Fresh Market

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Roanoke, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fresh Market in November 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty quick, everything online. followed with one on one interview

Interview Question – weakness/strength   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Fresh Market in August 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out an application online. If they are interested they will call you. Interview process is simple, they go from hiring manager to who ever is in charge of the department. Not to difficult to get a job there. You have to be honest, they expect the highest integrity from thier employees which is why it is a successful company.

Interview Question – How was your work experience at your last job?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fresh Market in May 2011.

Interview Details – One interview face to face, about 30 min. Mostly behavioral questions. Even if you suck they will hire you because of the high turnover

Interview Question – None, all of the questions are very easy, they want to hire you because they always need people   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they won't ever negotiate pay with you

Newport News, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fresh Market in July 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the assistant store manager. It took 1 1/2 hours. Essentially, praise the company and talk about how the values of the company are what you live by already (fresh, organic, clean, organized...). I got a call a few days later with the job offer. Orientation was a week after that and lasted 1 hour. They never called me to tell me when my first day was or my schedule. I just happened to be shopping there and they said my schedule was posted in the back. You have to be proactive about getting your pay check and pay stubs because they just keep them in the office which I found out after 3 weeks of working there. They have a high turnover due to low pay. Even the guy I interviewed with just put in his resignation notice after working with the company just under 2 years. Obviously not a lifelong career path.

Interview Question – Describe how you respond to safety violations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. If you don't take what they offer, they hire the next person.

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fresh Market in April 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application and then called a couple days later letting me know my score on the personality assessment was good and they wanted me to come in for an interview if I was still interested. I set up an appointment with the bakery manager, and the interview was pretty short. About 10 min. She offered me the job and I set up a second time to come in to fill out paperwork with the store manager.

Interview Question – There were no suprising questions in the interview. Mostly just straightforward questions about work experience and how it related to the position.   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fresh Market.

Interview Details – Completed online application, waited 1 week and made personal in-store contact with GM, who told me to call and set up interview with the Dept Mgr.
Was told I'd get 3-4 shifts, but in reality it changed every single week from 5 shifts one week to 1 single shift the next, followed by3 shifts over the next 2 weeks, then 2 weeks of overtime, then back to one shift...very inconsistent-never knew if I'd be going in at 6:00 AM or closing at 10:00 PM, but ALWAYS expected to work weekends so Management could have off!

Interview Question – nothing-very simple and basic interview..nothing special or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for higher to start or expect to be stuck for a very long time!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fresh Market

Worked for Fresh Market? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fresh Market Bakery Clerk interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fresh Market employees and interview candidates.