Freescale Semiconductor

Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.9

MEMS Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

The process took three weeks. There where two rounds. Phone interview was straightforward. Onsite demanded us to do most of the talking and were judged by that. There were 7 one on one interviews. It was very exhaustive but a learning experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were not many difficult questions. They ask from the resume and then mostly HR questions.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Full day interview broken into 30 minute interviews with various team members. Most disciplines were represented including senior management. Focus was on how to business was won in previous role. Customer relationships and general industry knowledge. Team was very open on the interview process and the skills they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions relating to Freescale product specific information.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in April 2014.

I applied online for the job posting. I was contacted by the hiring manager through e-mail and he set up a time for phone interview. Phone interview was less than 30 minutes long. He came back saying he would like to bring me for onsite interview. Onsite interview was from 9 AM - 2 PM including a 1-hour lunch break. Interview was cool. I appreciate the way interviewers handled each round. My hiring manager initially gave me an overview about the team and scope of the role for which I was being interviewed. I did not feel like the interview was particularly tough, but I enjoyed the rounds.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked me to draw state machines to detect a particular pattern. I was not really prepared for it.   Answer Question
    I was completely happy with the offer considering the work, team, city and money.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in April 2014.

took long to get interviewed in person. great team and experience. each company has ups and downs. phone interview was straight forward. They will not make you an offer immediately as expected.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Get a phone interview after career fair. Ask about my motivation, some background checks on device driver programming and algorithm. No detail technical question asked. Then some behavior questions about what is your next 5 year plan.

Product/Test Engineer Interview

interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in March 2014.

Applied through their website. Received a call back after about 2 months. Email conversation to setup a technical phone interview then a site interview followed. Site interview included a tour of their facility (which is very nice, by the way) and about six interviews with direct managers, team members, and members from related teams.

Interview Questions
    • None. All were fair game CE and process engineering questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Phone interview, non-technical. Some behavioral question about the team work, like how do you deal with the situation when people have disagreement, what do you do if the team member don't spend time on his job... Asked about why do you choose computer science, and what is the biggest decision you've made... The most difficult part in one of your project... Last the manager asked if you have any question you would like him to ask you and if you have any question to ask him...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

I received a call and had three people interview me for the first round which was fairly easy. They asked me questions about C and Perl which were all basic questions. The second round was a couple of days later with five people interviewing me. They asked me questions pertaining to optimization and web interfacing. I did decently well got rejected.

Interview Questions
    • It was not very difficult. I thought the interview process was easy.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Work experience and project related questions. Some basic programming questions . Hiring manager was friendly

Matched offer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

The process was quite good. There were no programming questions, just went over the background, asked about some previous projects, knowledge/familiarity abt different tools/technologies.