Freescale Semiconductor

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in April 2014.

took long to get interviewed in person. great team and experience. each company has ups and downs. phone interview was straight forward. They will not make you an offer immediately as expected.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Get a phone interview after career fair. Ask about my motivation, some background checks on device driver programming and algorithm. No detail technical question asked. Then some behavior questions about what is your next 5 year plan.

Product/Test Engineer Interview

interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in March 2014.

Applied through their website. Received a call back after about 2 months. Email conversation to setup a technical phone interview then a site interview followed. Site interview included a tour of their facility (which is very nice, by the way) and about six interviews with direct managers, team members, and members from related teams.

Interview Questions
    • None. All were fair game CE and process engineering questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Phone interview, non-technical. Some behavioral question about the team work, like how do you deal with the situation when people have disagreement, what do you do if the team member don't spend time on his job... Asked about why do you choose computer science, and what is the biggest decision you've made... The most difficult part in one of your project... Last the manager asked if you have any question you would like him to ask you and if you have any question to ask him...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

I received a call and had three people interview me for the first round which was fairly easy. They asked me questions about C and Perl which were all basic questions. The second round was a couple of days later with five people interviewing me. They asked me questions pertaining to optimization and web interfacing. I did decently well got rejected.

Interview Questions
    • It was not very difficult. I thought the interview process was easy.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Work experience and project related questions. Some basic programming questions . Hiring manager was friendly

Matched offer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

The process was quite good. There were no programming questions, just went over the background, asked about some previous projects, knowledge/familiarity abt different tools/technologies.

Intern Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in February 2014.

It was a phone interview

Manager asked about the projects and work experience
    Asked few questions related to computer architecture, FPGA
    Manager was interested to call me on site. My visa status didnt allow me to work on internship, so was declined

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Submitted application for a job on the web. Received a phone call from the hiring manager within a couple weeks which resulted in an on-site interview with 4-5 people, representing a range of functions and management levels. People were friendly and disclosed quite a bit about the current environment & challenges they were facing. Interviews were straight forward.

Not very open to negotiation. HR was of little help.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2013.

Was mailed a few days before the interview call. Couple of hiring persons called up (conference) and introduced and asked my details. Went about their work culture and a day in their organization. Went through a quick fire questions round. Was given situations and was asked to how I would handle those.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected Questions. Questions based on how I deal with particular situations were asked.   Answer Question