French Connection

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.6

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at French Connection in December 2013.

Meet with a senior official in the office; extremely nice. It felt more like a conversation than an interview which I loved. Very clear on what was needed to be done in the store and what the expectations were

I was able to negiotiate a higher salary; vice president was very fair

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at French Connection in October 2009.

Describe a time when you had to speak to an employee about their non acceptable performance?
    Why do you want to work for French Connection?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you gave exceptional customer service.   View Answer
    Non existent

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at French Connection in September 2009.

I was already an employee of French Connection when I applied for this position. Since I had informed Management on my interest in managing, when an Assistant Manager position became available in one of the neighboring stores was asked if i wanted to interview with the Regional Manager and i was glad too. 3 days later when she was in town, I met up with her and the Store Manager and was pleasantly surprise on the great personality they both had, I never felt uncomfortable nor like i was being tested. They asked a lot of questions about my job history and some personal questions to get to know me. Right away, i was asked to approve a background check and if that returned clean they would be delighted to have me work with them. 3 days later i received a call from the Store Manager to tell me that i had passed the background check and wanted me to start right away.

Interview Questions
    • What Qualities would I be Bringing to the company   View Answer
    I never negotiated since I was already working for the company and my raise was going to be more than $4 per hour, I was happy. For future interviewers, Never be over confident, they like people that are down to earth and that are proud of what they do.

Sales Assistant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at French Connection.

Initial Communications were fine I was called within hours of handing in my CV and interview and start date were arranged very quickly. The interview was great the manager was very nice and understanding. It was my first retail job so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. I enjoyed the interview and did not feel intimidated or interrogated.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at French Connection in July 2014.

Applied online through SEEK, was contacted the next morning for an interview that following day. Very short interview., was just asked availability and commitment times. was called back a few hours later and just told "you were unsuccessful, thank you."

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at French Connection.

Received an interview that day when I applied for the position in the store.
    Questions were rather simple.

no negotiation just a simple job offer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at French Connection.

I was interviewed by the two store managers and they were very kind and seemed genuinely interested in what you were saying. They asked many questions about my previous job and how i took initiative; what set me apart from the other employees ect. They also asked me to state 3 trends this season and how i would describe my style. Overall it was a very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked how you would handle a customer who came into buy a dress, but nothing worked out and how you would respond.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at French Connection in October 2011.

Contacted first by email and then phone interview with manager.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at French Connection in January 2011.

i applied in store then recieved a phone call next day