Freescale Semiconductor Interview Questions & Reviews

104 interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2012.

Interview consisted three rounds. The questions were mostly on networking concepts and academic projects.

Individual Contributor III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Hired out of grad school. Interview was very extensive and detail oriented. Included technical and behavioral questions. Generally the hiring manager, few of his group members, his manager, and some of his peer manager take part as interviewer.

Interview Questions
    As with any job offers, the best time to get raise is during your hiring. So, make you sure you at least try to get what you think you should be getting.

Electrical Engineer Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview including technical questions

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

It was really fast and overall very good. I was interviewed by my manager and RH

Interview Questions
    it was ok, however very Little room for negotiation. Do not expect an extraordinary salary it will be more likely an industry average

Product Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2012.

I submitted my resume through on campus recruiting. I received a call to interview with them next day on campus. The interview was very short, about 30 minutes. It was mainly focused on my resume. There were two engineers taking my interview and were from two different discipline with in Freescale. They asked me in detail about my senior capstone project and made me draw the circuit design and block diagram design of my project.

Interview Questions
    • It was straightforward interview. There was nothing difficult.   Answer Question

IT Eng Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in May 2009.

I was a strategic hire so the process was less formal. I showed up in suit and tie in June and they laughed. Corporate casual would have been acceptable I believe. I sat before a interview panel of 2 mid-level IT operations managers. They knew nothing about what I was to be hired to do - all they knew is that I KNEW what needed to be done and the interview remained largely non-technical.

Interview Questions
    • "Would I mind working from home at times?"   View Answer
    I did not negotiate - the offer was very generous.

Senior Process Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in June 2010.

(1) Freescale HR contacted me via phone and email. (2) Phone interview with hiring manager. (3) Face to face with a panel of 5 employees in that department (managers and non manager engineers). (4) Face to face with just hiring manager. (5) HR benefits review. (6) Received offer in the mail 4-5 days later. (7) Accepted. (8) Hiring manager fresh out of the Air Force and clueless about the technology. (9) Non manager engineers equally clueless about the technology. (10) Evident from the beginning that the employees did not possess the technical skills and knowledge needed to do the job and had just been promoted into the positions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to set up a manufacturing process on the tool I would be responsible for.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in June 2013.

Very fair

Just more questions

Testing Interview

Telephonic interview first. was asked a lot about testing tools. then a lot was asked on the basis of my resume. A lot of questions regarding the projects and the seminars which were put on my resume.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in November 2009.

I was brought in as a temporary assignment and then was hired on.

Once I was hired I was able to negotiated a higher salary in just under 12 months.