Fresenius Medical Care - North America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.6

Patient Care Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Interview

Two in person interviews, one with the clinic manager and one with a district manager, background check. There is a several week course you must take and then a test you must pass before you can begin, however this training is paid. You are also reviewed after three months to make sure you are working up to standard and you have agree when hired you know you may be let go at this point if you are not at the standard.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high stress situations?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Interview

Standard corporate recruiting department screening. Then had an interview set up with hiring manager. Typical 2 interview process, with standard and relevant questions relating to job. Nice people and very professional. Do your homework on Dialysis and understand the disease state.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online then a recruiter call me about a week later next she sent a test which includes math so be ready! I had a 1.1 interview a week later with the manager for the first one nothing yet...I just had a interview at another location last week still waiting on feedback, but I was comfortable because, I knew what question was coming...the questions was the basic etc. tell me about yourself why are you leaving your current job etc.

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving you current job?   1 Answer

Clinical Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Interview

Not hard applied online interviewed with rvp and do. There is a high turn over rate for managers upper management are trying to hire well and give the best onboarded possible

Interview Questions

• Can I separate from being a nurse from managing others?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I will stabalize and establish the clinic survey ready

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Interview

Must apply through internet and then wait a lot. Best to call and speak with Clinical Manager or other manager after application - within a few days. Interview questions - Do you have a pulse? Dialysis used to require RNs to have floor experience, but those days are gone. You can be right out of school. Must love long term patients who have crabby attitudes. Must not mind being on feet all day. Must be willing to cover for others as well as your own stuff. Must function as part of a team

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a really bad day and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Was called and had an interview the next day. Was offered the job a few days later. The entire process was pretty quick and easy but I think it all hinges on who the clinic manager is and how efficient they are. The can make it as easy or hard as they want too.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really have any hard-ball questions. I was actually a little surprised by that. Again though that's luck of the draw on who the hiring manager is.   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Interview

Interview normally starts with a staffing agency, then you are sent on to the company to interview with two managers. Basic questions, what past jobs and duties were, where you feel you need to improve, most difficult tasks in past jobs, why you left.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, rate set by a scale based on experience and education

Dialysis RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Interview

You will receive an email acknowledging your application. Phone calls are placed to schedule interviews, and may even state up front expectations of the job to make sure you would not have a conflict with the position. Initial interview can take up to one week, you may have a second interview same day, or may have to wait 24-48 hours for a call back for a second interview or a rejection. Interviewers were very amicable and professional. Corporate culture seems very open and comfortable with an emphasis on good relationships between peers and clients. Be prepared to take an exam prior to your interview including personality questions, math, vocabulary, and analogies. Interview questions are probing, know who you are, your strengths and weaknesses, and how you handle them prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Hard to give an exact example, just be prepared to answer many questions on how you handle professional working relationships with others.   Answer Question

Home Therapies Dialysis RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hendersonville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Hendersonville, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

Met with the Manager of the clinic that I would be working at. Two days later, met with the Regional Manager of all of Tennessee and North Alabama. Very inviting and informal. Promised that the company would spend six months teaching me everything that I needed to know to be "a vital member of the team", since I had no experience in dialysis at all (and they knew that). The Manager (that I would be working with) was extremely nice and even called me the next week to apologize that it was taking "so long" (a week) to get back to me. Then, she got so busy doing her job that I didn't hear back for another month, when she offered me the job. I told her that I needed two weeks notice to give to my current employer (at the time) and she said that it was okay. We settled on a start date but then she called me five days before I was set to start the job and told me that she had gotten the dates wrong and she needed me to start the next day (and be behind the rest of the orientation class), when I already had told my current employer that I would work out the week.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness and your biggest strength? What do you bring to the job that would help me fill my "family" opening?   1 Answer

Dialysis RN Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Interview

They are so mismanaged, there was never really a proper interview. But you do have to take an online intelligence test. There is a lot of math and logic type questions, and there are English language questions that also test logic, like "fence:property - thought:concept" (I made that up, but I do remember the "fence is to property as something is to something"