Freescale Semiconductor Interview Questions in Tempe, AZ

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.6

RFIC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

First got a phone interview from the hiring manager asking about general information like work and research experience, and PhD graduation plan. Then scheduled an on-site interview with HR.

The one day technical interview includes a research presentation with Q&A session, then seven individual meetings with engineers and managers including a phone interview with a manager from other site. Lunch with the team.

Technical Documentation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

It took over 4 months. The manager of the department asked for a lot of feedback that turned out to be very senseless and random. When I requested clarification from my recruiter, they couldn't get any.

Interview Questions

• Look at our documentation online   1 Answer
    • Do you know FrameMaker, and, if not, how will you be able to use FrameMaker? How long will it take you to become familiar with FrameMaker and do you think you will be able to build templates for us in FrameMaker.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

Was mailed a few days before the interview call. Couple of hiring persons called up (conference) and introduced and asked my details. Went about their work culture and a day in their organization. Went through a quick fire questions round. Was given situations and was asked to how I would handle those.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected Questions. Questions based on how I deal with particular situations were asked.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

Great experience to integrate with the RF Military team. If you are not an Electrical Engineer do not bother interviewing. They say they are pro veteran/ military however; the Engineer's are not sincere nor respect transitioning business students from the military.It was a very humiliating experience.

Interview Questions

• What have you ever done technical? (not unexpected but condescending unless BSEE and/or MSEE ask this a lot)   2 Answers

CAD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

Received a request for over email. Accepted it for a later date as I was traveling.
    Manager was very good to me but hardly asked any question apart from my resume and internship experience . Planned 30 min interview ended in 25 mins (Most of which went on job description and role) . Manger indicated that my exposure to tools were relevant to the job but hardly asked anything technical or generic.
    Was not called for an onsite interview.

Embedded Software V&V Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview involved just a quick walk through of the resume to make sure the profile matches with the job requirement, then next day, i had technical interview for about 35 minutes. Questions consisted of embedded concepts like shared memory, message queues, semaphores, global memory, address spacing, memory maps, flash programming, Interrupt service routine programming, RTOS, wireless network setup, hardware used, serial protocol interface, i2c, uart etc..

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

Very quick interview process - one phone screen and then a 3 hour 3 person interview. In the end, the hiring manager relied on his perceptions from the interview and feedback from many employees in the company that had worked with me before.

Interview Questions

• For a PM position, all questions were related to past program experiences   1 Answer

Negotiation

Company was pretty creative with job offer, but not willing to negotiate

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in September 2009.

Interview

During the interview process, I spoke with 5 individuals asking questions about the work that I had done in the past. The questions were geared toward my background knowledge in the area that I was applying to. The employees were trying to guage my work ethic and my experience to decide if I would be a good fit for their team.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was to explain the time vs voltage graph of a discharging capacitor. I wasn't expecting school related type textbook questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate too much because I was offered very close to what I had wanted.

Modeling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Freescale Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in March 2008.

Interview

Just before my Ph.D defense a friend referred me for a job as a device modeling engineer at Freescale's tempe campus. The interview started at 9.30 amwith my hour long presentation. This was followed by one on one interviews with 10 engineers from the group lasting approx 20-30 minutes each. There was the usual 45-50 min lunch break with the manager and the director/VP when I was taken out to local restaurant. The interview process lasted until 6.30 pm which I think was stretched out. I was told I will be the last person in the group to be hired out of N. America... the future expansion plans and subsequent hiring will be all out of Freescale's Shangai facility and I will have to work with them.....blah blah

I never heard from them again .... probably they hired someone who speaks mandarin ...

I work for a US defense contractor now.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for fun ? (by a senior manager)   1 Answer