Freescale Semiconductor

Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.9

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in May 2011.

About 2 weeks after submitting my application, i was contacted by email by the hiring manager and had a phone interview with the manager. HR then contacted me about an onsite interview. This interview was 1:1 with about a 6 people followed by a presentation. HR contacted me a week later and told me they would be giving me an offer, and asked what sort of compensation I was expecting. After a long delay (2-3 weeks) I received a written offer for the exact compensation I requested

Interview Questions
    • I was presented with a competitive situational scenario about the industry, which I had little knowledge of.   Answer Question
    I was directly asked for my salary request, which was granted. I expected them to negotiate down, yet I received a $22K raise over my current salary.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in April 2011.

Very quick interview process - one phone screen and then a 3 hour 3 person interview. In the end, the hiring manager relied on his perceptions from the interview and feedback from many employees in the company that had worked with me before.

Interview Questions
    • For a PM position, all questions were related to past program experiences   View Answer
    Company was pretty creative with job offer, but not willing to negotiate

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2010.

It was a very friendly environment. Process consisted of a series of four 1:1 interviews. Three were technical, one was more of a site tour and discussion. Technical questions were not too tough, just review your basics.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2010.

An HR rep contacted me after about a week of my submission of application. She set up an interview for me and everything went very well. They offered me the job and I accepted the offer.

Design Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2010.

The people who interviewed me were good. The office is very shabby there is not even a freescale board for the building. HR is unprofessional, Very unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Regular verilog questions. More questions about your work   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2010.

I met with the hiring manager as well as 5 team members separately. The atmosphere was informal with no hardball questions. The usual focus on past specific experience.

Interview Questions
    The offer was good so I did not negotiate.

Senior Process Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in June 2010.

(1) Freescale HR contacted me via phone and email. (2) Phone interview with hiring manager. (3) Face to face with a panel of 5 employees in that department (managers and non manager engineers). (4) Face to face with just hiring manager. (5) HR benefits review. (6) Received offer in the mail 4-5 days later. (7) Accepted. (8) Hiring manager fresh out of the Air Force and clueless about the technology. (9) Non manager engineers equally clueless about the technology. (10) Evident from the beginning that the employees did not possess the technical skills and knowledge needed to do the job and had just been promoted into the positions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to set up a manufacturing process on the tool I would be responsible for.   View Answer

Product Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in April 2010.

Recruiter conacts me via email and have a brief phone screening. The hiring manager conducted phone interview with me. An on-site interview was conducted 2 weeks later with 3 manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to improve supply chain efficiency?   View Answer
    Little room for negotiation

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in November 2009.

I was brought in as a temporary assignment and then was hired on.

Once I was hired I was able to negotiated a higher salary in just under 12 months.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2009.

During the interview process, I spoke with 5 individuals asking questions about the work that I had done in the past. The questions were geared toward my background knowledge in the area that I was applying to. The employees were trying to guage my work ethic and my experience to decide if I would be a good fit for their team.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was to explain the time vs voltage graph of a discharging capacitor. I wasn't expecting school related type textbook questions.   View Answer
    I didn't have to negotiate too much because I was offered very close to what I had wanted.