Freescale Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.9

Electrical Engineer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview including technical questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in June 2013.

Very fair

Just more questions

Testing Interview

Telephonic interview first. was asked a lot about testing tools. then a lot was asked on the basis of my resume. A lot of questions regarding the projects and the seminars which were put on my resume.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

The whole process was very nice, people did not ask very harsh problems at all. I can feel it is a very friendly and supportive environment and there are a lot of learning opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • There is no too difficult questions cuz they are very friendly and ask questions related to what I did   Answer Question

CAD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in March 2013.

Received a request for over email. Accepted it for a later date as I was traveling.
    Manager was very good to me but hardly asked any question apart from my resume and internship experience . Planned 30 min interview ended in 25 mins (Most of which went on job description and role) . Manger indicated that my exposure to tools were relevant to the job but hardly asked anything technical or generic.
    Was not called for an onsite interview.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in March 2013.

Applied online and received a call from the recruiter. She scheduled a phone interview and then I was invited in. Extended an offer a day or two after the interview for $10k less than requested. However, you are able to negotiate salary a bit. Just be sure that you understand what pay grade you will be because otherwise you will get stuck at the top of a lower grade (which is never a good place to be in a company like this).

Interview Questions
    • All basic resume review. Not really anything thought provoking.   Answer Question
    Salary is negotiable.

Process Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Submitted resume thru friend and on Web site, Followed thru with formal interview - all day interview on site with 3 managers and approximately 2 engineers; Was contacted about offer frmo HR and by mail. Accepted but pushed back start date to give current employer more time to back fill my old position.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions were asked about education on resume. I was asked about a situatio leadership class I have taken about 10 years ago.   View Answer
    Worked thru HR - I did not negotiate too much. Did feel that I was under paid due to sharing too much of existing salary. Next time I would hold back and ensure that salary is commensurate with responsibility of new position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2012.

Interview consisted three rounds. The questions were mostly on networking concepts and academic projects.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

2 Interviews and the empolyees seem to be sluggish and not enthusiastic about their work. It appeared to be an older generation that has been beaten down for many years. No excitement what so every.

Interview Questions
    Would not negotiate, no sign on bonus.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2012.

Interviewed in Austin, the headquarter. 5 interviewers from different groups, most of them asked general questions. And some questions from my resume. Not that hard. And before that, I prepared a lot of questions for embedded system. But it seems not useful.

No negotiation because I'm a fresh graduate