Freshfields

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Paralegal Interview

Entry Level Paralegal
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Freshfields in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was told that there were three rounds. I only went to the first one. I met with three different people, none of them were attorneys. I thought it went really well but I did not get called back for a second round.

Interview Question – Can you describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Training Contract Interview

Training Contract
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Freshfields in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very helpful and welcoming all through the process, from phone contact to on the day.

Interview Question – The writing test was completely different in format to what my internet research had led me to believe. I had expected, and prepared for, an argument/opinion essay type question. In reality was asked to look over some fictional email correspondence and highlight errors/areas of ambiguity and suggest ways the email to the client could be improved. This all took me completely out of the blue. The test was followed by two 2:1 interviews, each with a partner and an associate. The first was competency based (my advice here is not to let their very informal and disarming manner relax you TOO much), the second was analytical (the famous commercial awareness). I had read a commercial awareness book before the interview which helped, but I would advise also reading a broad 'MBA replacement' text if you have the time.   Answer Question

Trainee Solicitor Interview

Trainee Solicitor
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Freshfields in December 2013.

Interview Details – Application form consisting of a 850 word personal statement, but not much else. Invited to do an online test, and then heard back from Freshfields within two weeks, to organise interview. Interview consisted of three parts: a written exercise reviewing a drafted letter from a trainee to a client; a motivation and personality interview; then a case study, based on an article from the FT.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in three words.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Attorney Interview

Attorney
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Freshfields in February 2011.

Interview Details – Detailed and formal

Interview Question – How are you with long hours and a lot of pressure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non - existent

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Freshfields.

Interview Details – 6 rounds of interview. Over-cautious, risk averse and paranoid culture. The firm dragged out the interview process for around 70-80 days and left me hanging at the end for a long time waiting for an offer/rejection.

Interview Question – The partners will grill candidates on sector expertise and competence analysis. They will treat you with suspicion and be poker faced at panel interview, but you may get good feedback when you think you may not have done so well!   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freshfields.

Interview Details – Two interviews: one with senior associates, one with partners. No competency questions. Personal questions such as why Freshfields, why this department. A lot of technical questions.

Interview Question – Issues that Freshfields may be currently facing.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Freshfields in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was just a fresher and wanted to have an interview experience.

Interview Question – Difference between Confidence and over confidence??   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Freshfields? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Freshfields interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Freshfields employees and interview candidates.