Fresno County

www.co.fresno.ca.us
  www.co.fresno.ca.us

Fresno County Interview Questions

Social Services Program Supervisor Interview

Only available to current permanent employees. Must pass a test and score high enough for an interview. Will interviewed with a panel consisting of deputy directors or program managers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you are a new supervisor and you have 3 new employees, one on a leave of absence?   View Answer
    No negotiation as it is a civil service job.

Information Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fresno County in October 2012.

Apply online. Must be very specific in regards to qualifications on the online application. You will be put on the list to take a written test if you meet the qualifications. The highest scoring applicants are placed on the list to interview with the department which is hiring for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to complete a ArcGIS map on the spot to desired specifications.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Salary is described in the job posting. County salary guidelines.

County Jail Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fresno County in September 2011.

3 men asked questions off a prepared worksheet, some of which they didnt know the answers to. Questions didnt seem relevant to the job description.
    They had difficulty explaining some of the questions when i asked about them.
     When you go to a face to face interview, you expect to give examples of how you tackle certain situations, how well you work under pressure and with others, and what some of your skills and strenghts are.
    This interview gave zero chance of this. I couldnt give them references, accolades or certificates, or even my last performance review.
     A real disspointment.

Account Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fresno County in March 2011.

Submit online application, then mailed written exam appointment. Wrote about 1.5-hour exam in a room with about 100+ people for the same position. Mailed the results. Top 7 means will be called by department for in-person interview. I was #15 and got called only after four (4) months for an interview, as each County department called people from the list and hired who they wanted.

Called into a conference room with four managers and supervisors, who asked standard questions such as job experience, strengths, weaknesses, willingness to do specific duties and functions, familiarity with procedures, etc.

Called on the phone after two days with job offer. Starting date two weeks after phone call.

First three days consisting in the on-boarding process of introduction with a number of other new hires in various positions. Rules, regulations, govt procedures, etc., were covered. First time in the office is always the afternoon of the third day.

Interview Questions
    • Typical job interview questions so nothing was unexpected. Be ready to describe your 'weaknesses', 'strengths', 'challenges', 'accomplishments' and how well you work with others to solve problems, tight deadlines and overwork.   Answer Question
    No negotiation whatsoever. The net salary you will actually get in your paycheck is about 65% of the gross so be aware of that - due to all the deductions like taxes, pension, Union fees, health insurance, etc.

Secretary III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

interviewed at Fresno County in August 2010.

Recruiting is conducted for all positions, where a written test is usually administered. Candidates are chosen for interviews from a pool of those testing above a minimum score. Candidates are usually kept on a hiring list for a minimum of six months before the list is closed.

Account Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fresno County in January 2009.

I was already working with Fresno County when I applied for a higher position. I applied online, was invited to a written test, then eight months after that, called for an interview. I had heard excellent things from co-workers about the office that invited me for an interview. They asked several questions about my experience and interest in the work they described that would be part of the job.

Interview Questions
    I was given an offer of a job and accepted it, no salary was discussed; however from the online job offer, I had an idea of the salary. They actually promoted me to more money than what I was then earning, which they didn't have to do. From what I understand, many of the positions with Fresno County (under management) are not negotiable; we are just happy to get a good, secure job with excellent benefits!

Social Worker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fresno County.

Applied and interviewed.

Interview Questions
    Simple, I was offered the job and I accepted.