FreshDirect Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.7

Merchant Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FreshDirect.

Interview

Applied online and received an via email from HR with a few questions for me to answer for them to decide if they wanted to bring me in for an in-person interview. In-person interview took about 3 hours, and HR said she would follow up with me within a week. I followed up several times after, but HR never got back to me. Rude. Inconsiderate. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to decrease cost of product when negotiating with vendors?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FreshDirect.

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager from each of the squads that run the plant, financial and labor operations of the business. Each of them described the functions of their squad and then asked me if and how I believe I would be a good fit for their squad. I was also asked several technical questions regarding the software I know how to use and how I would affront specific problems.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshDirect (Long Island City, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The Process Consisted of a 1 hour technical phone interview where I would rate the focus as erratic. Then an onsite interview consisted of the person I interviewd with on the phone again another technical interview, a potential peer, a potential peer from another group and my Boss.

Interview Questions

• What is he exact command on show to verify if a device is attempting to connect to another device?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was difficult or unfair about the process-   1 Answer
    • Was any one person unprofessional?   1 Answer
    • Was there any good about the interview?   1 Answer
    • How should someone prepare?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FreshDirect (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Craigslist. Found a number called and explain a bit about my background. If you have points in your abstract don't even bother. Is you have an accident, come with proof if is a no fault.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ok

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FreshDirect in May 2015.

Interview

VP of Human Resources very thorough, welcoming and honest all throughout the process. The interview was conducted in a manner that was very comforting. After meeting with the VP of Human Resources I met with the Plant Production Manager who seemed to be very busy and not all that interested in conducting the interview. Ladtly, I met the VP of Production who was very brief and did not offer much insight into the job

Interview Questions

• What is your philosophy in training individuals to succeed?   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FreshDirect.

Interview

Phone interview was okay...however, not sure if it was a test or not, but the interviewer had me on hold for 15 minutes. I kept my cool. A second interview was scheduled, and this is where it went downhill. First of all, there was no parking for employees. I was not told this before hand. Leave yourself plenty of time. I was interviewed by four people (not all at once). I was there for a long time, and was never offered any break or food. After all, they are a food company. Lastly, I was interviewed by an arrogant consultant that just knows PowerPoint. Instead of testing me, he wanted me to tell him exactly what I know. Well I'm sorry, but I didn't memorize the tool bar. Based on this, I was not hired. What a shame for them. Also, the working conditions are poor. Very little space to work and the desks are literarily on top of one another.. There is no place to go out and eat, so you are basically stuck inside. Very cheap company. I would not recommend this place.

Interview Questions

• It seemed that the focus was to see if you have a problem with an employee or boss, how would you go about handling it. This was the first clue to get out.   Answer Question

Industrial Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FreshDirect in November 2014.

Interview

phone interview with HR, phone interview with the hiring manager and following last phone interview they fixed a personal interview with 5 people and lasted 5 hours. They were nice people. Last person was the hiring manager who was the one who did the phone interview before. Never heard from them again

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FreshDirect (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call from the company's recruiter and had a half an hour phone interview. The recruiter said she would submit my resume to the hiring manager and if I am selected for the next round she will contact me. About a week later I was contacted by the recruiter again and told that I was selected for the next round and the hiring manager would like to talk to me. She asked me for my availability and said that the hiring manager's personal assistant will reach out to me with the time and date for my interview. A couple of hours later I got an email from hiring manager's assistant asking me to confirm the details. I did. I took my time to prepare for the interview, researched the company, business, competitors, history, etc., prepared relevant questions. I took my interview seriously and was prepared and interested in the job. I took time off work and found a quiet place to talk. However, on an agreed day and time, something happened that has never happened to me before when dealing with any potential employers. I was waiting by my phone for about 20 minutes did not get the call. I tried to reach out to the hiring manager's personal assistant and the recruiter by phone. Nobody answered. Then I sent a polite email to both of them, informing that I was scheduled for an interview today and asking if the time had to be rescheduled. First, I got an email from Hiring Manager's assistant, that started with "give me a minute" and asked me to provide my availability again as the hiring manager was not available at a previously scheduled time. I also got a return call from the recruiter, who apologized and said that the hiring manager got stuck in a meeting and informed me that his personal assistant would reschedule the interview. I emailed my availability to hiring manager's assistant and didn't hear back. I sent a follow up email in a few days to the recruiter and hiring manager's assistant and didn't hear back either. A couple of weeks a I emailed the recruiter only and asked if the position was still available. At that point I was just interested to know what could possibly happen and thought that maybe the recruiter would offer some explanation. She answered and said she would find out. That was the end of my communication with this company. I find the way the company handled the interview process not only unprofessional but extremely rude. I was not only a potential candidate, I was a client, so was my family. We won't be any longer. I think it worked to my benefit that I won't be working with such rude and disrespectful people. I understand, people get busy and emergency situations may happen, but to not reschedule a missed interview and treat a candidate in such a way is beyond unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What were the challenges that you faced in your previous job and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Interview

Telephonic interview for 60 minutes. People were good and friendly, they have asked about my experience and my back ground and questioned how well I can work under stress. Challenges faced In the previous project.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FreshDirect.

Interview

The process was very straightforward and the questions were similar to what you would expect -why do you want this position, what skills do you bring to the table, etc. I met with three people total and everyone was really nice. The staff seems nice also. Everyone is laid back.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on staying in this position forever or do you have other ambitions to move to another position within the company?   Answer Question