Fresenius Medical Care - North America

2.6

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in November 2013.

Had to submit online application and sign-up for background check. Had limited time frame to complete process. Had to schedule and complete urine drug test within one week of application submission. Talked with director of operations for this region. Very friendly. Interview process was easy since department had been acquired through joint venture. Basically finding out about our vision of future with new company.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't I want to be in management instead of staff nurse with all my experience.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate keeping current hourly rate since I had 20 years experience in this area of nursing. I was able to negotiate keeping years of service, PTO accrual rate, and transfer banked sick time and PTO time to new company.

Acute Dialysis RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online – interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Easy, no real interview questions at all I asked majority of questions! I inquired on orientation process and benefits! Manager and company falsely stated hours involved for position as being four 10 hour days! Extremely inaccurate information as most days are at least 12-13 or more on a regular day not including your call days! Call days can mount up to be 20+ hours

No negotiation

Technical Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in September 2013.

Company had my CV for 1.5 months. After 5 weeks, I received an e-mail that appointment times would be sent out in the next week. When not receiving one, I contacted the director again, and the appointment was received a couple of days later. On the day of my interview (via phone), 50 minutes before I was to interview, the director sent me an e-mail, saying he didn't think I had enough experience in "what field service techs did in dialysis". I have (11) years in the repair of dialysis-related equipment with the attendant AAS degree in Biomedical Electronics.

Interview Questions
    • I can see being rejected for not having the management experience (per my CV), as the job mostly entailed compliance with numerous OSHA, AAMI, MEDICARE, codes and standards. It was a Technical Services manager job rolled into a Facilities Operations Manager job (two jobs in one). I was rejected for the part of the job I knew best, which was the function of techs in the field and dialysis equipment repair. The director had not even read my CV (or read it correctly) till an hour before the interview. I could have had the interview, but turned it down as he had already rejected me for the stupidest of reasons.   Answer Question

Staff Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in September 2013.

Panel interview with lots of questions. A lot of what would you do questions about your co-workers. How you would react in certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • Thought it went well and didn't find any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in September 2013.

The interview process was simple, two in person appointments.

Not much since it was a contract. I could not negotiate. The offer was there and I did not have a choice, needed the money.

Director of Marketing Interview

Recruiter reviews resume, decides whether or not to screen, then forwards to next level of management, who interviews then decides whether or not interview, if make it through this process, the meet with VPs of HR, education, clinical services, followed by President.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

My application was submitted first. After about a week, I received a call back for an interview. The interview was scheduled that week and only lasted about 30 minutes. Fortunately, I was told that I was likeable and a preferred hire. But after about two weeks I still had not heard of an additional open position yet.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was not really a question from the employer. The assessment test was a bit intimidating. I had been good with my vocabulary but, I advise anyone to really brush up before attempting the assessment test.   Answer Question

Test Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Hired through Aerotek (hiring agency) for a position at Fresenius Medical Care North America. Was phoned by Aerotek rep and an interview at the Fresenius facility was made for Friday. The interview was at 10am. I waited for 20 minutes as another interviewee was supposedly coming (group interviews are the most common), but he never showed. I was interviewed by 2 managers about my educational background and current job/living situation. I got drilled with 6 or 7 fairly basic academic questions and the main manager was impressed and pretty much said I had the job. I was given an extremely brief tour and then told I'd be contacted soon. I left at 10:35 am. The interview was shorter than the time I had to wait....

Anyway, Aerotek confirmed I had been offered a position the following Monday. They gave me 5 hours to accept the position and really were pushing the concept of me starting that week. I had already explained I would be having surgery and would not be able to, but they insisted repeatedly (got extremely frustrating actually). Told them I would accept and go to sign the papers on Thursday and begin work the next week. The managers were fine with this. Signed papers the Thursday after my interview and started working Monday (1 week and 3 days after the initial interview).

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straightforward questions, except for one. I was asked to answer what happens when 2 is divided by 0 in digital communications or on a computer. I answered that it was undefined behavior. NO CLUE if this was acceptable as an answer. I know I got all the other ones correct though.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate. Got the lowest of the desired salaries I had requested. Because I'm young and lack experience I mostly expected that from Aerotek/Fresenius.

Nephrology Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in May 2013.

The called me months after I applied. Interviewed with two different people then said I was hired. Took over three weeks for HR to do their part. Had to do a urine drug test and a background check.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They offered, I asked for more money. They said no. I accepted.

Registered Nurse Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America.

Standard interview at facility with manager. The next day I had a phone interview
    With the regional manager. I was sent an email with a link to an online test.
    The test was ridiculous. It was composed of a personality test, word test and algebra
    questions. The test took me 2 hours to complete. After the test was submitted I received
    another email with a link to complete questions for a background check.

Interview Questions

Work week was every other Saturday. Received another job offer that did not include weekends.