Freescale Semiconductor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2010.

Interview Details – An HR rep contacted me after about a week of my submission of application. She set up an interview for me and everything went very well. They offered me the job and I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – How would you weight Boeing 747?   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
Austin, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2010.

Interview Details – It was a very friendly environment. Process consisted of a series of four 1:1 interviews. Three were technical, one was more of a site tour and discussion. Technical questions were not too tough, just review your basics.

Interview Questions

Design Engineer IV Interview

Design Engineer IV
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2010.

Interview Details – The people who interviewed me were good. The office is very shabby there is not even a freescale board for the building. HR is unprofessional, Very unorganized.

Interview Question – Regular verilog questions. More questions about your work   Answer Question

Modeling Engineer Interview

Modeling Engineer
Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in March 2008.

Interview Details – Just before my Ph.D defense a friend referred me for a job as a device modeling engineer at Freescale's tempe campus. The interview started at 9.30 amwith my hour long presentation. This was followed by one on one interviews with 10 engineers from the group lasting approx 20-30 minutes each. There was the usual 45-50 min lunch break with the manager and the director/VP when I was taken out to local restaurant. The interview process lasted until 6.30 pm which I think was stretched out. I was told I will be the last person in the group to be hired out of N. America... the future expansion plans and subsequent hiring will be all out of Freescale's Shangai facility and I will have to work with them.....blah blah

I never heard from them again .... probably they hired someone who speaks mandarin ...

I work for a US defense contractor now.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun ? (by a senior manager)   View Answer

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in May 2007.

Interview Details – general experience summary of work done, including work I'm interested in and responsibilities both as individual contributor and as supervisor roles.
Initial phone screen followed by individual one on one interviews - three
solid people in interview process and interesting work to be done.

Interview Question – describe the most difficult supervisor role task you have been given   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Happy w/ current position

Master Planning Analyst Interview

Master Planning Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in November 2007.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, hiring manager and then in person interview. HR and hiring manager asked behavioral interview question and in person interview was basically informal discussion. Office in Tempe is rather drab, if you are going to work for FSL, I suggest you seriously consider moving to Austin.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you showed initiative and took the lead.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer for Validation Interview

Senior Software Engineer for Validation
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in July 2007.

Interview Details – The job was validation engineering which is very low level. The supervisor knew me from a previous company and liked my work. So when they had a req come open, he asked if I was interested. The initial interview took place over lunch with him, the dept mgr, and a team member. It was very friendly and encouraging. Then the formal interview process was set up 3 or 4 days later and it was practically all day with an hour one on one with different team members. Their interview style was mostly like a pop quiz at school...very specific questions about programming language and hardware/processor details as a rule. What I should have done more of is tell stories about I had performed at previous positions. So, one of the team members was not that happy with my performance, but the supervisor and his boss really liked me. It came down to meeting over lunch again with just the dept mgr. I was advised by my friend the supervisor to get very specific about my accomplishments and that convinced the mgr to make an offer.

Interview Question – What does this obfuscated C language statement do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. The salary and benefits offer were better than what I had at the previous job, but a lot less time off. They were inflexible on that.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2013.

Interview Details – First round- there was 1 hour written subjective questions from DS, Algo and puzzles. After that first round was technical round for about 45 min and then 2 HR Rounds

Interview Question – In HR Round one of the HR asked that what set you apart from your peers?.   View Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. First general discussion plus general technical questins then technical interviw. Some new colleagues tell me the order has changed. In the first interview the usual questions are asked: why do you want to move, why do you want to work at Freescale, what do you want to do in 5 years time. Then questions about your previous experience are asked and based on your answers the subject and level of the following technical interview is established. For me the technical interview had a C quizz.

Interview Question – C quizz: there were simple, basic questions followed by increasingly difficult code examples which you had to explain why they worked or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not have to negotiate, they made an offer which was over the market.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Moscow (Russia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with Hiring Manager, then with HR Manager and then with the Direct Manger. Spoken English is a requirement. In case of advanced work eexperience, English reading skills would be enough.

Interview Question – What was your most challenge in your life you overcame?   View Answer