Freescale Semiconductor

103 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – The whole process was very nice, people did not ask very harsh problems at all. I can feel it is a very friendly and supportive environment and there are a lot of learning opportunities.

Interview Question – There is no too difficult questions cuz they are very friendly and ask questions related to what I did   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Tempe, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2009.

Interview Details – During the interview process, I spoke with 5 individuals asking questions about the work that I had done in the past. The questions were geared toward my background knowledge in the area that I was applying to. The employees were trying to guage my work ethic and my experience to decide if I would be a good fit for their team.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was to explain the time vs voltage graph of a discharging capacitor. I wasn't expecting school related type textbook questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't have to negotiate too much because I was offered very close to what I had wanted.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed in Austin, the headquarter. 5 interviewers from different groups, most of them asked general questions. And some questions from my resume. Not that hard. And before that, I prepared a lot of questions for embedded system. But it seems not useful.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because I'm a fresh graduate

Process Engineering Manager Interview

Process Engineering Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Submitted resume thru friend and on Web site, Followed thru with formal interview - all day interview on site with 3 managers and approximately 2 engineers; Was contacted about offer frmo HR and by mail. Accepted but pushed back start date to give current employer more time to back fill my old position.

Interview Question – Several questions were asked about education on resume. I was asked about a situatio leadership class I have taken about 10 years ago.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Worked thru HR - I did not negotiate too much. Did feel that I was under paid due to sharing too much of existing salary. Next time I would hold back and ensure that salary is commensurate with responsibility of new position.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews and the empolyees seem to be sluggish and not enthusiastic about their work. It appeared to be an older generation that has been beaten down for many years. No excitement what so every.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Would not negotiate, no sign on bonus.

Very Easy Interview

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in March 2012.

Interview Details – I contacted a recruiter with Freescale to have an informational interview with her about the company. What started out as a 15-20 min informational interview quickly turned into a 45 minute phone screen. From there I had another phone screeen with the hiring manager and then was invited in for in person intervierws with the team. I had f2f interviews with several team members and then was invited back for a final interview wiht the woman who I would be covering for while she was out on medical leave.

Interview Question – How would you handle a specific situation. What's your experience with sharepoint?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotioations as this was a contract position.

IC Design Engineer Interview

IC Design Engineer
Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview by the hiring manager was followed by a scheduled 9-5 on-site interview with all group members, uppre management and a few others in different groups but same discipline. Initially met my the manager and escorted around my manager or office administrator. Different people had different styloes of questioning, there was no fixed format. Questions rarely pertained to the resume or skill set I presented, but were rather more oriented to job description. Hardly had time for any questions of my own. Lunch with manager on-site was casual and comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Do negotiate, it should not negatively affect the offer. I had to produce documentaion for whatever I claimed, my previous salary, bonus, stocks etc however. Negotiations are handled by HR so there was no hesitation on my part with regards to dealing with my Manager.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Austin, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in May 2011.

Interview Details – About 2 weeks after submitting my application, i was contacted by email by the hiring manager and had a phone interview with the manager. HR then contacted me about an onsite interview. This interview was 1:1 with about a 6 people followed by a presentation. HR contacted me a week later and told me they would be giving me an offer, and asked what sort of compensation I was expecting. After a long delay (2-3 weeks) I received a written offer for the exact compensation I requested

Interview Question – I was presented with a competitive situational scenario about the industry, which I had little knowledge of.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was directly asked for my salary request, which was granted. I expected them to negotiate down, yet I received a $22K raise over my current salary.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Technical Program Manager
Tempe, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very quick interview process - one phone screen and then a 3 hour 3 person interview. In the end, the hiring manager relied on his perceptions from the interview and feedback from many employees in the company that had worked with me before.

Interview Question – For a PM position, all questions were related to past program experiences   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Company was pretty creative with job offer, but not willing to negotiate

Embedded Software V&V Engineer Interview

Embedded Software V&V Engineer
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview involved just a quick walk through of the resume to make sure the profile matches with the job requirement, then next day, i had technical interview for about 35 minutes. Questions consisted of embedded concepts like shared memory, message queues, semaphores, global memory, address spacing, memory maps, flash programming, Interrupt service routine programming, RTOS, wireless network setup, hardware used, serial protocol interface, i2c, uart etc..

Interview Questions