Fresh and Easy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.2

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fresh and Easy.

Interview

real easy going, manager was friendly. just asked about experience etc. I knew I was hired right away because he then and there asked me to have a drug test done within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation. (maybe not word for word but something along those lines)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fresh and Easy (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 40 minutes long which I thought was a bit long, but I didn't feel rushed. I felt like the manager wasn't trying to hide what he was looking for, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to "Wow!" a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fresh and Easy (Danville, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I've never worked retail before and only had one interview being a caregiver so I didn't know what to expect. The whole process was really easy. I walked in and spoke to the manager, handing her my resume. She asked me a few questions and gave me an interview on the spot. The interview lasted about 15 minutes. The questions are very basic, what do you do in such situations, why do you want to work here, etc. All i had to do was pass the drug test and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fresh and Easy in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week by the store manager at the store where I had applied. The interview was with the same store manager and two other managers/supervisors from another store. Despite the fact there were three interviewers, something I hadn't expected, which felt very daunting at first; the interview was very pleasant. All three interviewers were very personable and friendly. The quesions seemed to flow into conversation rather than just them asking me questions, me answering and then moving onto another. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What would you say are your key strengths, Describe a difficult situation you have experienced at work and how you dealt with it/ What would you say is good customer service/ What is your favourite Fresh and Easy product and are there any that you dislike/ Is there anything you don't like about the store that you would change   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fresh and Easy (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

A personality quiz is done online in the application phase. The Interview is with District Manager. A series of canned questions focused on customer service, priorities, and Management skills. The questions were designed to look for key word answers (empathy for person but achieve an acceptable result). A short answer might not touch all the bases.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fresh and Easy (Hayward, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

We walked around the store and did some paperwork, i had to provide my proof of residency and take a drug test within 24 hours of the interview. I didn't feel nervous, the manager introduced me to the workers on duty and they were very friendly to me.

Interview Questions

• My work experience, what I do besides work, where I live.   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fresh and Easy (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

simple short fast, They used a cheat sheet or standardized question form that all new hires receive, more questions asked for a simple position and would suit a store manager but it felt robotic and unrehearsed or "canned"

Interview Questions

• do you like constant change ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their way or highway, pay rate "Set in stone" There is no room for negotiating better hours especially working a graveyard shift, It can be a circus. I tried for additional pay and was promised more after a year but when the year came around the promised raise never did

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fresh and Easy.

Interview

Received phone call after waiting six months, was eventually brought in for two separate interviews which were very basic, asking general questions that are typical of retail to get a picture of your personality type. Second interview describes pay and benefits, then you are brought on as your hired position within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you exceeded a customer's expectations   Answer Question

Training and Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fresh and Easy (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

interview, contacted next day and started the next week. Most hiring is done thru staffing agencies. For the most part the interviewers are very nice and try to put you at ease when interviewing.

Negotiation

none

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fresh and Easy (El Segundo, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Started with phone interview and several calls with recruiter. Moved on to a 1 on 1 interview with 1 top leader in the company. 2nd 1 on 1 was with another top leader from another facet of the business. Final interview was with VP of HR. Overall an above average experience with plenty of challenging questions. I was given many opportunities to ask questions as well which I happily obliged. Process took about 1 month and then 3 more weeks before I left my previous employer which was important to walk away on good terms. F & E did not pressure me to give short notice and totally understood how important it was for me to give as much notice as needed with my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of the process steps you would use to change some of our bad behaviors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty fair once an offer came through. I placed a counter offer and it was accepted a few days later.