Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.6

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Must apply through internet and then wait a lot. Best to call and speak with Clinical Manager or other manager after application - within a few days. Interview questions - Do you have a pulse? Dialysis used to require RNs to have floor experience, but those days are gone. You can be right out of school. Must love long term patients who have crabby attitudes. Must not mind being on feet all day. Must be willing to cover for others as well as your own stuff. Must function as part of a team

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a really bad day and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Was called and had an interview the next day. Was offered the job a few days later. The entire process was pretty quick and easy but I think it all hinges on who the clinic manager is and how efficient they are. The can make it as easy or hard as they want too.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really have any hard-ball questions. I was actually a little surprised by that. Again though that's luck of the draw on who the hiring manager is.   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Interview normally starts with a staffing agency, then you are sent on to the company to interview with two managers. Basic questions, what past jobs and duties were, where you feel you need to improve, most difficult tasks in past jobs, why you left.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, rate set by a scale based on experience and education

Dialysis RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

You will receive an email acknowledging your application. Phone calls are placed to schedule interviews, and may even state up front expectations of the job to make sure you would not have a conflict with the position. Initial interview can take up to one week, you may have a second interview same day, or may have to wait 24-48 hours for a call back for a second interview or a rejection. Interviewers were very amicable and professional. Corporate culture seems very open and comfortable with an emphasis on good relationships between peers and clients. Be prepared to take an exam prior to your interview including personality questions, math, vocabulary, and analogies. Interview questions are probing, know who you are, your strengths and weaknesses, and how you handle them prior to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Hard to give an exact example, just be prepared to answer many questions on how you handle professional working relationships with others.   Answer Question

Dialysis RN Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

They are so mismanaged, there was never really a proper interview. But you do have to take an online intelligence test. There is a lot of math and logic type questions, and there are English language questions that also test logic, like "fence:property - thought:concept" (I made that up, but I do remember the "fence is to property as something is to something"

Biomedical Technician Interview

2 interviews. Both interviews were fairly simple. Technical/common sense questions were asked (but this naturally applies to the position). Also, interviewers were very helpful in painting an accurate picture of the company. Second interview with upper management was a little more difficult, but they ask the hard questions to make sure you are right for the job. Be ready to explain why you wan't to work for this company. If you are a person who enjoys working with electronic equipment (equipment that saves lives) and are a responsible worker, then this second interview will not be a problem at all.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about documenting a specific repair?   View Answer
    Ask for a lot more in the beginning. You can also re-negotiate, but at least you won't get completely ripped off. It;'s always easier to start with a higher salary than to try and get a substantial raise later.

Social Worker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in August 2014.

Awful. The recruiters are terrible. It can takes 2+ weeks for them to arrange a simple interview with a hiring manager. The recruiters do not follow up with you or give you feedback after an interview. They don't return phone calls or emails. It takes months to get hired if at all.

Interview Questions
    • what are your weakness, what area do you feel you can improve on?   Answer Question

Pct Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Applied online, got a call the next day for an interview. I had an interview with two managers, showed me around the facilities and asked a few questions. Pretty straight forward, he explains the position you're applying for and asks you some questions about some tasks you might have to do if you get hired.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, tell me about youself, your background, strenghts and weaknesses, reason you chose that place.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

It was a mess. Before I started, I had to come into their office where the Recruiter make me take an oral drug test. I had to like this swab for about a minute. Disgusting!

Interview Questions
    No problem. I told them what my rate was and they found it acceptable

Senior Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in July 2014.

There were a lot of pre interview screenings done, which delays the process for a more meaningful interview with the hiring manager.
    Recommend one telephone interview with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager.

salary too low