French Connection

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Central Valley, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at French Connection in October 2009.

Interview Details – Describe a time when you had to speak to an employee about their non acceptable performance?
Why do you want to work for French Connection?

Interview Question – Describe a time when you gave exceptional customer service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non existent

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Las Vegas, NV

The process took 4 days - interviewed at French Connection in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was already an employee of French Connection when I applied for this position. Since I had informed Management on my interest in managing, when an Assistant Manager position became available in one of the neighboring stores was asked if i wanted to interview with the Regional Manager and i was glad too. 3 days later when she was in town, I met up with her and the Store Manager and was pleasantly surprise on the great personality they both had, I never felt uncomfortable nor like i was being tested. They asked a lot of questions about my job history and some personal questions to get to know me. Right away, i was asked to approve a background check and if that returned clean they would be delighted to have me work with them. 3 days later i received a call from the Store Manager to tell me that i had passed the background check and wanted me to start right away.

Interview Question – What Qualities would I be Bringing to the company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I never negotiated since I was already working for the company and my raise was going to be more than $4 per hour, I was happy. For future interviewers, Never be over confident, they like people that are down to earth and that are proud of what they do.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Newcastle (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at French Connection in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through SEEK, was contacted the next morning for an interview that following day. Very short interview., was just asked availability and commitment times. was called back a few hours later and just told "you were unsuccessful, thank you."

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at French Connection.

Interview Details – Received an interview that day when I applied for the position in the store.
Questions were rather simple.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation just a simple job offer

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the two store managers and they were very kind and seemed genuinely interested in what you were saying. They asked many questions about my previous job and how i took initiative; what set me apart from the other employees ect. They also asked me to state 3 trends this season and how i would describe my style. Overall it was a very pleasant interview.

Interview Question – They asked how you would handle a customer who came into buy a dress, but nothing worked out and how you would respond.   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Stylist
Calgary, AB (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at French Connection in January 2011.

Interview Details – i applied in store then recieved a phone call next day

Interview Questions

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at French Connection in October 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted first by email and then phone interview with manager.

Interview Question – Name competition for all of our brands.   Answer Question

Worked for French Connection? Contribute to the Community!