Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Westchester, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in December 2012.

Interview Details – They only provided an overview of my job responsibilities.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Either you accept the offer or you don't get the job.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Patient Care Technician
Amherst, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in December 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was easy & up front

Interview Question – Most difficult question was "Why should we hire you over the other candidates?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was tough. They do not pay as much as other dialysis companies. However, they are a great company to work for.

Reg Affairs Interview

Reg Affairs
Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in March 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke with HR, picked a date for interview 1. 5 people, 30 min each. 2 weeks later received invite for interview 2, 4 people, 30 min each. A few days later, they checked references, about 1.5 weeks later, received offer. Tried negotiation, but they stood firm. Overall, a good experience. They could have moved a bit faster though.

Interview Question – What word best decribes you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tried for more of everything, but no luck.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through the company career website. A few weeks later I was contacted for a phone interview. The interview involved speaking with two members of the engineering team about my experience and behavioral questions.

I was later contacted for an interview at the company. The interview consisted meetings with various members of the engineering department. Each interview was 1-on-1, and they discussed their specific departments and how they work with the overall product. There were also general engineering questions on topics such as logic gates, op-amps, and transistors. I'd also recommend researching the company's products and dialysis treatment in general.

Overall the interview was positive. The engineering team was friendly and the company culture seemed very team oriented and open to collaboration.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your more qualified than other candidates with more experience   View Answer
  • Programming question in language I wasn't familiar with (C++)   Answer Question

Staff Nurse Interview

Staff Nurse

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone call from Clinical Manager led to interview. Second interview with another staff member. On-line personality test. Background investigation. Job was offered. Drug Test followed. Then Orientation.

Interview Question – What do you have to offer us that is more or different than another experienced nurse.   Answer Question

Dialysis RN Interview

Dialysis RN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in May 2011.

Interview Details – Used a recruiter to set up and negotiate the interview process. This was extremely helpful. I communicated through the recruiter and through email with the company. Met with theManager, Area Manager and area VP. Three separate interviews. This was costly in time and travel. Was a standard interview, not the behavior situational type interview. The interview sessions were pleasant, the interviewers were easy going, professional.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult staff member.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much. They say they use a complicated formula that puts your work experience, area wages, blah, blah, blah, into a computer back East and it gives them the wage they can offer you. I had the head hunter to facilitate the negotiation, I felt they were supportive of my goals, but we did not get the wage I wanted, but it truly might have reflected accurately my skills and experience. However, remember the wage you start out with is the wage you get. If you actually get any cost of living or merit raises, it will be 1-3 percent maximum and that is a big IF.

Patient Account Representative Interview

Patient Account Representative
Salem, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called about 3 weeks after I completed the application online and then I went for the interview and spoke with the supervisor for about 15 minutes who told me the jist of the jobs and what it consisted of and went over the benefits. I then met with the Manager of the office and talked for an hour and a half going over how I would handle various situations that may occur in the office. I was told that I would hear back from them in 2 weeks but I didn't hear anything for 2 months.

Interview Question – How have you handled issues with co-workers in the past? Give me an example of a time of when a situation like that had occurred and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Pct Interview

Pct
Noblesville, IN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in March 2012.

Interview Details – Basic

Interview Question – Tell us what you know about Dialysis.   View Answer

A/R Clerk In New Orleans Interview

A/R Clerk In New Orleans

I applied online and interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Interview Details – Posted Job on Job site under different name. Phone Interview was not scheduled and sporadic and on site interview was unorganized.

Interview Question – How do you define success?   Answer Question

Senior BSA and Project Lead Interview

Senior BSA and Project Lead
Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in December 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process is very typical for this position. The resumes are submitted by a recruiter to HR, who passes them by the a hiring manager. The hiring manager selects a short list of candidates for short one one one interviews. The second round of interviews involved one on one interviews with the Project Manager, Hiring BSA Manager, the Director, and a peer. I reviewed an off following the 2nd interview.

Interview Question – The interviewers requested sampling of functional specifications, service level agreements and project plans.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The terms were discussed in the second interview and easily negotiated over the phone for final acceptance.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Worked for Fresenius Medical Care - North America? Contribute to the Community!

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Videos

Fresenius Medical Care - North America – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​Our Vision​​​​​ ​​Creating a future worth living. For people. Worldwide. Every Day. ​​ Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) is proud that our unwavering commitment to our patients has made us the global… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fresenius Medical Care - North America interview questions and advice. All 79 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fresenius Medical Care - North America employees and interview candidates.