Freescale Semiconductor Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2014

3.1

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Get a phone interview after career fair. Ask about my motivation, some background checks on device driver programming and algorithm. No detail technical question asked. Then some behavior questions about what is your next 5 year plan.

Other Interview Reviews for Freescale Semiconductor

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Phone interview, non-technical. Some behavioral question about the team work, like how do you deal with the situation when people have disagreement, what do you do if the team member don't spend time on his job... Asked about why do you choose computer science, and what is the biggest decision you've made... The most difficult part in one of your project... Last the manager asked if you have any question you would like him to ask you and if you have any question to ask him...

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

The process was quite good. There were no programming questions, just went over the background, asked about some previous projects, knowledge/familiarity abt different tools/technologies.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2013.

on campus interview. Did ask any coding questions, just asked about why I chose major in CS and why I want to work with them. I didn't get the offer, but they didn't actually contact me about that.

Interview Questions
    • try to contact the recruiter if you don't hear from them for more than three weeks after interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2012.

Interviewed in Austin, the headquarter. 5 interviewers from different groups, most of them asked general questions. And some questions from my resume. Not that hard. And before that, I prepared a lot of questions for embedded system. But it seems not useful.

No negotiation because I'm a fresh graduate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in January 2014.

1:1 interview with one of the teammates , than after a week group/panel interview

Interview Questions
    • solve a complicate equation when you can use only addition and multiplication operations   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2013.

First round- there was 1 hour written subjective questions from DS, Algo and puzzles. After that first round was technical round for about 45 min and then 2 HR Rounds

Interview Questions
    • In HR Round one of the HR asked that what set you apart from your peers?.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Very good atmosphere. The interviewers were all friendly. The questions are highly technical and specific but not that difficult.

Interview Questions
    • You have to know details about operating systems design and some OOP. Some of the questions deal with programming language specifics (C in particular).   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. They also seem to make a big deal out of not accepting immediately.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

usually there will be 1 written test and 2 level of technical interview followed by HR interview
    Written test had 3 section of 20 question multiple choice
    1. C
    2. Operating System
    2. General on wireless

Technical interview was mainly on C,,OS,data structures

Interview Questions
    not much negotiation as they gave me good hike more than what i had expected

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

- 2 - 3 interviews : 1-2 tehnical and onother one with the HR team
    - there is mandatory next stuff: C\C++