Fresenius Medical Care - North America Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.6

Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician Interview

7 person interview including the clinical mgr, social worker, dietician, technical mgr and ccht's.

Technician Interview

practical and in face interview

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in September 2012.

Had an initial phone interview with a team leader, then was invited to their offices with an interview with the team leader and his manager.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I was just asked about how I would like to work for them doing phone collections. They told me it was a very boring job and most people don't like doing the work.   Answer Question
    I was offered the hourly rate of $13.50 and was told that if they liked my work, that they would promote me to team manager within 6 months at a salary of $40K a year.

Staff Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in September 2013.

Panel interview with lots of questions. A lot of what would you do questions about your co-workers. How you would react in certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • Thought it went well and didn't find any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Depending on the position you have, you'll meet with up to 8 people. They'll usually give you a lunch.

They are looking for people who match the "culture" of the company. They are huge on customer service. So, if you seem dull, you probably won't make the cut.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Thorough, took about 2 weeks to complete and 2 interviews. They were very friendly.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amherst, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in December 2011.

Hiring process was easy & up front

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was "Why should we hire you over the other candidates?"   Answer Question
    Negotiation was tough. They do not pay as much as other dialysis companies. However, they are a great company to work for.

Acute Dialysis RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Easy, no real interview questions at all I asked majority of questions! I inquired on orientation process and benefits! Manager and company falsely stated hours involved for position as being four 10 hour days! Extremely inaccurate information as most days are at least 12-13 or more on a regular day not including your call days! Call days can mount up to be 20+ hours

No negotiation

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in March 2013.

It was a standard behavioral interview. I asked was series of, "Tell me about a time when you ..." kind of questions. A good approach is to stick to accomplishments you are proud of. You won't be pressed or challenged.

The reality is that the company has such a high turnover rate, if you have a pulse you are likely to get an offer ... I am not sure what that says about me, since I accepted the offer. :-\ Well, I needed the paycheck.

Technical Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in September 2013.

Company had my CV for 1.5 months. After 5 weeks, I received an e-mail that appointment times would be sent out in the next week. When not receiving one, I contacted the director again, and the appointment was received a couple of days later. On the day of my interview (via phone), 50 minutes before I was to interview, the director sent me an e-mail, saying he didn't think I had enough experience in "what field service techs did in dialysis". I have (11) years in the repair of dialysis-related equipment with the attendant AAS degree in Biomedical Electronics.

Interview Questions
    • I can see being rejected for not having the management experience (per my CV), as the job mostly entailed compliance with numerous OSHA, AAMI, MEDICARE, codes and standards. It was a Technical Services manager job rolled into a Facilities Operations Manager job (two jobs in one). I was rejected for the part of the job I knew best, which was the function of techs in the field and dialysis equipment repair. The director had not even read my CV (or read it correctly) till an hour before the interview. I could have had the interview, but turned it down as he had already rejected me for the stupidest of reasons.   Answer Question