which values my experience in this field. I can do many things in design, simulations, and manufacturing. I can help a lot.

not enough money

Test Engineer IV Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in November 2014.

Interview

Got interviewed on phone by the hiring manager and 3 engineers. Interview on-site with same engineers and 6 managers. Most technical questions is easy to answer. The hiring process from the interview to job offer took 4 months to complete.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Have to negotiate for the 6% seller commission.

Technical Documentation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

It took over 4 months. The manager of the department asked for a lot of feedback that turned out to be very senseless and random. When I requested clarification from my recruiter, they couldn't get any.

Interview Questions

• Look at our documentation online   1 Answer
    • Do you know FrameMaker, and, if not, how will you be able to use FrameMaker? How long will it take you to become familiar with FrameMaker and do you think you will be able to build templates for us in FrameMaker.   1 Answer

Interview

Conducted the first phone interview. Some behavior and technical interview describing the position requirements and the company culture. The interviewer was very friendly and wanted me to join her group.