FreshDirect

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Reporting Analyst (Software Engineer) Interview

Reporting Analyst (Software Engineer)

Interviewed at FreshDirect

Interview Details – Telephonic interview for 60 minutes. People were good and friendly, they have asked about my experience and my back ground and questioned how well I can work under stress. Challenges faced In the previous project.

Interview Question – How well do u think u fit for the job..?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FreshDirect.

Interview Details – The process was very straightforward and the questions were similar to what you would expect -why do you want this position, what skills do you bring to the table, etc. I met with three people total and everyone was really nice. The staff seems nice also. Everyone is laid back.

Interview Question – Do you plan on staying in this position forever or do you have other ambitions to move to another position within the company?   Answer Question

Executive Level Position Interview

Executive Level Position

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at FreshDirect.

Interview Details – This company is notorious for never getting back to people they interview. At the executive level its a common courtesy to at least let a prospective candidate know that they are not being considered. If the company has poor communication at this beginning stage it says a lot about how they do business.

Interview Question – The interviewers were great, no questions were weird or unexpected. They are very casual and friendly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing out of the ordinary

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Logistics Interview

Logistics
Long Island City, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FreshDirect in March 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and was asked to come in person. Interviewed with 3 or 4 people. One person was very difficult to understand due to their accent and speed of talking. Another person was extremely awkward and asked questions in an extremely drawn out and unclear manner.

Interview Question – They asked me how I would approach solving a problem, and each time I attempted to give an answer i would be asked another question. Extremely frustrating.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to work night shift; commute would be too far

Very Easy Interview

Courier Interview

Courier
Long Island City, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FreshDirect in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had applied to FreshDirect one time before I finally got a call inviting me to their Open House. An HR manager and one of the transportation supervisors were the ones conducting the interviews. There were about 30 of us and they took us one by one into little makeshift offices. I was ''interviewed'' by the transportation supervisor, the interview with HR might've been a little more thorough and interview-like. He asked if I understood what the job entailed, if I was fine with working in rain, sleet, snow, etc and took a quick look over the application they made us fill out. I'm guessing since I had previous related experience he didn't feel a need to really interview me. After I said I was fine with it all and everything sounded good, he told me I got the job. I left the office, got a drug test form, shook everyone's hand, went to a midtown lab to take the drug test and I was at training the following week. (Interview was on a Thursday)

Interview Question – What do you bring to FreshDirect?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much for me to negotiate. I was fine with the pay since I knew I'd earn just as much with tips. I'd advise you to take the offer if they make it.

Worked for FreshDirect? Contribute to the Community!