Fresh and Easy Interview Questions & Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Talent Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Fresh and Easy in November 2013.

The interview process was a pleasant experience. My initial interview was by phone with the Recruiter at Fresh & Easy. The confirmation email for this interview was detailed and included the job description as well as the data, time, and a short blurb about the company. During the phone interview I felt comfortable & confident. The Recruiter made it feel like a friendly conversation. At the end of the interview we discussed next steps and what I should expect if I were to be called in for an in-person interview with clear information about when I would be contacted with more information. The follow-up was very quick and I was invited to an in-person interview to meet the Hiring Manager at the corporate office. When I arrived to the office for my interview I was impressed with the surrounding area, with the reception area, and with the employees that I interacted with. The Recruiter I had interviewed with on the phone greeted me and escorted me to the conference room. We chatted for several minutes before the Recruiter left to get the Hiring Manager. I had a great interview with the Hiring Manager, felt very comfortable, very at-ease, and very excited to possibly work with them. After the interview I received a follow-up phone call confirming that I was hired. The hiring process was very easy. A lot of the process was via email. Overall, I feel that my experience was authentic and positive.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question was why I was leaving my current employer (now previous), however, I was honest and focused on the lack of professional development opportunities at my current company (now previous company).   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was very simple and straightforward. I was appreciative of the flexibility and open-minded approach of the Recruiter & Hiring Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Dimas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fresh and Easy in January 2014.

Applied and got a call about a week later

Anonymous Employee  in  San Dimas, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Fresh and Easy in January 2014.

I applied, and was called in for an interview a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fresh and Easy in March 2011.

Not very hard or involved.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at this company,You start at $10 an hour for this position.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fresh and Easy in November 2012.

Applied online through indeed.com. I received an email to go to a mass interview session about a month or two later.The first interview is a screening with basic questions like, Who are you? Why do you want to work for us? Tell us about your leadership experience. The second part if you get passed along is with a district manager or some store managers. The scripted interview questions are centered around "sense of urgency", organization, team leadership, and who is your hero. If you pass and are hired you will immediately be sent out for a drug test and sign a release form for the background check. The process takes anywhere from 2-3 weeks. You will get calls at odd hours from the U.K's recruitment center along the process. After your background gets back you will receive an email with the location of your first store/training store.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were racing against time? How did you react? What did you do? etc   View Answer
    No negotiation what you are offered is what you get.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fresh and Easy.

Hiring and interview process started with an initial contact through the phone by the recruiter. The questions by the recruiter consisted of general behavioral questions and a question regarding favorite F&E product. The interview round was at the corporate office with a manager. The questions by the manager consisted of general questions regarding academic background and technical skils.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Fresh and Easy in April 2012.

I applied for a number of different positions online. The application system was difficult to use. I received a phone call a week or two later from a member of the HR department. She was very pleasant and helpful and set up a phone interview for me with a manager the next day. (I live in a different state, so I could not easily do an in-person interview.)

The interview went very well. The manager who interviewed me was informal and very easy to talk to. He answered all my questions very thoroughly. I was very pleased that the company would hire an intern who had already graduated from college. (Most will not, because it means they do not get money from the federal government to help pay the intern's salary.) As well, Fresh and Easy was the only company that took me seriously when I said I was completely willing to move to another state for the job.

A few weeks later, I received a phone call from a different HR person. She said they had decided I would be a better fit for a slightly different job with the same title, so she scheduled me for a Skype interview the next week. She was also very helpful.

My second interviewer was much younger (only a few years out of school himself) and not as easy to talk to. The interview was supposed to be via Skype, but they did not have a working microphone on their computer, so it was more of a combination phone/Skype interview.

At the end of the interview, the HR representative told me they were very interested in me and would be in touch by the end of the week. When I hadn't heard back after more than two weeks, I called her to touch base. She said they'd been extremely busy, but they were still very interested in me, and again she would call me back at the end of the week. I did not hear back from her, and almost two months later I received a form rejection email, identical to ones I'd received for other positions that I was never interviewed for with Fresh & Easy.

I appreciate the company's willingness to look ever-so-slightly outside the box when interviewing interns (out-of-state graduate, instead of local undergrad), but the lack of follow-up on promised communication was disappointing. There was no need to tell me I would be contacted in a matter of days, so why make the promise if they weren't going to live up to it?

Interview Questions
    • I described the regression analysis I had conducted in my senior thesis, and the interviewer asked me what my R-squared was.   Answer Question

Fresh and Easy Commercial Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fresh and Easy in April 2012.

About a week after I applied online, I got a call from a HR rep to set up a phone interview for the next day. She called exactly when she said she would and we had about a 15 or 20 minute conversation. She asked me questions about some items on my resume and also asked me a couple other questions like, "Describe a time where you had to use the element of persuasion or negotiation." What my future plans and goals are, and what interested me about marketing and the grocery industry. She also asked me what I knew about Fresh and easy, what my favorite product was, and if there was a product they don't carry that I wanted to see. At the end of the call she offered me a 1:1 interview scheduled later in the week.

The 1:1 interview went very well. I was interviewed by a British talent manager who was relatively young and disarming. Very nice guy and he made me feel very comfortable. We swapped stories about African food, and he really filled me in on the company, what interns do and what my role would be. He also asked me why I applied for the commercial intern position specifically and what interested me about it. At the end of that interview he invited me to come in for a second 1:1 interview to meet with a category manager.

I would say the first 1:1 interview was more about getting a feeling for the type of personality you have. No 'typical' interview questions like "tell me a time when you had to solve a difficult problem" there was none of that. It was just free flowing conversation for about 45 minutes. Actually, he did ask me what were my strengths and weaknesses, and also if there was something I would change about Fresh and Easy stores. Anyhow, the second interview took place a week later. The interviewer was American and not as energetic or young and didn't share the same enthusiasm as the talent manager. I shared with him my ideas for improvements for the store and had prepared a SWOT analysis for F&E, Trader Joe's, and Wholefoods. The interviewer honestly didn't seem to be very interested in me from the get go. Not like the talent manager at least. But anyway, he was pretty neutral and didn't have a lot of typical interview questions either. He was more trying to gauge my personality I think and whether I'd be an asset to the internship team. He told me he'd contact me in a week about the job and I never heard back. 3 weeks later I received a call from HR and they told me I did not get the position but that they would keep my resume on file. All in all it was an okay experience. I appreciated that they at least called to thank me for coming in and to let me know I didn't get the job. Most employers don't do that. You just never hear back and that's how you know you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about Fresh and Easy? What are some of Fresh and Easy's weaknesses?   Answer Question

Human Resources Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fresh and Easy in March 2012.

I applied online for the internship. Two weeks later I got a phone call and a 20 min phone interview took place right then. Two weeks later I got another call to meet in person. That interview was about an hour and I met with three other people at that time. They gave me a tour of the place before the interview which helps you relax a bit and get a glimpse of the company. Everything is nice and open with glass walls. People wore jeans and was very laid back. It took awhile to get a response from them afterwards. They said they would call back and give feedback the week after and let me know of their decision. Finally after two weeks I sent an email to see whats up. Overall, it was a good experience.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Fresh and Easy in January 2012.

The interviewers asked very specific situational questions. Be sure to prepare specific examples of when you had to deal with a difficult customer, showed leadership, etc. The office is very laid back. There isn't a strict dress code. One of my interviewers was wearing jeans. The work culture seemed very team oriented, everyone collaborates and works together.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is your biggest success in your current position?   View Answer

Worked for Fresh and Easy? Contribute to the Community!