Freescale Semiconductor

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2013.

Interview Details – First round- there was 1 hour written subjective questions from DS, Algo and puzzles. After that first round was technical round for about 45 min and then 2 HR Rounds

Interview Question – In HR Round one of the HR asked that what set you apart from your peers?.   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Get a phone interview after career fair. Ask about my motivation, some background checks on device driver programming and algorithm. No detail technical question asked. Then some behavior questions about what is your next 5 year plan.

Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in January 2014.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview with one of the teammates , than after a week group/panel interview

Interview Question – solve a complicate equation when you can use only addition and multiplication operations   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Phone interview, non-technical. Some behavioral question about the team work, like how do you deal with the situation when people have disagreement, what do you do if the team member don't spend time on his job... Asked about why do you choose computer science, and what is the biggest decision you've made... The most difficult part in one of your project... Last the manager asked if you have any question you would like him to ask you and if you have any question to ask him...

Interview Question – the questions about the teamwork...   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – The process was quite good. There were no programming questions, just went over the background, asked about some previous projects, knowledge/familiarity abt different tools/technologies.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2013.

Interview Details – on campus interview. Did ask any coding questions, just asked about why I chose major in CS and why I want to work with them. I didn't get the offer, but they didn't actually contact me about that.

Interview Question – try to contact the recruiter if you don't hear from them for more than three weeks after interview   Answer Question

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Very good atmosphere. The interviewers were all friendly. The questions are highly technical and specific but not that difficult.

Interview Question – You have to know details about operating systems design and some OOP. Some of the questions deal with programming language specifics (C in particular).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. They also seem to make a big deal out of not accepting immediately.

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed in Austin, the headquarter. 5 interviewers from different groups, most of them asked general questions. And some questions from my resume. Not that hard. And before that, I prepared a lot of questions for embedded system. But it seems not useful.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because I'm a fresh graduate

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – usually there will be 1 written test and 2 level of technical interview followed by HR interview
Written test had 3 section of 20 question multiple choice
1. C
2. Operating System
2. General on wireless

Technical interview was mainly on C,,OS,data structures

Interview Question – any good example of priority inversion problem   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation as they gave me good hike more than what i had expected

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor.

Interview Details – - 2 - 3 interviews : 1-2 tehnical and onother one with the HR team
- there is mandatory next stuff: C\C++

Interview Question – How can you exchange the bit x from the word y?   Answer Question

Worked for Freescale Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!