Freescale Semiconductor

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

The whole process was very nice, people did not ask very harsh problems at all. I can feel it is a very friendly and supportive environment and there are a lot of learning opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • There is no too difficult questions cuz they are very friendly and ask questions related to what I did   Answer Question

CAD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in March 2013.

Received a request for over email. Accepted it for a later date as I was traveling.
    Manager was very good to me but hardly asked any question apart from my resume and internship experience . Planned 30 min interview ended in 25 mins (Most of which went on job description and role) . Manger indicated that my exposure to tools were relevant to the job but hardly asked anything technical or generic.
    Was not called for an onsite interview.

Process Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Submitted resume thru friend and on Web site, Followed thru with formal interview - all day interview on site with 3 managers and approximately 2 engineers; Was contacted about offer frmo HR and by mail. Accepted but pushed back start date to give current employer more time to back fill my old position.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions were asked about education on resume. I was asked about a situatio leadership class I have taken about 10 years ago.   View Answer
    Worked thru HR - I did not negotiate too much. Did feel that I was under paid due to sharing too much of existing salary. Next time I would hold back and ensure that salary is commensurate with responsibility of new position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2012.

Interview consisted three rounds. The questions were mostly on networking concepts and academic projects.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

2 Interviews and the empolyees seem to be sluggish and not enthusiastic about their work. It appeared to be an older generation that has been beaten down for many years. No excitement what so every.

Interview Questions
    Would not negotiate, no sign on bonus.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2012.

Interviewed in Austin, the headquarter. 5 interviewers from different groups, most of them asked general questions. And some questions from my resume. Not that hard. And before that, I prepared a lot of questions for embedded system. But it seems not useful.

No negotiation because I'm a fresh graduate

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2012.

I submitted my resume through on campus recruiting. I received a call to interview with them next day on campus. The interview was very short, about 30 minutes. It was mainly focused on my resume. There were two engineers taking my interview and were from two different discipline with in Freescale. They asked me in detail about my senior capstone project and made me draw the circuit design and block diagram design of my project.

Interview Questions
    • It was straightforward interview. There was nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in March 2012.

I contacted a recruiter with Freescale to have an informational interview with her about the company. What started out as a 15-20 min informational interview quickly turned into a 45 minute phone screen. From there I had another phone screeen with the hiring manager and then was invited in for in person intervierws with the team. I had f2f interviews with several team members and then was invited back for a final interview wiht the woman who I would be covering for while she was out on medical leave.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a specific situation. What's your experience with sharepoint?   Answer Question
    There was no negotioations as this was a contract position.

Embedded Software V&V Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2011.

Initial phone interview involved just a quick walk through of the resume to make sure the profile matches with the job requirement, then next day, i had technical interview for about 35 minutes. Questions consisted of embedded concepts like shared memory, message queues, semaphores, global memory, address spacing, memory maps, flash programming, Interrupt service routine programming, RTOS, wireless network setup, hardware used, serial protocol interface, i2c, uart etc..

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in July 2011.

Phone interview by the hiring manager was followed by a scheduled 9-5 on-site interview with all group members, uppre management and a few others in different groups but same discipline. Initially met my the manager and escorted around my manager or office administrator. Different people had different styloes of questioning, there was no fixed format. Questions rarely pertained to the resume or skill set I presented, but were rather more oriented to job description. Hardly had time for any questions of my own. Lunch with manager on-site was casual and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    Do negotiate, it should not negatively affect the offer. I had to produce documentaion for whatever I claimed, my previous salary, bonus, stocks etc however. Negotiations are handled by HR so there was no hesitation on my part with regards to dealing with my Manager.