Freescale Semiconductor Interview Questions & Reviews

104 interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

I received a call and had three people interview me for the first round which was fairly easy. They asked me questions about C and Perl which were all basic questions. The second round was a couple of days later with five people interviewing me. They asked me questions pertaining to optimization and web interfacing. I did decently well got rejected.

Interview Questions
    • It was not very difficult. I thought the interview process was easy.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Work experience and project related questions. Some basic programming questions . Hiring manager was friendly

Matched offer

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

The process was quite good. There were no programming questions, just went over the background, asked about some previous projects, knowledge/familiarity abt different tools/technologies.

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2013.

Submitted my resume and added to candidate pool. Contacted directly by a manager over the phone. Simple questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

Not interested in the work.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2013.

Was mailed a few days before the interview call. Couple of hiring persons called up (conference) and introduced and asked my details. Went about their work culture and a day in their organization. Went through a quick fire questions round. Was given situations and was asked to how I would handle those.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected Questions. Questions based on how I deal with particular situations were asked.   Answer Question

Analog Applications Group Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2013.

The interview has been conducted over phone. There were two HR's in line. Most of the questions were about my resume. They asked the details about all my projects and presentations. They also explained about the position they are looking for. The interview went for 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • They gave a real time situation and asked me to give a solution for that. The question is about connecting the motors to a controller.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2013.

on campus interview. Did ask any coding questions, just asked about why I chose major in CS and why I want to work with them. I didn't get the offer, but they didn't actually contact me about that.

Interview Questions
    • try to contact the recruiter if you don't hear from them for more than three weeks after interview   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Submitted application for a job on the web. Received a phone call from the hiring manager within a couple weeks which resulted in an on-site interview with 4-5 people, representing a range of functions and management levels. People were friendly and disclosed quite a bit about the current environment & challenges they were facing. Interviews were straight forward.

Not very open to negotiation. HR was of little help.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in November 2013.

Great experience to integrate with the RF Military team. If you are not an Electrical Engineer do not bother interviewing. They say they are pro veteran/ military however; the Engineer's are not sincere nor respect transitioning business students from the military.It was a very humiliating experience.

Interview Questions
    • What have you ever done technical? (not unexpected but condescending unless BSEE and/or MSEE ask this a lot)   View Answers (2)

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2010.

I met with the hiring manager as well as 5 team members separately. The atmosphere was informal with no hardball questions. The usual focus on past specific experience.

Interview Questions
    The offer was good so I did not negotiate.