Fresh Market

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Jackson, MS

I applied online - interviewed at Fresh Market in August 2011.

Interview Details – long,to many assesments, and to many level of interviews. interview 3hrs

Interview Question – what was the most difficult problem you faced as a store manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – difficult

Front End Manager Interview

Front End Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fresh Market.

Interview Details – They called me on the phone in October, I knew the store wouldn't open until february. In november they called for an interview, said they'd be back with me after thanksgiving. After contacting them I finally got through the my recruiter, they'd hired internerally. After letting him know I was still interested in other positions he said he'd keep me written down for another interview with store manager. He never called again and I never got in touch with him again. I feel a professional should have had the decency to contact me if he says he will!

Interview Question – When I said the products I enjoyed he said "Fresh Market isn't as crunchy granola as whole foods"... He was very disrespectful and stared at my chest.   Answer Question

PM Bakery Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fresh Market in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was easy, simple standard questions. Mostly from a form they had to ask. Some questions literally repetitive. 2nd interview with another mgr, really was put off by his questions, like asking me simple math questions which were simple to figure out but tried making it harder, tried to trip me up with simple questions. Doubted my ability to bake, like I only could bake Toll House cookies, I was insulted and discouraged... However third part of interview was with bakery manager. I was prepared with a computer graphic portfolio of my baking accomplishments and caterings I had done previously. So I was prepared and needless to say I had the job before I left the interview and was offered more on the hour then I had asked for.

Interview Question – If you have any intelligence what so ever, there was not too many difficult questions, unless you are just trying to bluff your way thru the interview with rhetoric or falsehoods!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I said what my bottom line per hour was and was offered more upon the hour to start with. If you have the experience, they will pay more than the local grocery stores .

Produce Clerk Interview

Marietta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fresh Market in October 2012.

Interview Details – was contacted about a month after submitting resume/application. Some brief telephone conversations with general manager discussing how my intentions, availability, et cetera matched Fresh Market's needs.

One-on-one interview; I felt somewhat rushed due to the time (8 pm , saturday night). The assistant manager and I talked freely, then he pulled out a folder from which he asked a series of basic questions. Examples include how I would act in a specific situation, my feelings/views on theft, fraud, tardiness, et cetera.

Interview Question – Don't remember. Nothing that stands out. Some redundancy.   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Fresh Market in August 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out an application online. If they are interested they will call you. Interview process is simple, they go from hiring manager to who ever is in charge of the department. Not to difficult to get a job there. You have to be honest, they expect the highest integrity from thier employees which is why it is a successful company.

Interview Question – How was your work experience at your last job?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fresh Market in November 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online, went through an initial assessment and was then asked to complete a 2nd assessment. I was contacted by the recruiter a couple of days later who said I did well on the assessment and asked me a few questions, mostly about my management experience and willingness to relocate. I then went into the store and introduced myself to the Store Manager before being called for an interview, which I never was. Either they were not satisfied that my management experience extended to 7 employees, they got a bad reference, or they didn't like my taking initiative to meet the staff.

Either way, the recruiter was very rude and would not let me talk. She tried to tell me what my experiences were instead of letting me explain my work history.

Interview Question – How many people have you managed?   View Answer

ASM Interview

Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Fresh Market in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by 2 face to face interviews. Both interviews with managers above local level. Situational questions, if you have heard one, you have heard them all. Both interviewers asked same questions. Phone interview was basic, but HR rep. was not only negative, but rude. Did not think I would progress.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, just one flat offer

Assistant Meat Manager Interview

Hendersonville, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fresh Market in August 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. Had an interview with the store manager, giving me a basic rundown of the job (the hiring manager was out that day)....then had an interview with the hiring manager, who basically let me know I had the job, then we discussed pay, benefits, hours, expectations, etc.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Asheville, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fresh Market.

Interview Details – I was called about a week after putting in my application and asked to come in a couple days later. Once I showed up the manager basically spent the entire time talking about how they are a specialty store with needy customers. He asked where I used to work, what hours I was looking for, when I could start, and for me to describe a good customer experience. Then he got my social for a background check and said he would call. Then I left. Very easy interview, if it could be called that. I was offered the job a week later and I accepted.

Interview Question – Describe a good experience you had with a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told him I needed full time and at least $9 an hour in order to be able to pay my bills. This was accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Bakery Clerk Interview

Bakery Clerk
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fresh Market in May 2011.

Interview Details – One interview face to face, about 30 min. Mostly behavioral questions. Even if you suck they will hire you because of the high turnover

Interview Question – None, all of the questions are very easy, they want to hire you because they always need people   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they won't ever negotiate pay with you