Fresenius Medical Care - North America Patient Care Technician Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Columbus, MS) in July 2015.

Interview

I recently applied to this dialysis center. itt took them a little under two weeks to call you back I did the interview but they said it was a hiring freeze they said that the position is still open ,but I am looking for a job in dialysis but I probably will have to take another job until the hiring freezes up.

Interview Questions

• what will your old employer say about your work ethics?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fresenius Medical Care - North America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Augusta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about two weeks later to have a face to face interview which took place about 3 days later. I met with a RN who was also the hiring manager at the facility. She was very nice and she told me that the job sometimes requires long hours and prn call ins due to other employees calling out. She also explained to me that her biggest pet peeves included having employees call out of work excessively and participate in workplace drama. After the interview she told me that she had a lot more candidates to interview within the next week but she would definitely put me on her "recall list." So now I am just waiting for that phone call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Do you have a location preference? (She asked this because they had openings in five different locations in the area and she conducted interviews for all of them.)   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online then a recruiter call me about a week later next she sent a test which includes math so be ready! I had a 1.1 interview a week later with the manager for the first one nothing yet...I just had a interview at another location last week still waiting on feedback, but I was comfortable because, I knew what question was coming...the questions was the basic etc. tell me about yourself why are you leaving your current job etc.

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving you current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

My application was submitted first. After about a week, I received a call back for an interview. The interview was scheduled that week and only lasted about 30 minutes. Fortunately, I was told that I was likeable and a preferred hire. But after about two weeks I still had not heard of an additional open position yet.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was not really a question from the employer. The assessment test was a bit intimidating. I had been good with my vocabulary but, I advise anyone to really brush up before attempting the assessment test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the CM, I shadowed another pct in their role, I was asked how I felt about it, I felt I was very qualified as well, my labs were drawn, drug test ordered, offered a position as a pct, hired,, trained by the best preceptor there (in my opinion).

Anonymous Employee in Kingman, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Kingman, AZ) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very easy going. As I have been trying to get in with this paticular Fresenius for months, so management already knew my experience and skills. The hiring seemed to take forever from the initial interview, to the job shadowing, to the second interview, then th e 10 wk traing program.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was the personality profile that they send you via e-mail. It included questions from math, word associations, and senarios to test what kind of person you are and how you would react.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked that they work with my schooling schedule. They excepted these terms and even told me that the company would help me pay to advance my carrer to become an RN.

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Deerfield, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was scheduled one week in advance. When I arrived, the clinic manager seemed to read off scripted questions with little or no personal flare. I submitted to a cheap oral drug screen while sitting at the desk of my future supervisor which initially came back as inconclusive. A second screen was more accurate and of course was negative. The clinic manager did give me a tour of the facility which I did appreciate.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness? Not too difficult of a question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with Fresenius Medical Care, you'll take what little they give you, and you'll like it.

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Amherst, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was easy & up front

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was "Why should we hire you over the other candidates?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was tough. They do not pay as much as other dialysis companies. However, they are a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Applying for the position online gets you nowhere and you will not receive a call back. You must actively pursue management and really show that you are interested by making phone calls and mailing/faxing resume and cover letter to the unit you are interested in. Once you get an interview it is smooth sailing as long as you have dialysis experience.

Interview Questions

• If a customer/patient is screaming and yelling at you on the treatment floor how would you respond?   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fresenius Medical Care - North America in October 2010.

Interview

hiring process wasn't too bad nor the interview. Been to others with Davita that had 5 interviewing me. Just be honest, be yourself.Didn't wait too long before I was offered job.