Freshfields Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

Entry Level Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Freshfields in June 2014.

I was told that there were three rounds. I only went to the first one. I met with three different people, none of them were attorneys. I thought it went really well but I did not get called back for a second round.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Training Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Freshfields in January 2014.

Very helpful and welcoming all through the process, from phone contact to on the day.

Interview Questions
    • The writing test was completely different in format to what my internet research had led me to believe. I had expected, and prepared for, an argument/opinion essay type question. In reality was asked to look over some fictional email correspondence and highlight errors/areas of ambiguity and suggest ways the email to the client could be improved. This all took me completely out of the blue. The test was followed by two 2:1 interviews, each with a partner and an associate. The first was competency based (my advice here is not to let their very informal and disarming manner relax you TOO much), the second was analytical (the famous commercial awareness). I had read a commercial awareness book before the interview which helped, but I would advise also reading a broad 'MBA replacement' text if you have the time.   Answer Question

Trainee Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Freshfields in December 2013.

Application form consisting of a 850 word personal statement, but not much else. Invited to do an online test, and then heard back from Freshfields within two weeks, to organise interview. Interview consisted of three parts: a written exercise reviewing a drafted letter from a trainee to a client; a motivation and personality interview; then a case study, based on an article from the FT.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Freshfields in February 2011.

Detailed and formal

Non - existent

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Freshfields.

6 rounds of interview. Over-cautious, risk averse and paranoid culture. The firm dragged out the interview process for around 70-80 days and left me hanging at the end for a long time waiting for an offer/rejection.

Interview Questions
    • The partners will grill candidates on sector expertise and competence analysis. They will treat you with suspicion and be poker faced at panel interview, but you may get good feedback when you think you may not have done so well!   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freshfields.

Two interviews: one with senior associates, one with partners. No competency questions. Personal questions such as why Freshfields, why this department. A lot of technical questions.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Freshfields in May 2011.

I was just a fresher and wanted to have an interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between Confidence and over confidence??   View Answer

Worked for Freshfields? Contribute to the Community!