Freescale Semiconductor

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor

Interview Details – Mostly Technical questions, basics of OS and Computer Architecture will help. Since my interview was for so software role so no electronics stuff was asked. Some puzzles were also asked as part of the process. Total 3 interviews were taken. Two technical and one HR.

Interview Question – Was asked a ques mixing computer architecture and OS fundamentals. Mainly regarding caches   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – The process was quite good. There were no programming questions, just went over the background, asked about some previous projects, knowledge/familiarity abt different tools/technologies.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Phone interview, non-technical. Some behavioral question about the team work, like how do you deal with the situation when people have disagreement, what do you do if the team member don't spend time on his job... Asked about why do you choose computer science, and what is the biggest decision you've made... The most difficult part in one of your project... Last the manager asked if you have any question you would like him to ask you and if you have any question to ask him...

Interview Question – the questions about the teamwork...   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Get a phone interview after career fair. Ask about my motivation, some background checks on device driver programming and algorithm. No detail technical question asked. Then some behavior questions about what is your next 5 year plan.

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2013.

Interview Details – on campus interview. Did ask any coding questions, just asked about why I chose major in CS and why I want to work with them. I didn't get the offer, but they didn't actually contact me about that.

Interview Question – try to contact the recruiter if you don't hear from them for more than three weeks after interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in May 2008.

Interview Details – This might be a little bit special case as Freescale was trying to setup a local sw team from the group of motorola who get just layedoff. There was a close relationship between these two companies and you know most of the persons. Therefore the interview is kind of general and many are puzzle or high level questions.

Interview Question – how to deal with a big project   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewers are very kind. It's like talking with other people other than an interview The questions are now hard but require background or corresponding experience in the field. Though the questions are basic, you need to have a solid foundation of the field so that you can answer it completely to meet the requirement.

Interview Question – Describe the usage of static, volatile in C   Answer Question

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in February 2011.

Interview Details – Sent mail to HR department and was contacted the next week by the HR department.
There were 2 interviews. A technical one and a HR one. On the third call they presented me their offer.
1. The first interview covered C language questions, Linux basics networking and assembly language questions.
a. C questions:
- how to declare a pointer to an array of pointers to functions that take a char as argument and return an int
- what does 'volatile' keyword mean
- how can you use a variable declared in another file
- what is the difference between a function and a macro
b. Networking
- what are the OSI layers
- what are 802 802.11 and 802.15 groups
- wireless networks basics
c. Linux questions:
- what is crontab
- what is inittab

2. The second interview with HR consisted of a background check and personality questions.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Got a better counter-offer from my current employer

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2010.

Interview Details – i first had a written round which consists of some technical questions. then i had 6 rounds of interviews from the TL level to the senior manager level. it also had 2 rounds of HR interviews. in the technical level of interview the main focus was logic and your behavior towards such questions

Interview Question – Why do you want to switch?   Answer Question

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in June 2011.

Interview Details – it was really pleasant .the room was really comfortable.salaries were negotiated .

Interview Question – what is your expectations in this company   Answer Question

Worked for Freescale Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!