Freescale Semiconductor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in December 2013.

Interview Details – Was mailed a few days before the interview call. Couple of hiring persons called up (conference) and introduced and asked my details. Went about their work culture and a day in their organization. Went through a quick fire questions round. Was given situations and was asked to how I would handle those.

Interview Question – No unexpected Questions. Questions based on how I deal with particular situations were asked.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in November 2013.

Interview Details – Great experience to integrate with the RF Military team. If you are not an Electrical Engineer do not bother interviewing. They say they are pro veteran/ military however; the Engineer's are not sincere nor respect transitioning business students from the military.It was a very humiliating experience.

Interview Question – What have you ever done technical? (not unexpected but condescending unless BSEE and/or MSEE ask this a lot)   View Answers (2)

CAD Engineer Interview

CAD Engineer
Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in March 2013.

Interview Details – Received a request for over email. Accepted it for a later date as I was traveling.
Manager was very good to me but hardly asked any question apart from my resume and internship experience . Planned 30 min interview ended in 25 mins (Most of which went on job description and role) . Manger indicated that my exposure to tools were relevant to the job but hardly asked anything technical or generic.
Was not called for an onsite interview.

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Tempe, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2009.

Interview Details – During the interview process, I spoke with 5 individuals asking questions about the work that I had done in the past. The questions were geared toward my background knowledge in the area that I was applying to. The employees were trying to guage my work ethic and my experience to decide if I would be a good fit for their team.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was to explain the time vs voltage graph of a discharging capacitor. I wasn't expecting school related type textbook questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't have to negotiate too much because I was offered very close to what I had wanted.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Technical Program Manager
Tempe, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very quick interview process - one phone screen and then a 3 hour 3 person interview. In the end, the hiring manager relied on his perceptions from the interview and feedback from many employees in the company that had worked with me before.

Interview Question – For a PM position, all questions were related to past program experiences   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Company was pretty creative with job offer, but not willing to negotiate

Embedded Software V&V Engineer Interview

Embedded Software V&V Engineer
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview involved just a quick walk through of the resume to make sure the profile matches with the job requirement, then next day, i had technical interview for about 35 minutes. Questions consisted of embedded concepts like shared memory, message queues, semaphores, global memory, address spacing, memory maps, flash programming, Interrupt service routine programming, RTOS, wireless network setup, hardware used, serial protocol interface, i2c, uart etc..

Interview Questions

Modeling Engineer Interview

Modeling Engineer
Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Freescale Semiconductor in March 2008.

Interview Details – Just before my Ph.D defense a friend referred me for a job as a device modeling engineer at Freescale's tempe campus. The interview started at 9.30 amwith my hour long presentation. This was followed by one on one interviews with 10 engineers from the group lasting approx 20-30 minutes each. There was the usual 45-50 min lunch break with the manager and the director/VP when I was taken out to local restaurant. The interview process lasted until 6.30 pm which I think was stretched out. I was told I will be the last person in the group to be hired out of N. America... the future expansion plans and subsequent hiring will be all out of Freescale's Shangai facility and I will have to work with them.....blah blah

I never heard from them again .... probably they hired someone who speaks mandarin ...

I work for a US defense contractor now.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun ? (by a senior manager)   View Answer

Worked for Freescale Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!