Freescale Semiconductor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was mailed a few days before the interview call. Couple of hiring persons called up (conference) and introduced and asked my details. Went about their work culture and a day in their organization. Went through a quick fire questions round. Was given situations and was asked to how I would handle those.

Interview Question – No unexpected Questions. Questions based on how I deal with particular situations were asked.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2013.

Interview Details – on campus interview. Did ask any coding questions, just asked about why I chose major in CS and why I want to work with them. I didn't get the offer, but they didn't actually contact me about that.

Interview Question – try to contact the recruiter if you don't hear from them for more than three weeks after interview   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Submitted application for a job on the web. Received a phone call from the hiring manager within a couple weeks which resulted in an on-site interview with 4-5 people, representing a range of functions and management levels. People were friendly and disclosed quite a bit about the current environment & challenges they were facing. Interviews were straight forward.

Negotiation Details – Not very open to negotiation. HR was of little help.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Assistant Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in November 2013.

Interview Details – Great experience to integrate with the RF Military team. If you are not an Electrical Engineer do not bother interviewing. They say they are pro veteran/ military however; the Engineer's are not sincere nor respect transitioning business students from the military.It was a very humiliating experience.

Interview Question – What have you ever done technical? (not unexpected but condescending unless BSEE and/or MSEE ask this a lot)   View Answers (2)

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the hiring manager as well as 5 team members separately. The atmosphere was informal with no hardball questions. The usual focus on past specific experience.

Interview Question – Nothing strongly out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was good so I did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Intern
Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consisted three rounds. The questions were mostly on networking concepts and academic projects.

Interview Question – About the wireless concepts   Answer Question

Individual Contributor III Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Hired out of grad school. Interview was very extensive and detail oriented. Included technical and behavioral questions. Generally the hiring manager, few of his group members, his manager, and some of his peer manager take part as interviewer.

Interview Question – Can't recall anything difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As with any job offers, the best time to get raise is during your hiring. So, make you sure you at least try to get what you think you should be getting.

Electrical Engineer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Interview including technical questions

Interview Question – how do you build a comparator IC level   Answer Question

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – It was really fast and overall very good. I was interviewed by my manager and RH

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a supply chain specialist?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was ok, however very Little room for negotiation. Do not expect an extraordinary salary it will be more likely an industry average

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through on campus recruiting. I received a call to interview with them next day on campus. The interview was very short, about 30 minutes. It was mainly focused on my resume. There were two engineers taking my interview and were from two different discipline with in Freescale. They asked me in detail about my senior capstone project and made me draw the circuit design and block diagram design of my project.

Interview Question – It was straightforward interview. There was nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Freescale Semiconductor